Pointy leaves, (praying) good or bad?

• Thread starter Zerberus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zerberus

Zerberus

So before i asked this question here i spent a good hour looking through other websites and posts about these pointy leaves and i feel like i went down a rabbit hole.

There's too much contradicting information online, some say it's good and the plant is happy, and others say it's because light is too strong and might be stressed. Can you please elaborate on mine, would like some peace of mind.

So far all it has is just regular water, nothing fancy, 2 days ago i began to give her 4-6 hours of sunlight depending on the intensity that day... Today i only gave her 4 because the sun is very intense today, no clouds... She got sun from 10am-2pm and look how her leaves are now.

Pointy leaves praying good or bad

I just moved her now under her artificial light. She got like that while getting direct sunlight.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Pointing leaves usually means it’s reaching for light trying to get more . Not always but is the most common - next most common is magnesium toxicity

You don’t have either of those problems with a seedling that small

Zerberus

Zerberus

Pointing leaves usually means it’s reaching for light trying to get more . Not always but is the most common - next most common is magnesium toxicity

You don’t have either of those problems with a seedling that small
So do you think i should give her more sunlight? 2 more hours for a full 6?

Zerberus

Zerberus

That seedling should be getting 18 hours of sunlight ! Anything less than 12 she will flower right away
Yeah she's on a 16/8 schedule, most of the time under a 6500k florescent light, 2 inches away. I'm just giving her 4 of those 16 hours in the actual sunlight...

Moshmen

Moshmen

Yeah she's on a 16/8 schedule, most of the time under a 6500k florescent light, 2 inches away. I'm just giving her 4 of those 16 hours in the actual sunlight...
If ya don’t have another light then yes I would leave it outside a longer , that floro light may not be brute but I’d still move it up another 1or 2 inches she’s still pretty young

Top Bottom