Please Help With Venting/cooling Dilemma- Not Sure Best Option

• Thread starter NoThc4me
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NoThc4me

You need to also look at the 315 watt lec light made by sunlight supply. I just switched from my air cooled 600 hps to the 315lec which is not air cooled and my temps dropped 4 degrees. I am guessing my first harvest(this week) with the 315 will be about 25% more.

Out of my $ range unfortunately.

N

NoThc4me

well what is the question here? if you are using them for veg? im confused lol

also man i dont really know why but my only thing would be he wants to sell clones? so he needs more space? for them? because if he did use the open room for the flower room he WOULDNT have to crank the ac so low since you have more square footage to move that heat around honestly i think he needs more space for clones and mothers then he does for his flower room.

420circuit

420circuit

There are a lot of people selling clones in CO, lot of problems with bugs are reported, and the legality is, well, hard to figure out, but probably not a totally solid legal basis, even with the donation method of payment and the 8" plant definition. But good luck with it, cloning has been great to keep my garden going, saves having to sex the plants from seeds and cool to keep good strains running.

N

NoThc4me

I'm in CA and this is medical grow so it's a little different. In my area there are no dispensaries, just delivery.

well 750 watts should be hotter in theory even though they are cfl's vs 600 watts in a gas burning bulb lol, say the hps is hotter then all 3 cfl's
the main problem here in my opinion isnt that the cfls are too hot it is that the heat from the cfls is being trapped within your grow room's space with a air cooled vented hood alot of the heat produced from the hps will be vented out thus not trapped within the grow space.

I missed this before. Right now I have a 6 inch fan blowing on each bulb as you can see in the picture. The air isn't trapped in the grow space. I have it venting back into the room now that I'm using the AC, but before I had the duct going into the attic with the 240 CFM inline fan inside the tent. The cubic ft in the tent is 54. So the fan is drawing 100% of the air out every 14 seconds. Maybe the hps won't be any cooler? If I have to open up vents on the tent to cool it down more, that means light will come in from the veg lights. Is my conclusion correct then, that I need to move the tent to a different room as this won't work?

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Thanks for the suggestion on the co2 meter, I hadn't thought about that. You're right about cutting costs. Just trying to figure out the best way- eliminating the need for ac (possibly) by switching to a hps cooled (about $150) and not using the 3 cfls ($150). So total cost $300 to save on air conditioning long term. I just dont know how the heat compares between say a 600watt vented hps and 3 250 watt cfls. My gut says the hps would be cooler. I have fans on the cfls now and they are cool to touch, but their heat is still being blown into the the tent as opposed to a conatained hps vented straight out.

For fresh air, thats good to know your situation was similar, although my ac is window so it isnt fresh air. The only air exchange (in and out) is coming from the 2 inch crack in the door. I will take a picture to show the room size. Its messy as hell right now because I've been working in there. The tent again is 9 square feet, and the room is approx 108, so I dont know how often the air would need replacing given those factors.

Thanks again for help. I keep swinging back and forth between leaving the cfls and switching to hps. View attachment 522086 View attachment 522087

Why not ditch the tent and just use the whole room with air conditioner running? And black out the window. Ventilating a tent is more difficult then venting a room especially when you got the window a/c right there.

It's good you have the ceiling hole, just blow hot air out of that on a timer. On the far end of the room make a hole near bottom of wall with fan on timer to occasionally bring outside fresh air into the room so your bringing in some fresh co2 from outside occasionally. If the central air van is not providing fresh air with CO2 then just stick a big tshirt into it to stuff it up so it's useless, then duct tape the vent. If the central air vent is providing some fresh CO2 then keep it wide open and the ceiling fan draw the hot air out top of room while fresh air comes in bottom of room. I'm not sure why you said central air vent is providing hot air, it should be cold if you got the central air-conditioner on?

Meanwhile the window AC is going to keep things nice. Not much money needed for that.

Use the tent for veg only. Just my 2 cents :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom