Please help!!

• Thread starter noobgrower123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noobgrower123

this is my first time attempting to grow. and my plant sprouted two days ago, i dont know how powerful my lamp is, but in 1 day the 1ft by 1ft by 1ft ceramic square pot was dry, but i didnt water because im afraid of overwatering, so i checked today, and soil was extremely dry but the sprout hadnt grown at all. when it first sprouted it was white, now its green and looks underwatered. it just wont grow, one of my friends says that i need a fan on it or it wont grow. is this true?
i found a fat seed at the bottom of a really good bag so i decided to give it a go. i germinated it in paper towels but after a week no micro root so i ripped off the skin and cracked it, then put it in a shot glass and the micro root grew, so then i planted it....
Also what im growing in is a cabinate thats length of 2 feet, height of 3 ft, and a width of 1 foot. every inch of the cabinate is covered with tin foil, and the lamp seems pretty powerful, its about 10 inches off of the pot and whenever i turn it off after 18hours the whole cabinate is very warm. please help! need tips and advice!

C

cell

Keep the soil damp, not saturated and yes a fan is a must to keep humidity low.

H

hailstone

noobgrower123 said:
i didnt water because im afraid of overwatering, so i checked today, and soil was extremely dry
Give it some water, overwatering is a common mistake in the seedling stage but plants need water too.

noobgrower123 said:
one of my friends says that i need a fan on it or it wont grow. is this true?
No, that's not true. With young plants a fan is good idea because it will help the plant create a strong stem, but the plant should certainly grow without one too.

noobgrower123 said:
the lamp seems pretty powerful, its about 10 inches off of the pot and whenever i turn it off after 18hours the whole cabinate is very warm.

You should put a thermometer in there and find out how warm it is. Plants grow best at about 25-27 degrees Celcius (that's about 77-80 degrees Fahrenheit). This is where you may need a fan of some kind and could be what your friend was referring to.

Also, what kind of lamp are you using? Are you sure it is suitable as a growlight?

P

poutpup07

dont crack the shells....unless its to peel off a piece stuck to the coltydon leaves hindering it from oipening. just let nature take its course......as far as watering thats a big pot for such a small plant i would go with a 4 or 6 inch pot then as the soil dries and the pot feels light when you pick it up water it till water comes out the bottom and dont worry bout it again till its light.hope this helps
peace
pout

Top Bottom