Please help, yellowy bronze dots on my plants can't find what it is anywhere

• Thread starter Lbelle1311
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lbelle1311

Lbelle1311

So I have been researching tons of different pictures trying to find what is wrong with my plants (only on 2 of them) these little dots are almost like a bronze tint not really yellow I would describe it as almost a tan tint I've been reasearching deficiency's and nitrogen or potassium also different possible fungi's and I can not find what this is for the life of me any ideas GREATLY APPRECIATED

Please help yellowy bronze dots on my plants cant find what it is anywhere
Please help yellowy bronze dots on my plants cant find what it is anywhere 2
Please help yellowy bronze dots on my plants cant find what it is anywhere 3
Please help yellowy bronze dots on my plants cant find what it is anywhere 4
Please help yellowy bronze dots on my plants cant find what it is anywhere 5
Please help yellowy bronze dots on my plants cant find what it is anywhere 6
Please help yellowy bronze dots on my plants cant find what it is anywhere 7
Please help yellowy bronze dots on my plants cant find what it is anywhere 8
Please help yellowy bronze dots on my plants cant find what it is anywhere 9
NoobJay

NoobJay

i am no expert but I think it’s a ph issue.
Had this recently and it was du to a ph swing. Maybe test your soils ph or try to see if you did anything different recently water wise. My problem was that I was ph ing the water after I added my microbes and I was doing it wrong as I learned that I have to fix my ec an ph to the desired number then add microbes and to not worry about the numbers showing after the microbial mass was added. After I realized that the bro zing stopped but the old affected leaves stayed the same.

NoobJay

NoobJay

So I have been researching tons of different pictures trying to find what is wrong with my plants (only on 2 of them) these little dots are almost like a bronze tint not really yellow I would describe it as almost a tan tint I've been reasearching deficiency's and nitrogen or potassium also different possible fungi's and I can not find what this is for the life of me any ideas GREATLY APPRECIATED

See this link

PauliBhoy

PauliBhoy

Looks suspiciously like spider mites to me. Got any close-up pics of the bottoms of leaves? Any webbing there?
If you don't have a scope try the white paper test: Cut a branch or stem off of a plant and take it indoors. Lay a white sheet of paper on a flat surface and shake the stem over the paper. If tiny specks fall from the leaves and begin to move around after a few seconds, these are likely mites. A dozen or more would be considered a fairly high population.

Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I was thinking it looks like spider mites as well but don't see any web on the plant. Would not hurt to give it a good once over. Soap and water spray will help. I'm thinking it could also be Calcium deficiency due to PH to high. Check your soil PH and if it's 7 get it down around 6.0 it looks like your growing in pots. If watering with rain water add 1 large green fertilizer spoon full of Apple cider vinegar to each watering can of water. This will bring the water from 7.0 to 6.0 and in turn the soil PH will slowly come down. Flood the pot with this several times like your flushing the pot. Then water with this mix from now on. As most off the shelf nutrients have a good balance there is likely enough calcium in the soil for the plant to be happy. Something is out of wack. If you get the PH in line the plant will go back to being happy.

Last edited:
Lbelle1311

Lbelle1311

i am no expert but I think it’s a ph issue.
Had this recently and it was du to a ph swing. Maybe test your soils ph or try to see if you did anything different recently water wise. My problem was that I was ph ing the water after I added my microbes and I was doing it wrong as I learned that I have to fix my ec an ph to the desired number then add microbes and to not worry about the numbers showing after the microbial mass was added. After I realized that the bro zing stopped but the old affected leaves stayed the s
I was thinking it looks like spider mites as well but don't see any web on the plant. Would not hurt to give it a good once over. Soap and water spray will help. I'm thinking it could also be Calcium deficiency due to PH to high. Check your soil PH and if it's 7 get it down around 6.0 it looks like your growing in pots. If watering with rain water add 1 large green fertilizer spoon full of Apple cider vinegar to each watering can of water. This will bring the water from 7.0 to 6.0 and in turn the soil PH will slowly come down. Flood the pot with this several times like your flushing the pot. Then water with this mix from now on. As most off the shelf nutrients have a good balance there is likely enough calcium in the soil for the plant to be happy. Something is out of wack. If you get the PH in line the plant will go back to being happy.
So i have recently seen some webbing but last year we had a bit of a mite problem and they where everywhere but I think the webbing I saw was just a regular friendly spider we do have quite the gnat problem they came in our soil the Stonington blend platinum growers mix Everytime we get a bag they come with the soil so I figured they spider would help catch some of the gnats but I don't think we have mites nothing comes off when we shake the plant haven't done the paper test yet this year but it's just so bizarre I couldn't find anything online that would explain what it is so I'm going to take your advice and try the apple cider vinegar I usually water them then feed them with tiger bloom and bat guano and once a week add some azos tea also gave a little nitrogen recently we also have a powdery mold issue so have been spraying them with lost coast every day this week but still seeing spots so thank you for your advice 😀

Lbelle1311

Lbelle1311

Looks suspiciously like spider mites to me. Got any close-up pics of the bottoms of leaves? Any webbing there?
If you don't have a scope try the white paper test: Cut a branch or stem off of a plant and take it indoors. Lay a white sheet of paper on a flat surface and shake the stem over the paper. If tiny specks fall from the leaves and begin to move around after a few seconds, these are likely mites. A dozen or more would be considered a fairly high population.
Yes I will take pics do you mean under the leaves or like the tips? Had a badddd mite problem last year literally had the vacuum our buds last year while drying but I don't see webbing like that there's a few webs on a couple of the plants but I think it's from a regular spider which I left because the soil we use has crazy gnats in the bags Everytime I buy a bag of this particular soil the Stonington blend platinum growers mix so I left the spider there hoping he'd help, thank you for your reply I will take some more pics

Lbelle1311

Lbelle1311

Okay new discovery thanks to you asking for a pic of under the leaves, found these little dots on the stem of the branches of the fan leaves that have these dots wtf could that be

Lbelle1311

Lbelle1311

NEW PROBLEM PLEASE PLEASE HELP CANT FIND A DEFINITIVE ANSWER,

found rot on a few of our tops do we have to cut the whole top or just the infected buds? There right under the top should we take to whole top off ? Please help

Ponky

Ponky

NEW PROBLEM PLEASE PLEASE HELP CANT FIND A DEFINITIVE ANSWER,

found rot on a few of our tops do we have to cut the whole top or just the infected buds? There right under the top should we take to whole top off ? Please help
Take pictures of the suspected rot. Before you act. Get right in there with the camera

Top Bottom