Possible hop virus. Not sure

• Thread starter Buttercup726
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buttercup726

Buttercup726

So I picked up 23 plants from a breeder. Ask them numerous questions in regards to ipm and viroid testing. They reassured me all is well and they are thorough.

7 pure Michigans look suspect of the hop virus. I topped them today with a separate pair of scissors and have them in a corner of the room.

All seven are showcasing the outward branch growth. When doing a pressure test no breaking of the branch. They are relatively young.

Thoughts. Hereā€™s a pic

Possible hop virus not sure
I

IamN2pot

I wish I could tell you if that clone was infected, but I'm no expert. I do know one or two though... šŸ˜Š .
Hope these links help.
Robert Clarke says - https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.c...ns-the-threat-of-viral-cannabis-diseases-cds/
and that artical is linked to from an artical on the subject that Todd McCormick put together here - https://agseedco.com/blogs/news/what-can-the-hop-latent-viroid-teach-us

I did notice that Robert mentioned out growing the virus,

Can I get rid of CDS?

Once CDS is suspected and/or confirmed in a crop there are several possible solutions for its control.

1. Outgrow it.

Viral and fungal infections translocate through the vascular system of the plant and may be left behind in older tissues as plants develop, so it may be possible to simply outgrow the problem. ....

Hope that helps.
N2

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Some of the branches do seem to be growing straight out of the stalk. Some of the leaves look suspect, overlapping fingers are a sign of a dud sometimes. How about a picture from the top?

Buttercup726

Buttercup726

Some of the branches do seem to be growing straight out of the stalk. Some of the leaves look suspect, overlapping fingers are a sign of a dud sometimes. How about a picture from the top?
I will tomorrow but yea. I think I might need to toss them. I used separate scissors for them and every other strain is not showcasing any symptoms.

As long as I didnā€™t use the same tools, will the other plants be ok.

They have touched each other not sure if it can transmit that way

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

Sounds like you are doing the right thing, quarantine and separate scissors. I can't tell you to toss them or not, use your instincts. I'd personally give 'em a week and see.

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
tough call... it looks as if the bottom 2 branches got tight down (?)
anyway better safe than sorry a little plant is swiftly regrown

Latest posts

Top Bottom