Pops, pops and more pops.... Frankster's popping thread.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Here's what I've started with... put about 3-5 seeds in each cup. Mostly 2 predominate strain types, one auto, one photo, although the photo has a few different crosses, (everything cataloged) but mostly pure GG#4 that are marked on each container. The autos are Early Miss Auto Haze x Frankenstein OG Kush Auto.

Pops pops and more pops  franksters popping thread
Pops pops and more pops  franksters popping thread 2
Pops pops and more pops  franksters popping thread 3
Pops pops and more pops  franksters popping thread 4
Pops pops and more pops  franksters popping thread 5
Pops pops and more pops  franksters popping thread 6
Pops pops and more pops  franksters popping thread 7
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Cleaning off the shell particles, and separating the ones that need more incubation from the ones ready to stick up their wings and fly. The bottom 3 photo's are all under the light at this point. Virtually every seed popped, out of like 250 seeds, maybe half dozen, so I buried them, maybe some of them will hatch under the lights, I've seen it happen.

File 0047
File 00122
File 0038
File 00216
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This is what remains, although virtually all of them have popped, as I said. Most of these need more time to expand the shells more, there not quite ready yet.

File 00035
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Alright, pop's starting today.... Some really old and interesting stuff, actually.

Re potted the Thai seedlings into fresh new dirt, 2 of them.
Acopulco gold x1 (cross fingers) supposedly from the 1990's
BAN-fap4 from 2001 x2 or 3
Zkittles x1
TAN-fap8 from 2002
CBK-fap3 from 2005
CBF-fap4 (Chemdog D?) from 2005
AK47 fap3 from 2007
LHA fap3 from 2007
G-13 fap4 from 2010
PIN fap8 from 2010

Most all of these were x2 or x3 except for the Acopulco gold and the Zkittles. Should be interesting if I can further identify exactly what I've got here.

I've also got a few beans over at a friends house that are supposedly some various genetics from Europe, including some Dutch Treat, so I want to get that going also, get everything in play. I've got the mystery beans we've been saving from the dispensaries also, so those are probably next.

File 00124
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Here we go, starting to look like a garden.

File 00126
File 008
File 0102
File 00410
File 0112
File 00310
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I deconstructed a few just to check how well they were spawning, and I see nice fungal growth on many of them at the root level, some others were too moist, I believe, so I'm going to back off the moisture a bit, for the time being, I was noticing some leaf drop, but they are back up now.

I transplanted some of the tiny cups into bigger containers because they were getting too much moisture, but I'm going to give the little guys another try in a few days. Otherwise, I'll just do them in cups, which is actually fine.

Certainly plan on doing a few cup challenges out of this batch. Maybe a few Gorilla Glues photoperiods even... some of the others will get transferred outside.

The other big red container with about 100 Miss Auto x Frankenstein Auto starts went up to the Res, in Injun territory, for some Lummi friends.

IMG 08571
Last edited:
Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
You always start your seeds like that?
gunna have to disturb the poor girls.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
You always start your seeds like that?
gunna have to disturb the poor girls.
The first 100 went north of me to some friends, I want at least a few plants for this spring up in the mountains, I think they should do fine, after all it's a rain forest up there. If there spawned good, they should be fine to mid June or so.

I did a few autos early last year, and although they stretched quite a bit, they looked fine. They were simply malnourished and underfed, because they were in 1 quart bags. This time I've got 7 gal containers.

Top Bottom