Possible Cal mag deficiency?

• Thread starter Vert
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vert

Possible Cal mag deficiency?I appreciate any advice I can get this is my first girl everything seem to be going well until now. Still trying to break down what my leaves are telling me. Thanks again

Possible cal mag deficiency
V

Vert

I’m feeding with advanced nutrients- grow, bloom, micro, b-52, and voodoo all at half of what is suggested. Medium is a coco compost mix. Using r/o 6.5 ph

V

Vert

I think I found my problem. But... what are they and how to get rid of them. I’m growing in a tent. I’ve sprayed my plants down twice with Neem oil 2 tablespoons per gallon. Thanks!

3873E2A9 DD58 433B A693 4C7033411034
Kepp89

Kepp89

try getting a more clear image and reverse image search. idk how to reverse image search except googling reverse image search.

or google the common cannabis pests. i'm yet to see any so far so just a blurry photo wouldnt help me to help you. thats just a random bug to me. it looks like a fat baby praying mantis or something but again idk

and with r/o water, yes, you'd need calmag i believe but idk how much. r/o removes mostly everything but if you use tap water, it has trace elements in high enough amounts to keep the plants happy usually. or so i hear.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Bro, it's an aphid type bug. They are a nuisance in my father's basement non cannabis garden. I notice they usually hitch a ride on the plant in the fall and then procreate during the winter in the basement and next thing you know there is honey dew that they secrete on all of the leaves and casings from them molting. The best method is to cut that growth off and throw it in a garbage bag or very far away. If you have one or two, just do a light neem oil spray and manually remove them.

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

Did any of the dirt come from outside or anything? In my opinion based on experience with these bugs, it's hard for an aphid to make an appearance without being first introduced to the area.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I think I found my problem. But... what are they and how to get rid of them. I’m growing in a tent. I’ve sprayed my plants down twice with Neem oil 2 tablespoons per gallon. Thanks!
I agree it looks like an aphid; but I suspect the leaf damage is a magnesium issue ?

V

Vert

I agree it looks like an aphid; but I suspect the leaf damage is a magnesium issue ?
[/QUOTE. Beachwalker I agree I’ve added cal mag to the feed and now treating the aphid with Humboldts flower shield. So now only wait and see.

68577F78 E120 419B A9B8 42CC5094AC4C
V

Vert

Bro, it's an aphid type bug. They are a nuisance in my father's basement non cannabis garden. I notice they usually hitch a ride on the plant in the fall and then procreate during the winter in the basement and next thing you know there is honey dew that they secrete on all of the leaves and casings from them molting. The best method is to cut that growth off and throw it in a garbage bag or very far away. If you have one or two, just do a light neem oil spray and manually remove them.
Thanks for the info! I e done what you have suggested got rid of the damaged growth I’ve also added diatomaceous earth to the top of the media to help deter them from hiding out

V

Vert

Did any of the dirt come from outside or anything? In my opinion based on experience with these bugs, it's hard for an aphid to make an appearance without being first introduced to the area.
No all packaged pro-mix. Hard to tell how they got in but when I noticed one and looked around I found a few, if there’s a few there’s more than likely a lot more I didn’t see. Since treating started I’ve seen only one hope it’s working and they’re just not hiding

Cannabizz

Cannabizz

That's weird, maybe the eggs were in something or the adults found their way into the garden some how. It's not the biggest deal if they haven't started a colony. Just have to figure out how they enter to prevent them from coming in again. Nice setup and plants by the way!!! :)

Check some undersides of the leaves to see if they are hiding from the pesticides or the bright lights.

In terms of the deficiency, could be from pH fluctuations or one of the nutrient deficiencies. I would try and give some all purpose fertilizer that has all of the nutrients in it to see if that helps. Maybe boron.

The tent's Humidity; soil pH and moisture levels would be helpful in determination as well.

Could also be from light burn if the light source is too close to the leaves. Or root issues which could look like almost any condition.

Last edited:
V

Vert

That's weird, maybe the eggs were in something or the adults found their way into the garden some how. It's not the biggest deal if they haven't started a colony. Just have to figure out how they enter to prevent them from coming in again. Nice setup and plants by the way!!! :)

Check some undersides of the leaves to see if they are hiding from the pesticides or the bright lights.

In terms of the deficiency, could be from pH fluctuations or one of the nutrient deficiencies. I would try and give some all purpose fertilizer that has all of the nutrients in it to see if that helps. Maybe boron.

The tent's Humidity; soil pH and moisture levels would be helpful in determination as well.

Could also be from light burn if the light source is too close to the leaves. Or root issues which could look like almost any condition.
Thanks for the input I am absorbing all suggestions and tips

V

Vert

Insecticide, will kill em all. :)

btw I think that light is too far away
It’s a 2000w led the manufacturer suggests 24-36” away seems kind of far i thought but didn’t want to burn them. I will try to work it down over the next few days and see what happens. Thanks!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s a 2000w led the manufacturer suggests 24-36” away seems kind of far i thought but didn’t want to burn them. I will try to work it down over the next few days and see what happens. Thanks!
Ummm 2000w blurple? what light is that exactly? Going to go out on a limb and say its probably 300-450 actual watts.

Last edited:
V

Vert

Ummm 2000w blurple? what light is that exactly? Going to go out on a limb and say its probably 300-450 actual watts.
It’s hygrow brand. Should I go back to the 1000w metal halide I was trying to save some $$ on my electric bill

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It’s hygrow brand. Should I go back to the 1000w metal halide I was trying to save some $$ on my electric bill
Yeah its 400w your MH will probably serve you better in my opinion. You would pay quite a bit more than $200 for a comparable LED. I'm not saying it won't grow but as was suggested you prob need to move it closer.

mancorn

mancorn

Normally aphid damage will disform the leaf (giving a bubbling appearance). Unless you have a ton of them they're only a problem with VERY young plants. They won't cause the discoloration in the OP.

Plant on left has some aphid damage causing the leaf to curl up. (No big deal.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom