Possible nutrient issues? FIRST EVER GROW

• Thread starter KambleFrost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
KambleFrost

KambleFrost

Just noticed one of my new plants are showing a bit of yellowing. Is this nutrient burn?
First feed was 2-3 days ago
1ML of each HE Flora Trio
1 gallon of water

soil - Pro-mix BX
PH 6.0
Tap water ppm 100

Possible nutrient issues first ever grow
Madbud

Madbud

You don’t feed seedlings. Wait til the third or fourth set of leaves. The soil needs to dry, theres plenty of water down where the roots are. Wait til the cup feels light in your hand. Never used promix bx but it probably already has plenty of nutes in it like most commercial soils.

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

You don’t feed seedlings. Wait til the third or fourth set of leaves. The soil needs to dry, theres plenty of water down where the roots are. Wait til the cup feels light in your hand. Never used promix bx but it probably already has plenty of nutes in it like most commercial soils.
I was told by a reputable mod on here to give them super low nutes.
The internet is kinda weird on whether promix BX has nutes in it. I read some places that only the Canadian vs has nutes (I’m in Canada)
So I’m severely confused now.

kevinfever

kevinfever

i use bx and hp both are peat base soilless grow medium with mycorrhizae no nutes im in ontario canada

R

redshift75

no nutes just bottle water til like they said few sets of true leaves. Not including the cotyleden leaves. dont need to pump nutes into them. I believe it will slow them down. Think of like what we know about hormones and such in humans. You have to hit a certain point in development before they really come in to play. You want to develop past that before you introduce artificial hormones. and if you do it wrong or too much, too young or stop you get tiny nuts. That proverbially can be said for nutes and plants and their development. I believe its best to always be under and find the fine line it tells you. Because if you go over you can do damage, you stunt it versus Still perfectly healthy & just not giving it A little more "hormones" to reach its super max potential.

if a plant is green and your next feed it tells you it can take a little more nutes at a certain stage in development. Then feel free to give it a bump. But dont rush it. If a plant needs nutes when young you will know. You wont know if you start messing with it and throw it off. I believe when it happens you will get some plants that become really sensitive to nutes when you try to force them on too early. think all the stuff they say "stunts your growth" or makes people "hyper sensitive". Same thing.
I use the human comparison because i think in this case its easy to compare for anyone to understand without getting super technical into development stages and just discussing the topic of nutes to seeds concept.

growsince79

growsince79

I was told by a reputable mod on here to give them super low nutes.
The internet is kinda weird on whether promix BX has nutes in it. I read some places that only the Canadian vs has nutes (I’m in Canada)
So I’m severely confused now.
Its overwatered. Promix has very little but enough for seedlings.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree overwatered but likely cause the little amount of media in that cup need more so that the saturation zone is at the bottom and the roots aren't sitting in it.

I also feed 100ppm of nutes the first feed after sprout in this type of media. The reason being is tap is not balanced and while you won't see deficiencies for around 10-14 days after sprout by the time you see them they are 5-7days old. A ppm feed of 100ppm nutes and 100ppm tap is not going to overfert them in any way shape or form. But it will help ensure the nutrients that are there have some balance to them.

I have done this for every media or starter plug used and never had issues.

Just my opinion and reasoning behind it

KambleFrost

KambleFrost

I agree overwatered but likely cause the little amount of media in that cup need more so that the saturation zone is at the bottom and the roots aren't sitting in it.

I also feed 100ppm of nutes the first feed after sprout in this type of media. The reason being is tap is not balanced and while you won't see deficiencies for around 10-14 days after sprout by the time you see them they are 5-7days old. A ppm feed of 100ppm nutes and 100ppm tap is not going to overfert them in any way shape or form. But it will help ensure the nutrients that are there have some balance to them.

I have done this for every media or starter plug used and never had issues.

Just my opinion and reasoning behind it

As per your suggestion I raised the medium in each cup so they aren’t sitting so low.
Does that look better?

5E31AF10 27DB 4FBD 8D59 711EA5510989
8009EB07 AC83 4807 83A0 DA073342B889
Top Bottom