Possibly rootbound? Small growth? Day 23 flower. 2 gallon Smart pots. Canna CoCo. 77 day flower strain.

• Thread starter urijah710420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
urijah710420

urijah710420

Hey dudes. So I've made it to day 23 flower(23 days from flip) and I think I might be rootbound. Plants are about 4ft tall. I topped late so when I topped them i took about a foot off each one. So technically they'd be about 5ft tall. I'm in canna coco, 2 gallon smart pots not filled to the brim, they have just over an Inch left up top where I could add more coco if needed. My question is does this growth look small for 23 days flower. I'm currently growing a 77 day(11 weeks) flower strain I have grown once before. Am I fucked? Should I transplant to 3 gallon smart pots now? Really put a lot of time and energy into this and want to get the best results. Should I transplant to 3 gals, or add an inch of coco to the top of the pots, or just let it ride. Hopefully I'm not fucked.
Thanks dudes!!!

Last edited:
ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

When did you transplant into those 2 gal pots? Or have they spent their whole life in that pot? How many days from seed are these plants?

urijah710420

urijah710420

Started 3/1 in paper towels. 3/4 placed into coco in solo cups. Not exactly sure the date they were put into the two gallon smart pots but it was sometime between march 20th-30th. So I'd estimate they've been in the 2 gallon smart pots for about 2 months.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Your plant is probably pot bound but looks ok, i grow plants in smaller pots lately bc i cant get dirt bc of flu supply chain issues, my hydro guy was expecting a pallet of ffof last week and got bloom dirt instead, he had half a pallet of small bags of happy frog but only 2 to a customer, your plant is in flower if mine i would let it finish you may shock the plant trying to transplant in flower, i grew this purple kush plant in a 16oz cup and now have 2 seedlings in 2gal pots and a dwarf in the cup, it's your plant but if were mine would let finish.

urijah710420

urijah710420

Could this be related to the pot being too small? I noticed the ec is rising 200+ ppm every six hours between feedings, could being potbound cause the ec to rise so fast? The pots feel solid as a brick so they must be filled up pretty good.

urijah710420

urijah710420

Increase fertigation frequency.
I really wish I could. Already hand watering twice a day. Don't have any more time to water 3-5 times a day. Deff switching to automated watering next round. Will transplanting to a bigger pot help with it at all?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I really wish I could. Already hand watering twice a day. Don't have any more time to water 3-5 times a day. Deff switching to automated watering next round. Will transplanting to a bigger pot help with it at all?

Yes, with coco, smaller pots = higher frequency fertigation. But I don't know if it is safe to transplant during flowering, might cause a lil stress, or it might not. What I do know is since they just begun to flower, as they get bigger, they will need even more fertigation compared to right now. So if you are going to transplant, I would do it asap.

urijah710420

urijah710420

Hey guys so just an update. I ended up transplanting to the 3 gallon smart pots 4 days ago. I was very careful removing the plants from the 2 gallons. I cut them off so I wouldn't disturb anything. The pictures I posted on my original post are from day 23. Here is day 28. Do my buds look small for a 77 day flowering strain?
bud4.jpeg
budsize3.jpeg
budsize1.jpeg
budsize.jpeg

Top Bottom