Possible Pest Or Fungi? Eye Loupe Photos Included

• Thread starter Creep420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Creep420

Creep420

hello everyone. I am new to growing, and have had lots of issues this grow. Things have started to perk up and buds are forming.
However I am noticing an issue.
I watered today and noticed a small patch of white specks on one of my leaves. Thankfully not on any others.. yet.
Upon doing some research, possibly thrips, mites or a fungi?

-5’ tall tent 3’x3’
-200 Watts small grow
-Decent air intake and exhaust with a ocelating fan blowing the canopy.
-3 Gal containers, well drained
-Foxfarm and Promix with a decent amount of perlite for drainage.
-12/12 light cycle
-light is 1’ from canopy
-Ph. Soil and water at 6.5
-Water every 4 days

What in the world is this? 2 weeks into flower and I am super anxious about this..

Possible pest or fungi eye loupe photos included
Possible pest or fungi eye loupe photos included 2
Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Could be pm(powdery mildew).I,v never had it myself so could be wrong.
What happens wen u touch it?is it part of the leaf itself or something on it?

Creep420

Creep420

It seems to be somewhat scaley, it doesn’t rub off so I assume that would indicate it shouldn’t be powdery Mildew?

Creep420

Creep420

Thanks for the comments guys! Just in case I removed the leaf.

Creep420

Creep420

Hmmm as an update it has encompassed most of the other leaves on this plant but has not spread to others.
Maybe it is some sort of thing within the plant, Like a deficiency or an over abundance of something?
The tips and end edges have this odd scale growing on the topside. I wish I knew what this is.

Creep420

Creep420

I have been hitting the forums and random pages, does this seem like a salt or sugar excretion ? I am seeing that in some cases leaves will sweat and leave crystals behind. They do seem somewhat uniform and crystaline in appearance. I just cannot seem to find any threads regarding this.
I do apologize if my constant questions are annoying or mundane

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

Did you see any bugs like this?
7339556 cochineals dactylopius coccus on opuntia cactus

They are Cochineal. I've never heard of them before this. They leave scale on the plant and are very destructive to cannabis. They are cultivated on cacti to make dye from. From what I'm reading, they tend to like roses, olive trees and cacti.

Creep420

Creep420

We do keep cacti in the house, along with jade and other plants in the bathroom, however I am seeing no pests with an eye loupe.
Of course that doesn’t mean that they aren’t there.
I’m still wondering if it’s some sort of secretion, it looks so much like salt or sugar crystals under the loupe. Here are a couple photos of the plant and an affected leaf. I haven’t sprayed them or foliar fed them so it seems odd to see.
Thank you all for your time!

7FD07A9A CC4D 4C9F 9C13 73C0A2691EE6
DF97CF7C 11B5 46D7 ACAB 572794B4887F
SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

We do keep cacti in the house, along with jade and other plants in the bathroom, however I am seeing no pests with an eye loupe.
I’m still wondering if it’s some sort of secretion, it looks so much like salt or sugar crystals under the loupe. Here are a couple photos of the plant and an affected leaf. I haven’t sprayed them or foliar fed them so it seems odd to see.

Like thrips, Cochineal can fly in their adult form. So, if it were them, they could be gone already. If it hasn't spread I wouldn't worry too much about it.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I agree. It does still look like secretions. You're plant looks healthy to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom