POLL: Anyone else play music for your plants? if so what do you play for them?

• Thread starter ReelBusy1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Music helps plants grow.

• True

Votes: 33 67.3%
  • False

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
R

ReelBusy1

I have music playing in the grow room.
Mostly classical.
I like it too while I work on clones or feeding etc.

I've read that plants love it.
I hope mine appreciate the music....
:)

What do you do?
:420:

P

Papa_kush

Im not sure if i believe that but theres pretty much always music going in my room. Either reggae or bay area rap funk. At least makes me happy when waterin/whatnot =]

Z

zoeronerer

i play 80's dub they love it............i read birdsong in the first and last few hours of the day, certain frequency help them on a cellular level.

F

freemangenetics

mmmmmmmmmnice!

a little jazzz ,not too heavy!:smiley_joint:miles davis

F

FastForward

Everything from Floyd to Pendulum, and everything in-between.

It makes ME grow better, not the plants :)

S

StonedOwl

Yeah, not sure if I belive it either. I think this comes from the idea that talking/singing to your plants is good for them, which it is. When you talk/sing to plants you expel carbon dioxied which the plants like, and if you are spending time talking/singing to your plants you end up being around them more. So you pay more attention to them, thusly resulting in better health. There is almost always metal being played in my grow area, but its for the people, not plants.

The MythBusters tackled this one, it was found plausible, but inconclusive.

S

snowkitty

StonedOwl, hadn't even thought of the physical characteristics of the breath coming out of the mouth. My plants liked Dire Straights for a long time but now they've been jamming to one Kottonmouth Kings song on repeat.

bodhi seeds

bodhi seeds

shiva bhajans, ayahuasca icaros, and sonic bloom....
protects the space, infuses the plants positive vibrations, creates a demensional pathway for the plant spirits to interact in the space, and opens the stomatas for foliar feeding....

K

koopa troopa

i like to play bumpin rap music. any beat that bumbs hard is sure to stimulate the roots.

L

Lucy Diamond

My flowering plants listen to a classical/jazz radio station all day.

Everything is vibration....everything.Plants "hear" vibration and can sense whether that vibration is positive or not.Highly recommend "The Intention Experiment" for further reading.

K

koopa troopa

yeah, but that experiment is also somewhat skewed. plants rely heavy on chemicals for senses as well as pretty much every living thing. vibration is vibration. i'm not sure if highs or lows would be better but just imagine putting a 12'' alpine sub in the lab. i think drum & bass music would take the cake.

J

joebean91

Everything is vibration....everything.Plants "hear" vibration and can sense whether that vibration is positive or not.Highly recommend "The Intention Experiment" for further reading.

and " The Secret Life of Plants "

R

ReelBusy1

and " The Secret Life of Plants "

and you can watch the documentary The Secret Life of Plants from 1979 based on the book with a soundtrack by Stevie Wonder here at the Farm right now....

[GVIDEO]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4753736638977368381[/GVIDEO]
It is the entire 95 minute film.
Enjoy!
:420:

S

Sirius

I believe it! Just think how strong sound waves are! They travel through everything... I also believe plants respond to positive/negative energy.. like all living things... but sound waves are extremely powerful...

on that note... if i had to listen to the Eagles all day I would wilt and die.

I

indodoja

i read a post years ago, by a guy claiming to have done a purely scientific grow study on his plants and their reactions to different types of music. he claims that they responded better to death metal, than to any other type of music. ...i wish i had a link to that post.
i play lots of death, in flames, vader, relapse compilations ..as well as nofx, the distlers, misfits, d.i.....lately though, my girls have been listening to a lot of trip hop. i hope they like the bass.

S

Sirius

i read a post years ago, by a guy claiming to have done a purely scientific grow study on his plants and their reactions to different types of music. he claims that they responded better to death metal, than to any other type of music. ...i wish i had a link to that post.
i play lots of death, in flames, vader, relapse compilations ..as well as nofx, the distlers, misfits, d.i.....lately though, my girls have been listening to a lot of trip hop. i hope they like the bass.

i read the same grow study but I dont think it was death metal... it was a combination of Nirvana's "Bleach" and Lou Reed's "Coney Island Baby"

i like in flames tho
headbanging2.gif

I

indodoja

ha, ha. i think that there might be a couple of studies out there.

LordDankinstien

LordDankinstien

my classmate and I did some test back in botany awhile the only conclusion we came to was the plants reacted to sound... but they bassically did the grew the same as plants without music.

D

DevilsAmongUs

anything and everything is played for plants. Does it help them grow? I have no idea, but there's nothing more chill then sitting down by the plants and listening to some tunes

Top Bottom