Popping 20 year old seeds, acopulco gold from the 1990's, G13 and more..

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
This has been a really shitty day for me, but this was a pleasant surprise, they all popped. Every single bean, it looks like. Couldn't be happier.

The PIN is Pineapple I believe, I think the LHA might be Lemon Haze Auto? The G13 is from 2010, and TAN from 2002 should be Tangirine Kush. But I am floored that the Acopulco Gold seed popped for me. Also, my last zkittles seed. Going to try and breed most of these to themselves, if I can arrange it.

File_007(4).jpeg
File_000(54).jpeg

Popping 20 year old seeds acopulco gold from the 1990s g13 and more
Popping 20 year old seeds acopulco gold from the 1990s g13 and more 3
Popping 20 year old seeds acopulco gold from the 1990s g13 and more 4
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Looks fun! What breeder's G13?
Don't know for sure, it was someone here on the forums that sent this too me, but I forget, actually. My memory isn't good and when they sent it, and never really spoke or took credit, since. But it looks like it came from a very well organized breeding program, all with uniform coding on the packages, and tracking info, so I am hopeful.

Plus, virtually every single seed popped, even from 20+ plus years back, so that speaks volumes in my eyes.
But some of the genetics looks weak, so we will see. I don't see any leaf sets yet, just baby leaves, and from what I read, that's a universal issue with old seeds, getting to that first set of actual leaves...

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
3 more that I overlooked that are part of this batch.

Bruce Banner from 2001
CBF from 2005
AK47 from 2007

I think I'm going to try and replicate every single strain to itself, then the progeny can be pheno hunted for the variances, it's locked in there somewhere, probably just needs to be teased out. These are obviously from someone who was doing all the proper things. did I say the all p0pped?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
The CBF looks extremely interesting to me, actually.

It's a medical strain, so should be good for us.
The pinene and myrcene work together to create a calm, sleepy and happy feeling of ease and tranquility.
☺️
😴
It has a sweet, woody scent like bathing in a pine forest that is uplifting and relaxing. This strain may be great for helping with chronic pain, muscle spasms, insomnia, stress, and loss of appetite. Hand trimmed and locally grown.
💯

Top Bottom