Possible nematode issue ??

• Thread starter Luckydux
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Luckydux

Luckydux

Hello! I know pictures speak volumes but I'm not able to zoom close enough for it to matter. I'm throwing a hail Mary anyhow by hoping someone might be able to steer me towards something helpful with the info I have. It's week one of flower, the girls look great, and of course I'd like to keep it that way. I need to get a sample of the wormy things to someone in the know but that takes time. Something I don't have much of. So here I am! I presume they're a type of nematode but not sure if they're parisitic or beneficial. I ordered beneficials earlier. It would be time wasted getting clarification if they turn out to be the bad guys and adding good guys can only help. This is my first grow on a somewhat comm scale so I should probably be taking more preventative actions anyhow.

Here's some details on the grow.
I was moving girls around yesterday and noticed tiny worms wiggling around in the light film of water that is under the pots. I have some gnats so assumed it was their larvae and kept doing my thing. But then I remembered that I know what their larvae look like and that ain't them!
The pots sit on raised drain beds covered in black liner, which is the only reason i was able to see them. It was their wiggling that gave them away but the black made them possible to see because they appear whitish/translucent. The dirt is a mixture of foxfarms OF and HF with a bit of coir from black gold. I add a few amendments when potting but nothing I'd think would have nematodes. I feed mostly teas and I'm not sure if that could be a culprit. Possibly from the insect frass?? I use rain water and also reclaimed water from the ACs and dehumidifiers.

If anyone has any input or if I'm leaving something out please let me know!!

QuestForZest

QuestForZest

Could be root aphids since they have worm like larvae...check the roots to see if there's anything on them...

Luckydux

Luckydux

Thanks but it's not RA's. What I saw looked like tiny roundworms. About 3 times the diameter of a human hair and maybe 1/8th or 1/4 inch in length. I found an online pic that's similar. Maybe I can figure out how to upload

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hello! I know pictures speak volumes but I'm not able to zoom close enough for it to matter. I'm throwing a hail Mary anyhow by hoping someone might be able to steer me towards something helpful with the info I have. It's week one of flower, the girls look great, and of course I'd like to keep it that way. I need to get a sample of the wormy things to someone in the know but that takes time. Something I don't have much of. So here I am! I presume they're a type of nematode but not sure if they're parisitic or beneficial. I ordered beneficials earlier. It would be time wasted getting clarification if they turn out to be the bad guys and adding good guys can only help. This is my first grow on a somewhat comm scale so I should probably be taking more preventative actions anyhow.

Here's some details on the grow.
I was moving girls around yesterday and noticed tiny worms wiggling around in the light film of water that is under the pots. I have some gnats so assumed it was their larvae and kept doing my thing. But then I remembered that I know what their larvae look like and that ain't them!
The pots sit on raised drain beds covered in black liner, which is the only reason i was able to see them. It was their wiggling that gave them away but the black made them possible to see because they appear whitish/translucent. The dirt is a mixture of foxfarms OF and HF with a bit of coir from black gold. I add a few amendments when potting but nothing I'd think would have nematodes. I feed mostly teas and I'm not sure if that could be a culprit. Possibly from the insect frass?? I use rain water and also reclaimed water from the ACs and dehumidifiers.

If anyone has any input or if I'm leaving something out please let me know!!
hold on ,you said rain water,come to think of it i have seen those before,i have 2 /5 gallon buckets beside my fence for my deer i have to clean them out at least once a week,they sloppy,hahahh but when i slack off,i just top buckets off daily,it just recently tried to rain here about 2 days ago i didnt snap to you mentioned the rain water,but 2 days after i went to clean buckets,even though the water had not been disturbed all the crap was on bottom and threw the clear water you can see something swimming in there,rain water does produce microbes and such right,but i also remember before my dogs got old i kept a kiddie swimming pool out there for water,slim build up on sides looked just like a cattle pond,they were always in there.
like i said early on other post i would give them some azamax on next feeding ,no nutes just the azamax,couple days later if the plant is stressed feed it,it would be over watered but the worms be gone ,and just let it dry to about 45% moisture in the soil,after i let it dry a bit,catch the next feeding in the tray and check for them again,thats just what i would do

Luckydux

Luckydux

Thanks. I gave them a nematode drench a couple days ago. I panic easily and now that I've calmed down i believe they're likely beneficials. I use compost and castings for teas which should contain nematodes among other critters 😊 I get ahead of myself sometimes!
Since the plants are still thriving and drinking i'm gonna hold off on chasing this further! I'll definately update if things change. Thanks again
20191003 095932
20191005 123522

Top Bottom