Pm

• Thread starter Herehelp420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Herehelp420

I'm 41 days into flower and found a few leaves with pm on them. I have a dehumidifier that keeps my humidity at no higher than 50%. The hottest it gets in room with lights on is 78.2f. I removed all the pm I found and defoliated to give the plants more space and airation. I have treated them with milk and water it seemed to work then 3 days later boom i find another leaf . Please help me what can I use in flower to rid this pm?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I'm 41 days into flower and found a few leaves with pm on them. I have a dehumidifier that keeps my humidity at no higher than 50%. The hottest it gets in room with lights on is 78.2f. I removed all the pm I found and defoliated to give the plants more space and airation. I have treated them with milk and water it seemed to work then 3 days later boom i find another leaf . Please help me what can I use in flower to rid this pm?

Nothing. If it was found on the leafs (since it starts on the stems) that means the spores are everywhere now. Not going to sugar coat it for you. It's going to be a battle for the next 6 months+ and tons of cleaning. Clean everything after the grow and every grow there after religiously. Just clean clean clean and then clean. Most anything you spray in flower will effect the flower quality besides plain water which can be a double edged sword if you don't have good air movement or enviro dialed. Start treating veg now or in the next veg run if you don't have a separate veg. The spray you used was just killing what was on the leaf surface not the spores. Why it popped back up. There is a debate if its systemic or not. Not sure what the jury on that is cause ive seen it both ways and evidence to go both ways. Also remember there is more then 1 strain of PM. Some like high humid some like low so that isn't a true treatment and preventative.

Prob the worst thing I ever dealt with in any of my grows over the years. Took a full year to fully get rid of it for me (multi room perpetual) and I can't even count how many times I completely bleached down the entire spot or took apart my fans/ac and cleaned those.

Best suggestion in the future be religious about outside plants/clones and use HEPA filters for any type of outside air if indoors. Never wear shoes or clothes that you wore outside before going into your rooms. I have a pair of new shoes that stay in my grow and never leave exactly for this reason now.

Dan789

Dan789

@Herehelp420 If it’s not in a room of your house, use a sulfur burner, run that inside your tent for four hours (during lights out), turn off any tent exhaust during running the burner. That’s what I’d try next.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Tough, but everyone has/will run into it. Defoliating will just delay the ineveitable, because the buds will have PM inside where you cant cut it out. You'd see it when you grow them out and trim. Like @Dan789 said, sulfur is your best bet right now if you can. Otherwise, its junk, imo

Top Bottom