please help what is going on with my plant?

• Thread starter the man with no
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

the man with no

got these brown spots on my leaves - its on the small new ones at the bottom of the plant the leaves are also curlying alittle where its a brown tip... , its an outside grow - no other plants near by have this problem? - im thinking its that fungus that effects roses? am i correct?

cheers

S

shdowlkr

dunno, these plants in a pot or in the soil?
if in a pot, sounds either pot bound or that root rot may be starting up.

Brown spots down low can also be from overfeeding with P and K, and causing a lock out.

T

the man with no

there in pots and its soil , i use tarantula, and very light feeding.

Leaf1
Leaf 2
S

shdowlkr

forget last post...

Looks like underfeeding first off, lime green leaves and spotting. Need to up the ferts IMO

also, I'd let the pot dry out well before the next watering...
root rot can display itself in exactly the same way..

T

the man with no

under feeding? erm.... ok.... are you sure??
its a large cheese plant hate to loose it due to over feeding

T

the man with no

in all a nice plant , just the bottom leaves inside the foliage ... at bottom that have gone all of a sudden crap,

Top1
Top 2
S

shdowlkr

All of the upper growth is a light green bro, I still go with she's hungry. Also looks like she is starting to go into flower and probably pulling P from those lower leaves, causing the spots and edge burn.

Even some of the upper leaves are showing light discolorations on them. Plant to the lower left in the last picture, thats a lot closer to the color you want on a proper fed plant.

just my .02 bro... sure some one will chime in with something else tho

R

Rootstyle

I think its startin to lock out because of overwatering. If I were you I would let them dry to the bone. Then rinse your medium really well with a low ec of ferts (5-600 ppm or tsp/gl). Hope this helps!

S

shdowlkr

I think its startin to lock out because of overwatering. If I were you I would let them dry to the bone. Then rinse your medium really well with a low ec of ferts (5-600 ppm or tsp/gl). Hope this helps!

yup, the 2 show very similar... agree, dry the pot out then water them with nutes.

If you are growing with chems, you can also add 1tbsp of hydrogen peroxide (off the shelf H2O2, not food grade 30% stuff) to a liter of water and pour that into the pot. Will help destroy some of the pythium but will also destroy micro life in the soil, so dont use if growing organic, more harm then good there...

T

the man with no

ok ill dry her out - actually i think ill drill more holes in the pot tomorrow to help drainage... and then like u say overdose her on feed - im using an sensi grow on her btw
Im alittle wary mind to over do it - i have one of those fert meters and it says ideal? - thanks for your help .

S

shdowlkr

Not over dose... 600-800 ppm on a plant that size is far from OD. In fact, its a light recovery. Next feeding you'll be around 800-1000 and staying as long as its happy...

T

the man with no

well what i have been giving her is 5 ml - which is ohh about 1000 ppm - but i have been up n down with the feed rates why? well i test various areas of the pot area and get different readings..some are high some are low..so i find the middle ground.. but ill up it somewhat again when she not had a drink for about ohh... 5 days?

Its been very wet here laterly mind , lots of heavy rain....

By a web based sunlight clock , i still have until 25th september here until 12/12 so i still have alot of veg mode to go...

S

shdowlkr

you'll be flowering 13/11 bud, 12/12 is just the norm for indoors because some sativas wont flower without it, and flowering at 13/11 or even 14/10 just extends the time it takes to reach harvest...

How are you testing the soil PPM?
are you relying on that to say feed or not?
Lots of rain will leach the N out of the soil relatively quickly, especially growing in a pot.
its just not the same outdoors.. in fact, you may be better off, sticking that lady in the ground there instead of using the pot. Just amend the soil with some good potting soil and maybe some bone meal and worm castings. ;)

T

the man with no

you'll be flowering 13/11 bud, 12/12 is just the norm for indoors because some sativas wont flower without it, and flowering at 13/11 or even 14/10 just extends the time it takes to reach harvest...

How are you testing the soil PPM?
are you relying on that to say feed or not?
Lots of rain will leach the N out of the soil relatively quickly, especially growing in a pot.
its just not the same outdoors.. in fact, you may be better off, sticking that lady in the ground there instead of using the pot. Just amend the soil with some good potting soil and maybe some bone meal and worm castings. ;)

hello again

Im going by a nutrient calculator with regard to ppm in the reservoir solution ie - 3 litres of water = calculation of ppm - i don't trust the bottle due to horror story's over over ferting this has a make shift chart on the back - really don't want that to happen since i think the lady's going to produce big time for me.
Think ill go up a little in strength next watering 1100 ppm or close to it - been raining heavy last few days here :( im also going to add nitrozyme to the brew too , that's organic so shouldn't harm the lady. The more i think about it all, i do believe its over watering , after all i watered her everyday - now its been almost a week and the spots seem to have stopped - so kudos for the input there. As for sticking her in the ground - have considered that , but feel she's too well rooted in that pot , and due to the pot size - i really don't want to harm her thru
stress.

I also use a fert meter its not electronic - its got two probes and a swing needle meter when i put this on fert analysis - after sticking it in the soil near the main stem it says "ideal" ive been going by this from day one.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
I dont know about the fert meter thing you got but if its in a pot,what you can do is next time you water. raise it up onto something and put a lil cup or a bowl under there to catch some of the water run off that runs thru the pot and test that. If you don't have to worry about moving it like to much rain whatever. transplanting wont hurt it. just dig a big hole least 1 and half the size of that pot deep and a lil wider. fill it up with soil a little then drop the whole pot in side the hole. continue filling the hole with soil until its almost the height of the pot. Pack it nice,then remove the pot from the hole. Then remove the plant from the pot and stick it into the hole. its best to do this when the pot is dry. then add more soil to the top and your all set. next add some water and your nutes.
Could be lack of sunlight down below also that has them yellowing a lil. good luck

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I dont know about the fert meter thing you got but if its in a pot,what you can do is next time you water. raise it up onto something and put a lil cup or a bowl under there to catch some of the water run off that runs thru the pot and test that. If you don't have to worry about moving it like to much rain whatever. transplanting wont hurt it. just dig a big hole least 1 and half the size of that pot deep and a lil wider. fill it up with soil a little then drop the whole pot in side the hole. continue filling the hole with soil until its almost the height of the pot. Pack it nice,then remove the pot from the hole. Then remove the plant from the pot and stick it into the hole. its best to do this when the pot is dry. then add more soil to the top and your all set. next add some water and your nutes.
Could be lack of sunlight down below also that has them yellowing a lil. good luck

I concur with Twist. My first thing would be to stop using that meter. Unless it cost like $60 it is probably not accurate enough that you could rely on that reading to tell you if the PLANT is getting enough nutes. That meter might be calibrated for a lower threshold of nutrients as for a different type of plant. Always let the plant tell you what it needs. Meters are key when measuring EC/PPM/PH/TEMP etc., but an uncalibrated meter could kill your crop if you didn't know it went out of calibration. Make sense?

As for transplanting into the Earth I would recommend it highly. Unless you are far into bloom, where root growth wouldn't be conducive with flower production. Just like Twist said, amend and feed lightly. The earlier you get her in the ground the better. Just make sure you take other animals and pests into account. I was surprised when I started container growing outdoors the diversity of the insects outside compared to inside.(READ: F'n caterpillars!) Learn what the EARLY stages of pests like the caterpillar look like before you meet the LATE stages! Damn things will just be chillin on your main cola one morning gorging themselves on your buds.

Other then that best of luck!

Cheers,
Crom

You must be fairly north to have your "12/12" in late September. This is where Kid Twist is also correct with the 13/11 comment.

Top Bottom