Possible hermies?

• Thread starter Nutshell
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Nutshell

I'm 3 weeks into flowering and buds are just starting to appear. Went snoopin around checking out all the nice hairs and crystals when I came across possible seed growth on one of the AKs. Which stuns me because all of the AKs were clones from a very strong mother plant. I searched all the plants in the garden and this is the only one with em. 2 spots are located on the main stem in the middle of the plant, the other is located on a side stem, first node. Havent had this happen to me before so I don't know what to do; any suggestions? :help:

http://www.invalid.com/uploads/bef3a1d166.jpg

http://www.invalid.com/uploads/0235889a62.jpg

J

jdubz206

yep those definitely look like male flowers...pluck em off before they start to release pollen...keep an eye on that plant though because they may come back...if they keep coming back, you're probably going to want to get rid of that particular plant. hope this helps. j

C

cali2

I had a hermie problem a minute ago but no seeds. I was running ssdh, I call it super sour diesel and strawberry cough, hella nanners no seeds? did alot of pinchin but no seeds. I did cut alot of plants that had actual pods though. I had a whole run invested so I let it ride and it worked out good for me. Watch them bitchs close and pull um if they go all balls.

S

SmokeMan

Clip them off right away! If you have tops on the branches and they are all female then keep the plant going but be on the look out for any male flowers. Clip as soon as you see them . Snip down to the beginning growth of the male part.

If it keeps herming then its hermie prone plant you will need to kill it.

Do you have any light leaks do you think?

I suspect something caused the hermie growth..

N

Nutshell

I will gently clip the pods off and watch it carefully for the remainder of the grow. In response to Smokeman; my room is completely sealed, no light leaks whatsoever. However regarding light, I did set up a new light system within the last week. I was using a cheap 400watt hps mag. ballast, am now running a 600watt hortiflux hps digital ballast. Never had any disturbances to the light cycle. Day time temps 75-78f night time 69-72f humidity is average 35% for day/night.

J

Jalisco Kid

There is a product from DM called Reversal that is supposed to help with this. I know nothing about it whether it is snake oil or really works. JK

Top Bottom