Please Help??

• Thread starter Hindukosher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hindukosher

So my first round is ready to go in to flower but the problem is I only bought one light it's a conversation ballast and I was using that to veg my first round but now I got another round that needs to go in to veg soon and also flower the other ones so I have 1 250watt ballast laying around and I also have a friend how has a 600w MH ballast that he will give me.. My question is is there a big difference when using a 250w compared to a 600w MH for veg my first round looks really good.. Any pros or cons PLEASE help me!!!

S

ssg1fpi

So my first round is ready to go in to flower but the problem is I only bought one light it's a conversation ballast and I was using that to veg my first round but now I got another round that needs to go in to veg soon and also flower the other ones so I have 1 250watt ballast laying around and I also have a friend how has a 600w MH ballast that he will give me.. My question is is there a big difference when using a 250w compared to a 600w MH for veg my first round looks really good.. Any pros or cons PLEASE help me!!!
You don't know the difference between 250W and 600W?
It's 0.6m^2 vs. 1m^2 light coverage, less heat vs. excess heat, and reg. watering vs. heavy watering.

You can't be seriously asking that question while being a jew.
Jews are smarter than that.

S

ssg1fpi

There is no question, a 600 watt ballast will be better.
No it won't.
More light doesn't equal more yield.
It equals deeper penetration, see charts.
MH Light Distance Chart

Dist

A 250W bulb 9" away from the canopy top provides about as much light as a 400W bulb 12" away from it.
Although, you must keep temps in line no matter what.
Good advice, maintaining low temp. is critical especially in the summer.

S

ssg1fpi

Since when does more light not equal more yield? C'mon man......
Since the laws of physics?
It's a common misconception that more light equals more yield, all noobs think that way.
Take a look at the chart, 250w and 400w get about 11k of light when mimicking natural sun.

BudBogart

BudBogart

No it won't.
View attachment 607901
View attachment 607900
A 250W bulb 9" away from the canopy top provides about as much light as a 400W bulb 12" away from it.

And why do people like deeper penetration? Because the deeper penetration makes the effected buds grow bigger n better.
No it won't.
View attachment 607901
View attachment 607900

And what effect do you suppose deeper penetration will have on the inner buds?

G gnome

G gnome

It's okay if you disagree with me, I can't force you to be right.
Ur gonna fly like a lead balloon around here w that attitude.
I didnt even bother lookin at ur graph. Common sense trumps charts everytime. So by ur logic, 2 600w wont yield more than 1? Or a 1000w wont yield better than a 600w?
Keep in mind ur exact words were "more light does not equal more yield"

Limonene

Limonene

No man. You keep talking about intensity. You're are correct that a smaller light can be just as intense as a higher wattage light at the right distance. We are talking about overall yield or production. There is no way in hell a 250 will produce as much weight as a 600. Point blank.
Are you a troll? Of course a 600w light will yield more. I've grown with both and under a 250w light you will end up with lots of larf, with a 600w light most of that larf will be nice nuggets with reasonable density. If you have a strain that you KNOW yields a Gram per watt then obviously a 600w light should at least double your yield. Your chart sucks ass.

S

ssg1fpi

No man. You keep talking about intensity. You're are correct that a smaller light can be just as intense as a higher wattage light at the right distance. We are talking about overall yield or production. There is no way in hell a 250 will produce as much weight as a 600. Point blank.
In a 2x2 space (4 plants) 250w will out yield 600w, because of the heat stress, it's simple.

THCdurk

THCdurk

Lol this shit too funny but to the person that started this thread get the bigger light don't listen to this guy wit the ancient chart pimp.
To the dude wit the chart....I just think you haven't come across a bigger light then what you got if you only growing wit a 250 bro. Once u upgrade you'll understand where all these VETERANS commin from b they know they shit.

Top Bottom