Please help. Yellowing plant week 3 of flower.

• Thread starter Lowlifellamas
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lowlifellamas

Lowlifellamas

Hey, My sativa (bag seed) is in week 3 of flower, and a couple of days ago I just noticed a few leaves were discolouring and forming brown spots. Over the last few days the entire plant has changed to a yellow colour and is looking unhealthy. Other than this the plant has been very healthy and everything has been going smoothly . I am growing in soil, with a ph of 6.5. have been feeding 15ml canna Pk in 10L of water for every second watering. Water is ph’d to 6.5 every time. I tested runoff today and it was at 6.5. Growing under a Mars ts600 at 16 inches in a ten litre pot. Daytime temps around 22C nighttime around 15C, RH 30-40%. I was thinking I could’ve been over watering so I’ve laid off the watering for about 4 days now. Any more info I can provide just let me know. Thanks!

Please help yellowing plant week 3 of flower
Please help yellowing plant week 3 of flower 2
Please help yellowing plant week 3 of flower 3
Please help yellowing plant week 3 of flower 4
Please help yellowing plant week 3 of flower 5
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

What is your soil type? Also how often are you watering? How wet is your soil? Also are you adding Nitrate boosters yet? Please let me know Im thinking possibly overwatering but if it's not that maybe you need to give them a nice heavy dose of bloom feed to darken up those leaves and kick the photosynthesis in high gear. Sometimes when I run really nutrient hungry strains they need more bloom booster than the others. The Wookie Glue cut I have is like that always was a little pale in color in comparison to my other strains and I found out its just because she is a hungy little girl. Once I started giving her extra fertilizers in veg and extra bloom feed in flower she really darkened up nice. These are two possibilities if your confident its not overwatering then just giver her a healthy dose of Bloom feed accompanied with some Cal Mag. That should put some color back in her. As far as those grungy looking leaves go... just pluck them all off they look like they are a lower canopy leaves anyways.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I think theres some over watering going on and that messes your nutes right up. They have nitrogen and phosphorus deficiencies but that can be entirely from over watering. If i read correctly you said you are in soil and feed 10L of water to a plant in a 10L pot with runoff at 6.5. If that is correct then that is WAY too much water for that pot. 1L would be enough, which leads to my second point. You shouldnt be irrigating to runoff in soil. Any beneficial bacteria gets rinsed out and it saturates the soil with nutes. The only time you should have runoff in soil is if yiu are checking for salt buildup or something. And now, if the plants were eating anything you feed them, the pH of the runoff would be different than your starting pH . Get a soil moisture meter from.amazon and it will tell you when to water. Weed likes to dry out a bit before drinking again. It needs a proper wet/dry cycle. This is the same in soil and hydro.

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

So you shouldnt need calmag in soil. And i see no signs of a calcium or magnesium deficiency. What week is the plant in? Exactly what are you feeding, how much, how often. ppm/ec strength, pH. Any other info you can give me. But right now they are severely deficient. If the soil is dry they need nitrogen and phosphorus. If the soil is damp, let it dry out and then give it a full strength dose of nutes. Whatever size pot your soil is in, start by giving it a tenth of that volume when you feed. For example, my 7 gallon fiber pots were given 2-3L every 2 days. In soil you feed twice and water once. So after you have watered with nutes twice in a row, give them plain water for the 3tlrd feeding. That helps to stopany nutrient excesses from building.

EDIT: I just took a closer look at the leaf pics and im sure that they are being over watered. No doubt about it. There is slight tip burn so i think they were getting enough nutes before over watering kicked in, (unless you know the tip burn is old, if it is then disregard this part) But its ok, friend, we'll get them healthy no problem. If you can jist give me the info i asked for we'll get it fixed up. It can still produce some stellar smoke yet.

Last edited:
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

So you shouldnt need calmag in soil. And i see no signs of a calcium or magnesium deficiency. What week is the plant in? Exactly what are you feeding, how much, how often. ppm/ec strength, pH. Any other info you can give me. But right now they are severely deficient. If the soil is dry they need nitrogen and phosphorus. If the soil is damp, let it dry out and then give it a full strength dose of nutes. Whatever size pot your soil is in, start by giving it a tenth of that volume when you feed. For example, my 7 gallon fiber pots were given 2-3L every 2 days. In soil you feed twice and water once. So after you have watered with nutes twice in a row, give them plain water for the 3tlrd feeding. That helps to stopany nutrient excesses from building

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

More cal mag
Do you even know anything about plant nutrition or do you just tell people to do stuff that will destroy their crop because you know what youre doing? Sorry if i sound like an ass but i hate the spreading misinformation and the thought of a new growers harvest getting ruined from bad advice irritates me.

First off, the dudes in soil AND hes feeding it...... i DOES NOT need more calcium or magnesium (calmag is not a nutrient, calcium is and magnesium is also, and both can be deficient at the same time). Here are a couple charts to help you better understand nutrient deficiencies and excesses and i suggest you study them before you give any more helpful advice in the future. If you have questions about anything, just ask.
In the words of canadian icon Red Green: "we're all in this together"

Calcium def causes rust colored spots on the leaves and since it is immobile, it will appear at the bottom leaves first.

Magnesium def will present itself with perimeter chlorosis. The veins will appear neon green and while the rest of the leaf may still be dark green, there is a telltale, almost neon yellow that starts at the leaf tip and continues along the edges. The leaves will look like they have a neon yellow ring around the outer edge.

None of these symptoms are present and even if they were, since the grower is in soil and feeding them as well, it still wouldnt be an actual deficiency, it would most likely be a nute lockout from incorrect pH.

However, in this case there is an obvious N and P deficiency but whether its from under ferting or from poor watering practices (my guess is the watering practices), depends on what happens after they let them dry out a bit.
Unnamed
(theres an error in this chart. Calcium is IMMOBILE.

Deficiency chart

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

I think from what I see these plants are showing a magnesium deficiency, but it may be caused by a lower ph in feeding, intentionally or unintentionally, meaning that the mag is there in the soil, but if the ph is lower than 6.3 then the roots may not take it up effectively and cause the plant to show these signs of a mag deficiency. I have this problem trying to run my ph at a 6.1, which works great with other strains in my soil mix, but on certain saliva's, they want a higher than 6.1 ph to up-take the mag easier...I run them specifically at 6.5 and they have rebounded nicely. Not all is crystal clear until you look at the whole problem 👍

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Hey, My sativa (bag seed) is in week 3 of flower, and a couple of days ago I just noticed a few leaves were discolouring and forming brown spots. Over the last few days the entire plant has changed to a yellow colour and is looking unhealthy. Other than this the plant has been very healthy and everything has been going smoothly . I am growing in soil, with a ph of 6.5. have been feeding 15ml canna Pk in 10L of water for every second watering. Water is ph’d to 6.5 every time. I tested runoff today and it was at 6.5. Growing under a Mars ts600 at 16 inches in a ten litre pot. Daytime temps around 22C nighttime around 15C, RH 30-40%. I was thinking I could’ve been over watering so I’ve laid off the watering for about 4 days now. Any more info I can provide just let me know. Thanks!
Anyone know what those white flecks are?

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

So you shouldnt need calmag in soil. And i see no signs of a calcium or magnesium deficiency. What week is the plant in? Exactly what are you feeding, how much, how often. ppm/ec strength, pH. Any other info you can give me. But right now they are severely deficient. If the soil is dry they need nitrogen and phosphorus. If the soil is damp, let it dry out and then give it a full strength dose of nutes. Whatever size pot your soil is in, start by giving it a tenth of that volume when you feed. For example, my 7 gallon fiber pots were given 2-3L every 2 days. In soil you feed twice and water once. So after you have watered with nutes twice in a row, give them plain water for the 3tlrd feeding. That helps to stopany nutrient excesses from building.

EDIT: I just took a closer look at the leaf pics and im sure that they are being over watered. No doubt about it. There is slight tip burn so i think they were getting enough nutes before over watering kicked in, (unless you know the tip burn is old, if it is then disregard this part) But its ok, friend, we'll get them healthy no problem. If you can jist give me the info i asked for we'll get it fixed up. It can still produce some stellar smoke yet.

hey man thanks for reply.
my current feed is In the picture. The captains recipe and its been working very well. I am on my second cycle and have been been having problems everytime. My girls are popped from seeds like 3 months ago! Theyre rootbounding in the small 3 gallons and i know i need to get them into final pot wayyy earlier . And i will starting next run. My strain is 10 week btw .

i really believe its the ph buffers dieing down.
i did a run off test just now and it went in 5.8 and came out 5.2. I watered with 6.5 and got the run off down to 5.6 7ish. Left it at that dont want to drown it anymore.

hopefully this resolves the problem. As for a N deficiency i think im feeding enough my ppm is 700-750. I think theyre locking out on me and are mad at me cause they wanna get into bigger pots but i need to prolong them for another 6 weeks or so sighhhh

0587A061 FC42 4951 8008 71C5C44649FF
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

hey man thanks for reply.
my current feed is In the picture. The captains recipe and its been working very well. I am on my second cycle and have been been having problems everytime. My girls are popped from seeds like 3 months ago! Theyre rootbounding in the small 3 gallons and i know i need to get them into final pot wayyy earlier . And i will starting next run. My strain is 10 week btw .

i really believe its the ph buffers dieing down.
i did a run off test just now and it went in 5.8 and came out 5.2. I watered with 6.5 and got the run off down to 5.6 7ish. Left it at that dont want to drown it anymore.

hopefully this resolves the problem. As for a N deficiency i think im feeding enough my ppm is 700-750. I think theyre locking out on me and are mad at me cause they wanna get into bigger pots but i need to prolong them for another 6 weeks or so sighhhh
Hey man i think if your pH is coming that much lower in soil (you should not be watering to runoff in soil, coco yes, soil no) but it means that you have a salt buildup. Lets see if we can get an answer from someone that knows what theyre talking about. Hey @Aqua Man, am i right about the soil pH thing? Or am i way off?

With the pH of the runoff dropping that much, the soil base is too acidic. Most likely too acidic to absorb nutes properly. Leech with RO/distilled water, thoroughly., feed them around 500-600 ppm and then let them dry until the soil starts coming away from the edges of the pot and the pot feels nice and light, then feed again. The next time, your 3rd feeding, give plain water at a 6.5pH. Do this for every 3rd irrigation event. Feed with nutes - feed with nutes - feed with plain 6.5pH water, then repeat.

Last edited:
DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

I calibrate everytime i use it :(
I actually think thats too much. Once every 30 days is adequate, or every 2 weeks if youre using it a lot. A good way to tell is the pH meter will start taking longer to get a stable reading. Thats when its time to recalibrate it. Unless you notice the numbers are way different than they should be, thats a pretty good sign too. 🤣

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Nutrients are generally acidic, the soils have lime in them to hell buffer the PH. There is no need to PH adjust Nutrients in soil unless it's for mixing purposes. I wouldn't use straight RO in soil, as a source it's great but always should have a small amount of nutrients or cal mag added. Generally I would use tap water if it's reasonable.

I would try running an enzyme through the soil with the next feed. Adding some beneficial microbes but not crap like molasses that over inflates the population as microbe and soil respiration will lower PH.

Most times it is an accumulatio of nutrients if using salt based ferts but can be many reasons.

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

What do you want to do is water till runoff and test the PPM's and ph of the run off water. You may have an accumulation of salts in the medium. It's very common that it happens around week three if you have it. It Causes multiple deficiency issues and is super common

DreamwalkerJ

DreamwalkerJ

So i think for the most part, we're telling you the same thing. Watering practices matter.
Feed an appropriate amount of water/nutes when they need it. Remember, water with nutes twice in a row and then just plain water the third time, and then back to water with nutes the next 2 times, and on and on until harvest. Do not water to runoff in soil.

However, since i believe you have a salt buildup, in this case, leeching or "flushing" the soil will remove the buildup. Then you give it a full 500-600 ppm nute feeding with bloom nutes. Right now between weeks 3 and 4 is when the plants eat the most nitrogen of their lives, the N drops as P raises and the dropsùs as K raises and then as it gets near harvest. Hes a graph that shows how the nutrient needs change as it grows through the different stages..
Does this look familiar @GNick55 ? Lol
1083510 200b65108a668499f023400df15f4018

Last edited:
Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Root and pics of my worst girl now :(
Even the recharge cant make it lively again

Ok i have been reading your guys posts over and over all morning. Really appreciate it !
So so the run off is 700ppm . Which is what i fed it last time. Ph is lower then going in at 5.2. They went in 5.8 like normal.

the roots are definitely not happy and root bound obviously they are in this 3 gallon way to long.

so from what i gather from everything is i should flush with water to leech the nutes out? But then few guys said i cant flush in soil.

and aqua man and other man said to feed feed water. Instead of water feed water like ive been doing from the beginning ?

also didnt mention its strange but some other girls are looking much better

Neezyweezy

Neezyweezy

Hope you guys can get a clearer picture of whats going on :(

my problem is i cant do anything until i harvest my first crop its only in like week 4 flower
sigh

im pretty sure all these problems are time related and they dont like it. I have some runts of the group and theyre looking way better right now .

Top Bottom