Plumbers Grow Diary

• Thread starter PlumberSoCal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SinCity

SinCity

Almost walked into a bag Black bear at the San Gaberiel River. It was rummaging through a dumpster and I was taking trash out at twilight. About 20' out he turned and my light caught red eyes. I backed away slowly.

Got chased by a young one maybe 2 yrs old digging in a trashcan. I thought it was tame, people everywhere. Nope.😂

oh wow. yea, i guess when you think about it the black bears nearer to people (as opposed to the brown bears in the wilderness of vancouver island) might start to assert territory..?

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

i'm kinda blown away by it. i think you and i are similar enough in age to understand just how huge and wonderful a revolution has occurred.
Yeah, can't believe it. While I lurked I watched so many helping others. It's like everyone is pulling for everyone else, for the most part. There's a few, there's always a few and all of us from time to time get in bad moods (I know I do) and say stupid shit but the core group here is awesome.

We've seen a few changes I'd say😜

I always thought it would be sold in liquor stores just like cigs. 20 in a pack, 10 pks to a carton. Never imagined the dispensaries I've seen in the past 5-6 years. Get this, most of them have been closed down. Now it's strictly medical, prepackaged, no sticking ones nose into a jar. A change I don't like but I haven't had to visit a dispensary in about 4-5 months.

About damn time we legalized it.

"Legalize it and I will advertise it." ~ Peter Tosh

SinCity

SinCity

Yeah, can't believe it. While I lurked I watched so many helping others. It's like everyone is pulling for everyone else, for the most part. There's a few, there's always a few and all of us from time to time get in bad moods (I know I do) and say stupid shit but the core group here is awesome.

We've seen a few changes I'd say😜

I always thought it would be sold in liquor stores just like cigs. 20 in a pack, 10 pks to a carton. Never imagined the dispensaries I've seen in the past 5-6 years. Get this, most of them have been closed down. Now it's strictly medical, prepackaged, no sticking ones nose into a jar. A change I don't like but I haven't had to visit a dispensary in about 4-5 months.

About damn time we legalized it.

"Legalize it and I will advertise it." ~ Peter Tosh
i'd completely forgotten about that tosh lyric. perfection again.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

If you want good plants, start with quality genetics.
20191026 155137

Check out the upcoming. My fav Blueberry is in the mix. OH MY!

Padrepuff

Padrepuff

Might as well start a diary and post all this stuff in one place.

Chemdog x Brutus OG - F2
Currently the only strain I'm working.

Wants: Northern Lights and Chemdog. Maybe for Christmas.

Growing outside in the clay soil amended with composted chicken straw, leaf litter and horse manure and sand. Also I like to keep a few in 4-5 gallon pots with basic potting soil and manure tea weekly. Holes are dug 18-20" deep, lined with chicken wire and filled with all the above as well as a tablespoon of blood meal and tablespoon of Espoma Garden-tone. I give a monthly tablespoon of the Garden-tone and watering with manure tea. I use clean organic straw for mulch with a layer of horse manure in between. Most straw sold for live stock has herbicides. Don't use it.

That's about it. I've never had my soil tested. People for miles around have the same clay/rock soil and can easily find it, if I were interested. I've grown a lot of veggies in this crap and with the amendments through the years I can pretty much grow what I want.

Questions are always welcome.

Pics:
Six seeds I planted Saturday. Yeah, just soil in peat pots. What did you expect after two days?

Got some disappointing news this morning with my one and only Sativa pheno, he's got balls. Not really the problem, the problem is he's in the garden around several others. I may dig him up and move him or allow the pollen to develop and then cut him down. Haven't decided yet as the others are happy to just get some sun. Rain continues but did have a few hours of sun today.

I really thought with the way this Indica pheno was growing it would turn out to be male but so far so good. Put my hand in the pic to give some idea of size. This and the one above and a couple of others are about 11 weeks.

Awe, my two girls in the greenhouse stretching away 3 weeks in flower. There's a young spider who has a web between the two. If you look real close you'll spot her. Keeping my babies safe. Love all the work they do for me.

Not loving these spiders. I've got both black and brown widows. This one has taken up residence in a propane heater on my patio. Got bit on the leg a few years ago and can still see damaged skin. I'm no worse for wear and it wasn't bad nor even close to life threatening. No doubt a brown widow as they are less toxic.

Holy shit, an adult King Snake. It was basking next to a client's home when I disturbed it repairing a bathtub drain this afternoon. Wasn't happy I wanted to take a closer look. Hissed and snapped and even shook its tail like a rattler. Showed the client and 5 of her 6 kids (little one was napping). While we do live in a large city, well, on the edge and considered county of San Diego there's a lot of open country. Never know what I might run into.

Here's a flower I can't wait to taste.

Got a 8'x 16' greenhouse from my neighbor a few weeks ago. They used it as a storage and yeah, he smokes. It's still sitting in our front yard. Too stoned to get it in place. Maybe this weekend.

Long day and time to relax.

Happy growing.
That's a beautiful snake. Good way to keep unwanted pests out of the garden.

Top Bottom