Please help with plant problem..*First Under current run*

• Thread starter All4freedumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Ok, so this is my first run with my Under Current, Current Culture system. The plants ran in the system for two weeks in veg. and were just switched two days ago into flower. After the switch I have started seeing the yellowing start. The yellowing is only on new growth. ppm sitting at 1000 and ph sits at 5.8. All water goes through a filtering system and I did flush all plants in ph balanced water before the switch. My first week in veg ppm sat at 800 and second was changed and ran at 900. Ph was 5.8-6.0. The plants were in veg before going in this system, just in a ebb flow system. Room temps sit between 78 and 81. Water temp is 68. Vertical 1000 watt lighting. Advanced nutrient is being used. If I missed anything you might need to help just ask. Your help is appreciated. Oh yeah and these pictures are during night cycle. Thanks again....

Photo 1
Please help with plant problemfirst under current run 2
Photo 2
Photo 4
UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Plants look pretty nice

Broken record here.

PPM's seem about 25% too high and your lights seem a bit high(unless you'd raised for pic?)

Not to beat up on AN but it's got a bad track record in the UC to date. IMO Not to blame it on the nutes but it might be worth looking into a UC proven nute line.

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

I would run a complete flush and give them fresh water for a couple days then switch to some VERY basic flowering nutes and lower your PPMs. Not to talk trash about AN but are you adding the 50+ additives they got? Like UCMENOW said, if your still having issues you might wanna think about going to something like canna, dm gold or H&G which have been doing pretty ok in the systems. But I am not nearly as experienced in this as the guys on here so see what they have to say man.

F

f1ydave

we have had the best luck running all nutes at 50%. using H & G like Ben

your lights are to high. if you had horizontal lighting would you place the light over the reservoir/fan/door or the plant? drop em

U

U C Truth

your lights are to high. if you had horizontal lighting would you place the light over the reservoir/fan/door or the plant? drop em

I would definatley run house and garden.... And drop those ppm's to 650-700 max for the next two weeks then bump 100 a week up from there depending on your strain you may stop raising ppms at about 1200 or so at the end stages of flower..... do a 24 hour flush.... If u are using RO water I would flush with a little house and garden aqua flakes a and b or add a little cal mag as to not strip them of nuts completely....:bubblez:

Oh yeah drop those lights between your plants or put reflectors on them.... My two cents

M

Mr.Detroit

Google plant troubleshooting guide you will find out if you look hard enough pictures only say so much you gotta go do some homework... I wont have my uc until next week but I've done dwc and now rdwc now for my moms and I can vouge for h&g and about 3-4ml/gal cal-mag plus from botanicare my plants stay beautiful no problems ever and my ph stays locked at 5.8... Just email them they will send you free samples so you don't gotta spend no money, they sent them right to my house, I'll never look back. I also still use aquashield from botanicare it's also some good ish. If you do get the aqua flakes just fallow their directions to the t. I take 15 minutes letting part a set and 15 min to let part b set. If your water is 5 ppm 6.0ph r/o water using gh ph up the math is .085ml to every ml of aqua flakes a&b per gal of water that puts my ph at a perfect 5.8 and keeps it there.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I would definatley run house and garden.... And drop those ppm's to 650-700 max for the next two weeks then bump 100 a week up from there depending on your strain you may stop raising ppms at about 1200 or so at the end stages of flower..... do a 24 hour flush.... If u are using RO water I would flush with a little house and garden aqua flakes a and b or add a little cal mag as to not strip them of nuts completely....:bubblez:

Oh yeah drop those lights between your plants or put reflectors on them.... My two cents

Thanks for your time. I have been spending a whole lot of time reading through UC forums, yours being one of them, I have gotta say that you do some beautiful work. I look forward to learning and one day to do something as beautiful as you have. Much respect!
I have lowered my lights, I hope to the right hieght. I have placed them so
the highest part of the bulb is even with the plants and the lowest sits down in between them. I think that this had as big of a part in the yellowing that was
starting. I can see the green spreading through the leafs. It's so crazy, with this system you could almost watch these girls grow...
The girls are flushed and have been replaced with new nutes and Cal Mag
sitting at 650ppm. C02 burner goes on tomorrow....

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Thank you for taking your time. Point taken...

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Broken record here.

PPM's seem about 25% too high and your lights seem a bit high(unless you'd raised for pic?)

Not to beat up on AN but it's got a bad track record in the UC to date. IMO Not to blame it on the nutes but it might be worth looking into a UC proven nute line.

Thank you, your grow is BAD A$$!! Thanks for sharing your experiences..

U

ugmjfarmer

I don't run a UC, but I had similar grow problems using Advanced as well. Horrible nutes IMO, the yellowing issue is due to their use of urea nitrogen (and I have heard people say low iron as well). Urea in hydro is a no no and Advanced loves them some urea, sometimes as much as 50% of the nitrogen content being made up from it. How do you go about digesting that urea in your hydro system to make it available to your plants, since it must be made available either by microorganism or enzyme? IMO your source of Nitrogen should be 100% nitrate in a DWC system, and you will not get that with advanced products. Switch lines with the quickness. Advanced seems to formulate their nutes with sunshine mix in mind, as well as relying on heavy use of microorganisms to break down and make their stuff available.

F

farmer ed

Hi everyone, glad to see the growing interest in ucdwc, I have been growing in these systems for a few years and have found my best results by keeping it all organic and bio friendly, lots of pro biotics and select beneficials. Never had much liking for AN in UC, I like Heavy 16 and General Organics or just plain old compost tea ;). As mentioned dialing back to 50% is suggested, I usually start at about 25-30% and work my way up.

Not to hijack your thread, I am just dialing in a grow and changing to Dutch Pro nutes and have my journal posted here

UCDWC Grow

Good luck, I think you will be right on track from the advice you have already followed from other members. Are you running a chiller? what is your root zone temp?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Thanks for your helping advice everyone...

I thought I'd post a few pics showing you the progress so far.. The girls are 4 1/2 weeks in and looking GREAT-!! The girls averaged out at almost 8 feet tall. Frost is well started but I am still waiting for that big frost morning. Strain is NYSD. Thanks again...

Tn 1
Tn 2
Tn 3
Tn 4
Tn
mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Looking good. Glad you got your problems worked out. I'm a coco nut now but that uc looks like so much fun.

Top Bottom