please help, stalks turning dark red purple. Only 2 week into veg

• Thread starter Irishking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Irishking

Irishking

Can someone please help, stalks turning dark red purple. Only 2 week into veg. Use happy frog soil only, jus started to use pro cal and root builder
89D2B741-CE0C-4C97-A83F-F088A7D1C00C.jpeg
33BB1452-86C2-4E96-8881-0250EE04CD06.jpeg
33BB1452-86C2-4E96-8881-0250EE04CD06.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Duddles

Duddles

I am just guessing here as I used NO nutes for the first 3 weeks of veg for anything BUT if I had to guess, (Which is all anyone can do here) is that is nutrient burn.

If it was me (I might be wrong but I might be right) I would flush with just pour water today.

Conas ata tu mo cara?

And as a further note, some plants have red stems, all of my plants have BRIGHT red leaf stems.

Duddles

Duddles

Questions:

What size are the plants now?

What size pots?

Checked HEAT?

Last time watered?

Irishking

Irishking

I am just guessing here as I used NO nutes for the first 3 weeks of veg for anything BUT if I had to guess, (Which is all anyone can do here) is that is nutrient burn.

If it was me (I might be wrong but I might be right) I would flush with just pour water today.

Conas ata tu mo cara?

And as a further note, some plants have red stems, all of my plants have BRIGHT red leaf stems.
Thanks a lot bro much appreciate, I’m gonna post a pic of my plant also. I hope it will survive and flower ok

Duddles

Duddles

That's nutrient burn 100%.

I'm ASSuming you don't have access to all kinds of shit so if it was me to be honest, I would spray some PLAIN water on the leaves and water plant today (just a lil bit to get some water in those roots) and leave it alone totally for a few days to give it some rest.

Plants perk up in the dark time so if you are on 24 on lights then switching to 18 on 6 off that would be good at least for a few days.

Kind of like medication for humans... you aren't giving a baby a dose of adult medicine are you?

Yep, you did.

Irishking

Irishking

That's nutrient burn 100%.

I'm ASSuming you don't have access to all kinds of shit so if it was me to be honest, I would spray some PLAIN water on the leaves and water plant today (just a lil bit to get some water in those roots) and leave it alone totally for a few days to give it some rest.

Plants perk up in the dark time so if you are on 24 on lights then switching to 18 on 6 off that would be good at least for a few days.

Kind of like medication for humans... you aren't giving a baby a dose of adult medicine are you?

Yep, you did.
Yea I read online for veg stage happy frog soil isn’t the best. The Ocean forest is better. Happy is good for flowering. Literally only use distilled water. Instantly showed signs of nutri burn after first pot transplant. Never changed the soil nothing. Seems like happy frog may b too hot?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Iv'e seen a lot of strains do that when they are not happy (for loads pof reasons),unfortunately you have to wait it out, in my experience , it could just be a plant train, like blue or purp strains, or it can be an early warning of some micro nutrient , or uptake issue, and i have never been able to immmediately reverse it.

Like duddles said, i would deff give some dark rest, and maybe consider just watering with a hand spray, water the container i mean,
And root builder, pro cal enriched soils, all that stuff builds up fast and i think a lot of new growers way over do it.

If this grow dosent work out, the plants look a little jammed up on top, like too close to light or heat, then i would start over, just use pro mix add some perlite, and go super easy on nutes like a 1/2 reccomendation dyna grow or one part grow nute....

Irishking

Irishking

Iv'e seen a lot of strains do that when they are not happy (for loads pof reasons),unfortunately you have to wait it out, in my experience , it could just be a plant train, like blue or purp strains, or it can be an early warning of some micro nutrient , or uptake issue, and i have never been able to immmediately reverse it.

Like duddles said, i would deff give some dark rest, and maybe consider just watering with a hand spray, water the container i mean,
And root builder, pro cal enriched soils, all that stuff builds up fast and i think a lot of new growers way over do it.

If this grow dosent work out, the plants look a little jammed up on top, like too close to light or heat, then i would start over, just use pro mix add some perlite, and go super easy on nutes like a 1/2 reccomendation dyna grow or one part grow nute....
If I transplant it into brand new soil, will it do more damage then good? Was having heat issues at beginning temptature getting up to 31 Celsius

Irishking

Irishking

If I transplant it into brand new soil, will it do more damage then good? Was having heat issues at beginning temptature getting up to 31 Celsius
Do u think I can fix this plant ? Will it even flower ? Also thanks a lot for ur feedback helps me out a lot bro

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
HP is great to support the plant, i.e. hold it up.
Flush, feed with dilute nutes, vent,repeat until ya find your plant is happy again.
HP , which I do use ALL the time is only good for 10 days for seedlings.

Irishking

Irishking

HP is great to support the plant, i.e. hold it up.
Flush, feed with dilute nutes, vent,repeat until ya find your plant is happy again.
HP , which I do use ALL the time is only good for 10 days for seedlings.
Thanks a lot bro , do u think this will flower. I’ve been adding small amount of root builder and pro cal jus started to feed it few days ago. Was showing sines of nutri burn well before I even baught the nutrients. Do you think it still treatable? Thanks again

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also i was a bit misled by the title of your post, there are s bunch of other problems that far surpass the red stalks....
I'll offer some ideas in a min

Duddles

Duddles

Yea I read online for veg stage happy frog soil isn’t the best. The Ocean forest is better. Happy is good for flowering. Literally only use distilled water. Instantly showed signs of nutri burn after first pot transplant. Never changed the soil nothing. Seems like happy frog may b too hot?

TOOO many people get tooooo wound up over the perfect soil.

Just remember one thing.
It's a plant.

It has no idea if it's in Happy Frog, Sad Sally, Billy's Grow Soil or plain old soil.

I don't use distilled water.
I use tap water. Yes, I said it, tap water.
PH is always checked at 6.5

TAP WATER.

Understand? Too many people put too much emphasis into what they can or do use instead of just normal common sense of plant structure and needs.

The BEST marijuana farmer EVER is going to be any farmer that grows plants, regardless of kind.
Farmers know water, soil, fertilizer.

They have studied and learned through trial and error.

Farmer strw hat 1910

I use plain old Aurora Roots Original soil.
Nothing fancy, nothing special.

Nutrients?

Aurora Buddha Grow
Aurora Buddha Bloom
Fish Sh!t

That's it.

See my profile for some cuties you can grow with these nutrients.

Also, here is what I do for growing (Follow along):

Last edited:
dire wolf

dire wolf

Actually i think your plant choked on a bunch of stuff you might have added, and that your mix is too hot, i would re plant in promix, water gently, give the plant some recovery time without thinking about fixing, or enhancing anything...

Raise your light, check the temperature in the grow zone, and be super patient, also toping, fiming and tweaking wont make it grow faster and stronger, it only puts more stress on the plant...

I would just give this guy a chance to recover and do not overwater, this aspect is really important.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Happy Frog is not hot & it's less hot than ffof

talk about pH and why your using only distilled water? Why not tap water? What are the readings?

dire wolf

dire wolf

If you are going to keep it , maybe try a dose of the nuclear medicine " super thrive"

Irishking

Irishking

Happy Frog is not hot & it's less hot than ffof

talk about pH and why your using only distilled water? Why not tap water? What are the readings?
Use distilled water cuz it ph neutral , happy frog has enough nutrients for 4-6 weeks easily. Even when I mix my pro cal and root builder it styll ph neutral works great. I think I kno where I went wrong I read online with super soil u don’t want run off water. I was wrong. My plant suffering from nutrience lockout. Showed signs of stress well before I even went out to buy nutrients. Thanks bro

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Use distilled water cuz it ph neutral , happy frog has enough nutrients for 4-6 weeks easily. Even when I mix my pro cal and root builder it styll ph neutral works great. I think I kno where I went wrong I read online with super soil u don’t want run off water. I was wrong. My plant suffering from nutrience lockout. Showed signs of stress well before I even went out to buy nutrients. Thanks bro
Distilled water does not have measurable ions in it and takes very specialized equipment to measure the pH, not the meters you and I commonly use; you might want to look that up my friend, not sure if that has an application to what's up or not but yeah it's a thing

I feed once or twice with no runoff and then the next feeding I'll run twice that amount of plain pH water through to knock the salt out, hope that helps, good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom