Please Help To Recover Plants, 1st Time In Coco

• Thread starter Vanyoota
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vanyoota

I used to grow 8 600w lamps 9 plants per light crops in soil. Now I switched to coco/dwc hybrid
I use double buckets with coco and air pump inside. I have constant solution level 1 sm above the coco pot's bottom. I have control bucket with leverer connected to main water tank I put my nutes in. All bottom fed through 1\2 inch lines. Ph around 5.5-6.0 - starting PH in tank - 5.2, always raises a little while plants are eating, dunno if it is normal or not.

I have 5 plants lsd from Barney and kali mist from serious seeds. Kali got stunted for a week now. Trying to get her recover. (I know I shouldn't feed indices and sativa from the same water tank).
From start it was awesome. I was using Canna cogr nutes but after week 5 veg plants started to show deficiencies looked like chlorosis. At that time I stopped using rhizotonic as Canna advised on their feeding chart. U had my soup around 600ppm and undecided to make it 900 and then 1100 thinking plants need more food. But I was wrong. Plants ended up with nute lockout. Flushed with 200ppm water(I know I shouldn' do it with that low ppm) and I had 1300ppm runoff. I stopped around 450-500, gave girls some clean water with 300ppm nute mix with nitrozyme and flora clean solution. Helped a little but Kali showed no symptoms of recovery.
So I went to some research and found out that Canna giving you too high dosages and that will end up with nutes lockout in coco.
Switched to Plagron cocos a+b.

Now I have them flushed and ppm around 600 and ph areound 5.8-6.2.

I also made a huge mistake by not giving them plain water between feedings. I was told to feed 100l and give them 15l of water then redo.

I grow solo plants at 600w. I had 0.9 1.0 g/watt.

I am sure I can hit same with those babies. Just need them to recover to flip to 12/12. They would be under scrog. LST trained well.

I have 26 degrees temp
40-45 humidity with 4 us humidifiers. But air exhaust takes all that humid away. Impossible to do 55-60%.

I use 8 600w lamps without tubes with azerwing reflectors.

Photos attached. Am I recovering them right way ? Please help. I am so stressed because of those stunted plants.

Water temp is 21-22

Attached are 2 sickest plants compared to best pheno of lsd.

Main plants started to show deficiencies and I gave them ion calmag solution today and put plagron 600ppm.

Questions:
1. Starting PH in the tank is around 5.1, control bucket has around 5.5-5.8, root zone PH is about 6.0-6.2 - is this normal? I use RO water with Plagron nutes(plus ion calmag addon) around 600ppm
2. Am I doing everything right? I flushed all the pots, runoff was 1100-1300PPM, made it around 450-550 and stopped, gave it Florakleen, some nitrozyme and vitamins, sprayed with canna cure. Now I dumped that solution and opened the tank feeding them 5.0PH 600ppm Plagron cocos a+b with ion cal-mag pro 2ml\l
3. Being on canna cogr I found out that recommended dose is WAY to high, is that true that I could give them 450-500ppm and never had this nute lockout?
4. First it looked like suffocating roots, but I use 2 air pumps that is powerful enough to give enough oxygen, I have a lot of bubbles, I think it rated to 140 and 70 l\min. Was it overdose?
5. What PPM should I keep and how do I raise it to appropriate level?
6. Do I have to give them clean RO water with calmag every other feed - 60l of nutes then 15l of water plus calmag?
7. How to avoid nute lockup in future? I am about to flip to 12\12.

I have stunted plants compared to best pheno of LSD attached. Taken today.

Please help to recover plants 1st time in coco
Please help to recover plants 1st time in coco 2
Please help to recover plants 1st time in coco 3
DGP

DGP

Never seen a hybrid system like this. Are you able to see the roots and smell the water? At 21-22C your water temps are in the danger zone for DWC. I keep mine at 20 max and the water always smells fresh and roots are white. In the past when my water got about 20 I would see wilting (drooping leaves) then leaves turning yellow and dying. It was anaerobic bacteria creating root rot (pythium or a pythium like issue).

Dee

V

Vanyoota

Ukrainian style DWC:) - well, I did smelled the roots and no funky smell was detected. Roots are colored a little brown because of nitrozyme I use - it is brown as fuck;) - I will post pictures of my roots tomorrow.

V

Vanyoota

Never seen a hybrid system like this. Are you able to see the roots and smell the water? At 21-22C your water temps are in the danger zone for DWC. I keep mine at 20 max and the water always smells fresh and roots are white. In the past when my water got about 20 I would see wilting (drooping leaves) then leaves turning yellow and dying. It was anaerobic bacteria creating root rot (pythium or a pythium like issue).

Dee
but only kali mist reacted with P overdose and threw purple stems, maybe you are right, but I never had this problem in early veg. Roots were so perfect, but I gave them Rhizotonic to promote it's growth. I was thinking in adding something similar to great white. Water chiller is too expensive and I can't afford it now. The main tank has 16 degrees, control bucket 20.

DGP

DGP

but only kali mist reacted with P overdose and threw purple stems, maybe you are right, but I never had this problem in early veg. Roots were so perfect, but I gave them Rhizotonic to promote it's growth. I was thinking in adding something similar to great white. Water chiller is too expensive and I can't afford it now. The main tank has 16 degrees, control bucket 20.

Yeah, it was painful to pay for a chiller for my grow recently, I went almost two years without one and just kept the room cooler but that was not ideal for growth (air temp too low) and had to have A/C and the cost of the extra cooling. Now that I am running one I can't imagine going without.

Dee

V

Vanyoota

I feel you. I wouldn't go back neither;)

Do you think roots suffocating?

DGP

DGP

I feel you. I wouldn't go back neither;)

Do you think roots suffocating?
Don't know. Have you used all the products you listed before and successfully in previous grows? Are any of them living beneficial biology? I only have experience working with mostly sterile water ( some stuff always grows on it's own).

Dee

V

Vanyoota

No. 1sr time in this system. I used to grow with mineral salts that I've mixed on my own. But that is so old school so I decided to make a switch.

Just had an advise from fellow grower to switch nutes to powder feeding - complex and had all the nutes in including micro. He had great results with it and it is made in Germany by GHS - I think they know how to grow;)

Any advise in PPM/EC at week 6 of veg?

DGP

DGP

No. 1sr time in this system. I used to grow with mineral salts that I've mixed on my own. But that is so old school so I decided to make a switch.

Just had an advise from fellow grower to switch nutes to powder feeding - complex and had all the nutes in including micro. He had great results with it and it is made in Germany by GHS - I think they know how to grow;)

Any advise in PPM/EC at week 6 of veg?

All I can tell you is at 6 weeks ( I just came out of a 6 week veg BTW) I was at 450 ppm with General Hydro 3 part Flora. I went to 500 or so for a time and saw the tips turn down and darken. Nothing serious but the plants were telling me "enough". So much is dependent on the strain but in my case I have seen that nutrient suppliers consistently call for about 2X what is needed. I never give the dose they recommend due to past outcomes. They just want to sell more. I use 1/4 in newish seedlings (after about the 3rd set of leaves) and then 1/2 through teenagers and mature plants.

I have been thinking of going to a powder material. I found one supplier out there that a lot of canna growers use and dang it now I can't remember the name....will look it up but it was about a quarter the price of typical canna nutes.

Dee

V

Vanyoota

Try Powder Feeding from GHS- just switched to it. Good reviews and friends had good harvests using it.

V

Vanyoota

Well. Have an update here. Sativa recovered. Only 1 pheno lsd still stunted but had new growth already. Problem was with nutes lockup. Don' give them what manufacturer says about dosage. 500ppm is plenty for early and middle veg.

Latest posts

Top Bottom