Post Transplanting & light cycle

• Thread starter Donjaidynn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Donjaidynn

Donjaidynn

Long story short I transplanted my plant due to unknown abuse of droopy leaves with brown tips and edges.

My question is “ do I keep plant out of light or stay on cycle ?” Getting different opinions and it’s stressing me out !!

C

Cali707

I usually transplant 2 hours before lights out... let them sleep for the 6 hours and by the time lights on all g.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Keep it on cycle if possible, but with subdued light. In other words, keep the same light cycle, but try to shield the plant from direct or heavy light for aday or two, when it perks back up. This allows them to rest and gets the roots to re-fill the new void they have to spread out in.Once they repair and start growing into the new container, they will be ready for full light. Usually 3 or 4 days is enough, and you don't have to keep them dark, just half powered or shaded.

Ina

Ina

Best if you do the transplanting just before the dark period.And you can stay on cycle,you don't have to break it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

There is no stress to a healthy plant with a successful transplant. I see them growing new leaves under full light right away usually.

But a stressed, sick or nutrient deficient plant will get worse with transplant in my experience. And then you have to wait it out.

P

Papagaming

Hey so I just put my seed in water to germinate and my plan is to put it in the ground in this green house out back but before I do that I was going to put my seed in a cup and let it grow for a fue weeks in my sun room but the light schedule will be different in the sun room then the green house so idk if it's going to mess up the plants schedule when I transplant. If someone could help me that would be wonderful thank u 🙏

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

Unless it’s still freezing where you are just plant it in the final container in the greenhouse after it’s had its bath.

P

Papagaming

Thank u! Also if my final container is the ground should I just plop it in there or start it in a seedling cup then put it in the ground

Latest posts

Top Bottom