Pnw Closet Grower 2 4x4' 600 Watt Hid Perpetual Journal

• Thread starter PNW Grower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Robert72181

Robert72181

Made some Heisenberg special bubble hash today and decided to drop a how to for anyone who happens by and might find this info useful.
You will need:
Bubble bags, any set will do really. i use a four bag set 220,120,73 and 25 micron bags and a 25 micron pressing screen.
Ice, i used three bags but expected to use four.
Clean water, 4 gallons. If you wouldn't drink it don't use it.
a bucket
A preferably metal stick to stir and poke with.
a spray bottle
A microplaner or cheese grater. Cheese grater works fine.
A spoon, Works best if it's cold. you can freeze it till you use it. personally i just don't.
Towel and a box to put the hash blobs on to start sucking water out of them
You will also want a bigger box to microplane them onto to fully dry after freezing. Mold can be an issue if you try to dry the full blobs i know this from experience. I don't get that issue with the freeze and microplane method.
First thing is prep. Freeze your gallons of water for about an hour - hour and a half and freeze the buds and/or trim( i used both 50/50 this time, regreting mixing it.) You want every thing cold. i don't bother trying to cool the room i just keep extra ice on hand to keep the water cold.
View attachment 636463
Put the bubble bags in the bucket smallest number first biggest number last. The bag with the biggest number 220 on mine is your work bag it's only for holding the material and ice, the other three are the filter catch bags.
View attachment 636468 View attachment 636469
Yes btw this is so clean i do it in my two empty hydro buckets. I clean them with some bleach afterwards and they're like new. Make a layer of ice then spread out a layer of buds/trim across it and then stack more ice, buds, ice, buds until the ice is at the level you want it.
View attachment 636465 View attachment 636464 View attachment 636466
Now add that ice cold water untill it's just about at the top of the ice. You make it almost frozen so it doesn't melt all the ice when you pour it in.
View attachment 636467
Now you wait, about 5 or ten minutes and let it get really cold then start poking and stiring away. The amount of time your stir depends on how much you want per pull. I prefer to stir for 15 mins on the first pull ten on the second and 5 on the third. 5 for any thereafter if there is. After 15 minutes of stiring stop and it needs to sit for 15-20 minutes. I bang on the side of the bucket to help trichomes sink to the bottom of the bucket. after the wait time has past pull the work bag out let it drain into the filter bags and set it in another container, you still need it.View attachment 636470
Now you need your spoon a towel and a spray bottle. When you pull the first one it drains easy, on the second and thirs it slows because the mesh is so tight. it's the trichomes plugging them give it a quick light shake and lift the trichomes and you can get the water out a lot faster. i roll the bags up and use the spray bottle to spray the hash together at the bottom of the bag then just spoon it out onto the pressing screen on the towel to dry. the towel sucks the water out faster, makes a big difference.
120 micronView attachment 636471 View attachment 636472
73 micron (my favorite)View attachment 636475
25 micron. View attachment 636474
I push them into little piles to make it easier to microplane them. Beach sand, this is what it should look like. I got a lot of plant matter in the second and third run. I think it was because i had so much trim in there. View attachment 636473
Now rinse your bags quickly with cold water and get them back in a bucket, put the work bag back in. Fill it up with a little fresh ice and pour the water back in from the first bucket. Repeat all the steps from the beginning. You can see how you get more and more plant matter each pull. some people go 7 pulls. the green stuff is still pretty good in their defense.
I did three runs. no idea how much it is but it's a lot and i probably will never weigh it because i have no intention of selling any of this. It's mine! Well, a few happy friends there will be too.
When your done put them all on cardboard and get them into the freezer for about 90 minutes. and freeze the grater too it helps keep the hash from sticking too bad. Grate the has balls onto the big sheet of cardboard and dry it for at least a couple hours, make sure it's dry before you package it. depending on your humidity it can dry in a couple hours or over night. then if you have them package them up in some silicone containers with as little air in the m as possible. just about any container will do but it sticks pretty good to some i'd recommend silicone or glass. This was 15, 10 and 5 minute stirs. Got most of the good stuff first pull.
View attachment 636476
Good job man very detailed

Pahly

Pahly

Nice tutorial PNWgrower. Is the purpose of the cheese grater to crumble the hash so it can dry more quickly and evenly?

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

Yeah, it's hard to not let it mold if you don't microplane it. The first batch i did i tried to just dry the piles and i ended up losing half of it to mold.

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

Pulled the soil plants today a little early because i need the room. The romulan was about done but the lemon kush headband a little early. i got pics but between all the work harvesting and the sheer amount of heisenberg hash i smoked today i'm just to damn tired to post pics. =) I'll try to get some up tomorrow. Skywalkers are in week 3 food now and loving it. I'll get pics tomorrow. Sorry i've pretty much over done it on the journals and comparatives and i'm having trouble keeping up with all of them.

Pahly

Pahly

Yeah harvest is always a super busy time, get to em when ya can. 8-) Lol I tried doing a single journal and that was too much never mind all that you have going on.

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

Sorry it's been a while. I have too many journals and stuff too post lol. So much happened. The reveg clones i thought were bug free weren't i didn't want to risk the comparative plant so i pulled the clones and my cantaloupe even though i probably could have dealt with the bugs. The harvest was fairly small for me at least in the soil. I did pull the lemon kush headband a week or two early to clear room for the reveg clones i no longer need the room for lol. ok so here's some pics.
Soil plants drying, The back 1 and 3/4 lines is romulan-k the rest is the LKH.
5fPSL3t

Had to prep with a bowl of this awesome heisenberg bubble hash i made omg it's tasty!
VYj5CUL
Romulan-k
ESk8Qzk
Lemon Kush Headband
99Vr8Eq

The victory keef. Yoda used to be green but the more we smoke through him the more he turns to the dark side.
Q7zNlzx
K3Z5yt6
JLmu6Yw

So this is what the garden is down to, two Skywalker autos from mephisto genetics on day 21 today and also going into dwc buckets will be a newly planted pineapple chunk from barneys farm and a medusa from nirvana.
0UPB4NZ
DrXKTw8
UHB8M1w
WZV8ht7
WIixAwn
XCd7i1T

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

I don't know the total weight for the last run yet because the soil stuffs not quite ready to weigh but i got from four plants in two little boxes 12 half gallon jars and a half full storage bag(ran out of jars) of bud and a gallon of trim. I'll have a total 4 plant weight soon. I plan to make myself an ounce of hash and keep a couple jars and the rest is getting gifted out mostly to patients who have actual need for it.

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

Total weight from the four plants was 1 lb 13 oz. dried and trimmed. I'm not thinking the lemon kush headband is going to be great though so 5 ounces of that is probably only just ok buds. The romulan-k is tasty and already a few days into the cure surprisingly potent as my soil plants usually aren't very potent compared to my dwc plants. Both of the soil plants got seeded by the invisible hermie. I don't even know witch plant it was because i still haven't found a single ball.

Pahly

Pahly

That is good pull. Kind of you to share with those that have legit medical needs. Do any of the seeds look viable. What part of the bud were they located in? Maybe there was some stray pollen from an earlier crop? Romulan is an older strain if I remember corretly what was it crossed with to get the "k"?

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

The romulan-k is a romulan and critical kush cross. Man it smells and tastes good! Even after harvest i still haven't found any balls just seeds, they're concentrated in certain buds, maybe 25-30% have no seeds the rest seem to all have at least one. I've pulled about ten viable seeds out while harvesting and the couple buds i smoked. The high is solid, one of the best soil plants i've grown, turns out though it's the last. All hydro from now on except a few veggies and flowers i might fill the tent with and i'm never gonna put a clone in there again unless i cut it myself. It's possible from the last crop but i cleaned the crap out of that box with bleach in between grows and had the fan at full blast cycling air so i'm not thinking i'd get this level of pollination from stray pollen. Thinking the balls are tucked inside the buds and just didn't get the chance to pop open vbut open just far enough to pollinate the surrounding bud. Just a guess cause honestly i haven't found anything male at all haven't even seen a banana or anything. Found a few seeds in the lemon too but it had a week or two left and all the seeds from it thus far have popped when you squeeze them.

Robert72181

Robert72181

IMG 3318
Heisenberg turned out great View attachment 638638
The romulan-k is a romulan and critical kush cross. Man it smells and tastes good! Even after harvest i still haven't found any balls just seeds, they're concentrated in certain buds, maybe 25-30% have no seeds the rest seem to all have at least one. I've pulled about ten viable seeds out while harvesting and the couple buds i smoked. The high is solid, one of the best soil plants i've grown, turns out though it's the last. All hydro from now on except a few veggies and flowers i might fill the tent with and i'm never gonna put a clone in there again unless i cut it myself. It's possible from the last crop but i cleaned the crap out of that box with bleach in between grows and had the fan at full blast cycling air so i'm not thinking i'd get this level of pollination from stray pollen. Thinking the balls are tucked inside the buds and just didn't get the chance to pop open vbut open just far enough to pollinate the surrounding bud. Just a guess cause honestly i haven't found anything male at all haven't even seen a banana or anything. Found a few seeds in the lemon too but it had a week or two left and all the seeds from it thus far have popped when you squeeze them.

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

Day 26 for the skywalkers, not even counting days on the other plants until i start them flowering. I got my hydro system setup in the soil box and it's now a hydro box =). I'm really hopeful about this next crop, my last one came close to two pound from four plants. The romulan-k as the best tasting and smelling by far. The heisenberg is the most potent but not by too far. I have a pineapple chunk left in the box and a medusa from nirvana right.
WIixAwn
JQ8FKbN
HH5Xujx
RaGeFkW
SFS3RUj
YyvEuqv
UJhxFkk
P5FtdlY
AI08k7U

Pahly

Pahly

Hey PNWgrower, Ah the first buds beginning to form, happy times. lol, remind me what the veggy plant is that has the flowers on it.

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

Those two are skywalker autos from mephisto. I had one seed left but that last seed got crushed in the seed bag so far, gave the other two to someone else so they could participate in the comparative grow so i'm really hoping these two kick ass.

PNW Grower

PNW Grower

Day 31 for the Autos. Still not much to talk about everything's just growing like crazy now. Still feeding it pretty close to full doses of food and adatives at a 3 gallons of nutes to 3.5 gallons of water.
DSC 0046
DSC 0048
DSC 0049
DSC 0051
DSC 0052
DSC 0057
DSC 0054
DSC 0056

Top Bottom