PNW - First Grow (Outdoor, Wedding Cake)

• Thread starter Jahredi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jahredi

Jahredi

The Backstory:
I came across eight Wedding Cake seeds from a quarter ounce I purchased at a legal rec store here in WA. I have a medical mj card, so I figured I'd plant them and see what happened. I'm hitting the home stretch right now and learning a lot. I'm going to start posting retroactively with hopes of catching up in time to share the final few weeks in real time.

So, let's get started...

I germinated all eight seeds in mid May. Of those eight seeds, five sprouted. I planted them in late May in organic store bought soil with organic miracle grow pellets (two things I'll never use again). Seedlings emerged, everything was dandy, they were growing great––and then I went on vacation for five days.

When I came home, four of the five seedlings had been pulled out of the pots (crows or squirrels) and were laying dry and sad in the grass next to the pots. One was beyond saving, but I replanted the other three on May 31, 2019.

These pics are from June 2, 2019. The one that did not get yanked out is obviously the biggest, healthiest looking plant.
Pnw   first grow outdoor wedding cake
Pnw   first grow outdoor wedding cake 2
Pnw   first grow outdoor wedding cake 3

Anyway, there's a first post. Let's see if I can keep it up and share my journey of underwatering and overwatering, using crap potting soil, an emergency flushing of Miracle Grow in a panic that put the plants in toxic nutrient shock, experimenting with light deprivation to try and beat the cold, wet PNW winter, an end-of-the-world worm-battle straight out of GoT, and the eventual buildout of a small, DIY, climate-controlled hoop-style greenhouse that has led to a relatively peaceful easy feeling and enjoyable fall gardening experience!

Overall, my takeaway on PNW outdoor is this:
Flowering outdoor in the PNW is GNARL af.
The two things that matters most in the entire grow are pest control and mold control. Have a plan and start early. The ENTIRE grow is about preparing for those battle.

To be continued...

Jahredi

Jahredi

One Week Later

This was one week after replanting the seedling that were pulled out by some rogue animal. I know I refer to them as guys here, but going down the line, we have She-Ra, Lil Hope, Doris and Simone.

Jahredi

Jahredi

Speeding Through July

Transplant #1 on July, 09 2019
I used a lot of stuff that has been laying around for this grow, hence the random pots.
Grow_190709-2.jpg
Grow_190709-6.jpg
Grow_190709-7.jpg

One random photo from later that month on July 22, 2019
IMG_1104.jpg

Next post will be about that time when I built a ramshackle light dep box and things started to get interesting...

Jahredi

Jahredi

First Signs of Flower, Flushing Miracle Grow, and Starting Light Dep

Here's the girls on August 3, 2019. All beginning to show signs of flowering. They look a little sad from doing an emergency flush right after transplanting. I got an off-the-charts N reading and panicked. But as I've come to find out, vegging is a no-brainier. I understand that there is a lot you can do to alleviate stress and promote more efficient growth, but it's pretty hard to really f anything up...at least in soil, outdoors, with this Wedding Cake strain. Believe me, I put these plants through the wringer––more than once. lol.
IMG 1165
IMG 1205

Started light deprivation on the runts, Doris and Lil Hope. Here's the little thing I made.
58664844319  EF385F13 BA86 4258 9E98 642941FF0E23
58664850676  226E1770 5969 40A0 B8C6 F674361A427B

Nothing fancy. It's all just an experiment for me. I can tell you this worked like a charm, 100%

Latest posts

Top Bottom