Please Help with Yellow leaves

• Thread starter Nitsuga90
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nitsuga90

Nitsuga90

Hi everyone, i hope someone could help me with this problem. Leaves started to turn yellow as I show in pictures, plants stopped growing, just got stucked. Im running a dutch bucket system. For the feeding i use growth technology ionic grow , now i turned lights to 12/12 and change the nutrients to growth technology bloom. Ph 5.9 EC 1.5
I had some algae ptoblems and put h2o2 3% 2ml per liter in the reservoir. Algae problem seem to be solved.. The tap water here is hard (700ppm) so i made 6 weeks growth with that water and now i changed to filtered water with 500ppm. leaves started to be yellow and fall down, i think the problem started before I puted the h2o2, other plants more indica in the same system are healthy. Sugests and opinions are wellcome? Thanks

Please help with yellow leaves
Please help with yellow leaves 2
Please help with yellow leaves 3
Please help with yellow leaves 4
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What is your pH/
What are your ppms in and out?
What are you growing in?
How do you water?

Nitsuga90

Nitsuga90

Its all in the description... Im running a dutch bucket system.. Ph 5.9 EC 1.5, im using filtered watwr 500ppm where I add the nutrients

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Think you may have root problems there. Have some root pics?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Had he been in soil, roots would have been my first guess because he has too many other things presenting at once.

A heavy flush because of softener buildup?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Had he been in soil, roots would have been my first guess because he has too many other things presenting at once.
Yeah. I'm just wondering since he is now changed to filtered water.... if it's a softener then that's 500ppm of sodium and yeah that will make a plant just a little unhappy to say the least.

Nitsuga90

Nitsuga90

Im using AQUA mineral water from danone. 500ppm. Never been in soil. Im sending photos of roots of two different affected plants

20211020 150556
20211020 150620
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Wow, nitrogen toxicity on the tops, with nitrogen stripping in the undersides.
Certainly some form of lockout.

I would suggest lightly foliar with some 1tsp/L of some mag sulfate. Just a light amount, to help aid your recovery while the underside gets corrected. It will put some of the rapid decline in check, perhaps. While you turn the boat around.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks like your getting some root rot.

Personally I prefer a live system over h2o2.

500 ppm water to start is a no go for me. To many minerals for my liking.

Seeing signs of high light also what light and how close?

I don't think there is one issue here but rather a few looking at the plants.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Other things to do. If you absolutely cannot filter that water. Even adding traces of sodium carbonate, should help, and letting water "set" in a 5 gallon bucket, while the precipitation falls out of it. say 24/48 hrs, then simply leave the last few inches. Dipping out of the bucket would be ideal.

Anything to get your starting ppm down to a reasonable level. Filter it in charcoal, and a coffee filter, anything.

Last edited:
Nitsuga90

Nitsuga90

Wow, nitrogen toxicity on the tops, with nitrogen stripping in the undersides.
Certainly some form of lockout.

I would suggest lightly foliar with some 1tsp/L of some mag sulfate. Just a light amount, to help aid your recovery while the underside gets corrected. It will put some of the rapid decline in check, perhaps. While you turn the boat around.
With nitrogen toxicity the leaves shouldnt be dark Green? Are all getting yellow

Nitsuga90

Nitsuga90

Looks like your getting some root rot.

Personally I prefer a live system over h2o2.

500 ppm water to start is a no go for me. To many minerals for my liking.

Seeing signs of high light also what light and how close?

I don't think there is one issue here but rather a few looking at the plants.
I started 3 days ago with h2o2 3%. 2ml /lt do you know how often should I put it in my reservoir?

Latest posts

Top Bottom