Possible Magnesium Def? Pictures

• Thread starter .MonsterRobot.
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

.MonsterRobot.

I am growing in Hydroton in an Ebb and Gro system. Using Humboldt Oneness nutrients with a little bit of Hygrozyme and I have added about 2 ml/gal of MagiCal that came with the system. Using RO water but I am also using the wastewater from the RO filter because it is filtered with a sediment filter and a charcoal filter too and it fills the res faster that way.

Recently I have noticed my larger plants (Purple God Bud) have been having a few problems with some of the larger fan leafs.

After doing some research I think that it is Magnesium def and I will add a Magnesium supplement but I just wanted a second opinion first so that I don't burn them or lock out another nutrient or something along those lines.

Could this be a possible Mag lockout due to too much of another nutrient? I am not using full strength nutes yet because I just added some new clones to the system and I am trying to let them establish strong roots before heavy feeding...

Thanks,
MonsterRobot

Problem 007jpg
Problem 010jpg
Problem 011jpg
Possible magnesium def pictures 4
Possible magnesium def pictures 5
Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Don't use the R/O waste water!!! You would be better off using straight tap water. If you are using R/O water use R/O by its self, not with waste water. You stated it fills faster that way. Your R/O membraine might be at its end. FYI. R/O systems should be fed with softened water NOT hard tap water. Hard water calcifies the membraine. If your R/O tank doesn't hold enough (most come with 1.7 gal. tank) you can just add another or more tanks to your hearts content just cut in a "Tee" add the tank/s presto you now have 4 or 6 or10 gals. of R/O water on tap. That waste water has a tremenously high TDS count. Peace

O

oldtimer60

I use RO but not the waste water, after the filter is done it is about 95% clean. That means there is no mineral ions left. Just add cal-mag with the bottle directions and you will be golden

M

.MonsterRobot.

Thanks

I just got a float valve and 50 gal trashcan that I will just fill when I am not around and it will be topped off whenever I use any of it... Hopefully that helps out with my problem... I am pretty sure that Calcium was locking out my Magnesium and I bet this will fix it...

Thanks for the responses,
MonsterRobot

I

InvisibleM

How does the newer growth look? Old leaves can die from stress, no big deal.

M

.MonsterRobot.

new growth is looking alright... I had a problem with one of my pumps getting air locked so it was flooded and feeding the plants for somewhere around 6 hours or so... that kind of burned some of the new tips but so far I don't think it caused too much damage other than over watering because I have low strength nutes

Top Bottom