Post your favorite mid to late flower P-K booster

• Thread starter TheOtherOne
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

whats in it? The company doesnt say and the lab tests show not much.

Confirmation bias is real. Thats why scientists doing tests are not allowed to participate. They automatically skew the results.

I will stick with facts over opinion. Please show me any about vf-11.
Its on the website. I dont own stock in vf-11 or have any reason to lie. The stuff works great as a booster. I've also grown great plants using nothing but vf-11 and ewc. Buds finish faster and taste better. You don't know what you're missing.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have patients feedback as well as Mrs. MMG. We blind tested folks many times. I have a perpetually stuffy sinus so i dont rely on myself for smell and taste tests.

But the dispensary i worked with had my flushed and unflushed plant tested and the unflushed one had 3% more thc and some more yield but i cant remember how much. The peoples center got raided and i never got copies. I would have tested everything back then. I was running 3 known clones 3 times each for tests. I did it for a couple of years back when i posted on riu. Some stuff is in the long 315cmh thread.

Some actual research is starting to come out about flushing. The more recent study i saw done by industry researchers showed zero difference in cannabinoids, terpene content or dry weight yield in flushed vs not flushed. The non flushed even scored slightly higher in a blind testing panel, but it doesnt say whether it was smoked in a pipe or a joint, and again i suspect it was a pipe but havent been able to comfirm it. The flushed pot did show lower levels of chlorophyll, and that was about the only difference noted.

This was an interesting video. Im still extremely hesitent to try not flushing again as a strictly joint smoker that is enraged when my joint burns out. But i might experiment again someday on a smaller scale.

growsince79

growsince79

thats what the blog writer compared it to.
How much cannabis did she grow? What does she say about the thousands of people who use it and like the results? Are they all liars or just stupid? And how does a snake oil company convince enough people to stay in business 50 years.

Like I said before, don't knock it till you tried it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Some actual research is starting to come out about flushing. The more recent study i saw done by industry researchers showed zero difference in cannabinoids, terpene content or dry weight yield in flushed vs not flushed. The non flushed even scored slightly higher in a blind testing panel, but it doesnt say whether it was smoked in a pipe or a joint, and again i suspect it was a pipe but havent been able to comfirm it. The flushed pot did show lower levels of chlorophyll, and that was about the only difference noted.

This was an interesting video. Im still extremely hesitent to try not flushing again as a strictly joint smoker that is enraged when my joint burns out. But i might experiment again someday on a smaller scale.

The growers way back had told me they only flushed so much and switched to fresh water only because they pumped the plants full of nutes. And the flowers would burn poorly and taste bad without the last two weeks to clear out the medium. The grow books repeating the flush for two weeks without the over feeding part must have started the practice.

I feed so little that i just accidentally yellowed my plant just lowering feed ec.

so if i switch to water 2 weeks out i would end up with crap. They would starve in days.

I say it a lot but none of these things are an either/ or decision. They are techniques to be used as tools for specific tasks.

now where is my cal mag?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

How much cannabis did she grow? What does she say about the thousands of people who use it and like the results? Are they all liars or just stupid? And how does a snake oil company convince enough people to stay in business 50 years.

Like I said before, don't knock it till you tried it.

Plenty of crap is sold to people that doesnt work. The whole vitamin industry was selling pressed dirt pills rather than the plants and minerals that need to be in there for more than 50 years. Confirmation bias is real.

growsince79

growsince79

Plenty of crap is sold to people that doesnt work. The whole vitamin industry was selling pressed dirt pills rather than the plants and minerals that need to be in there for more than 50 years. Confirmation bias is real.
OK you are right. I should ignore my own results and listen to you because you know more than an idiot like me will ever know. In fact, anyone who uses any PK booster should stop immediately. They are all morons. LOL merry christmas

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

OK you are right. I should ignore my own results and listen to you because you know more than an idiot like me will ever know. LOL merry christmas

hey all i did was read about the product and find that it has no real ingredients in it that can help plant growth. Then i linked an article that referred to credible proof of this fact.

Many of the microbe products are tested to have few or no microbes. That fact that has been tested doesnt seem to stop growers from buying the brands that have nothing in them. They say they work great and recommend them.

confirmation bias. Sorry to be devils advocate but facts are facts.

growsince79

growsince79

hey all i did was read about the product and find that it has no real ingredients in it that can help plant growth. Then i linked an article that referred to credible proof of this fact.

Many of the microbe products are tested to have few or no microbes. That fact that has been tested doesnt seem to stop growers from buying the brands that have nothing in them. They say they work great and recommend them.

confirmation bias. Sorry to be devils advocate but facts are facts.
<Do not believe your eyes and ears, believe me even though I never tried it or and don't know anyone who has.> That's all I hear. If you like, I'll buy you a bottle and you can at least try it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

<Do not believe your eyes and ears, believe me even though I never tried it or and don't know anyone who has.> That's all I hear. If you like, I'll buy you a bottle and you can at least try it.

thanks but no thanks. And no. We should not rely only on our own eyes and ears. We all practice confirmation bias. Its human nature.

growsince79

growsince79

thanks but no thanks. And no. We should not rely only on our own eyes and ears. We all practice confirmation bias. Its human nature.
So if I do identical clones and the vf-11 clone comes out better and faster every time, it was just my imagination because pk boosters don't work. Okay got it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So if I do identical clones and the vf-11 clone comes out better and faster every time, it was just my imagination because pk boosters don't work. Okay got it.

Ok. Now i need to know why? Im eating and smoking the flowers. Whats in it that caused the better growth? Because there is not enough pk in there as a stand alone plant food.

are you saying you ran one clone in just earthworm castings and one with this stuff and castings?

Cause if so theres your answer. A little more nutrients with the bottle added.

growsince79

growsince79

Ok. Now i need to know why? Im eating and smoking the flowers. Whats in it that caused the better growth? Because there is not enough pk in there as a stand alone plant food.

are you saying you ran one clone in just earthworm castings and one with this stuff and castings?

Cause if so theres your answer. A little more nutrients with the bottle added.
No I've used it for decades with or without ewc and it works. As do lots of other PK bosters. Not suitable for stand alone hydro but in soil it's pretty fucking amazing snake oil. Too bad you will never know the truth.

cody.young11

cody.young11

Source?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

i was account manager for a natural eye care company that sold therapeutic vitamins as well as other treatments to eye doctors and naturopaths but this was 15 years ago in colorado and i dont have my old links or paperwork. Sorry.

Now vitamins have synthesized or isolated chemicals mostly in gummy form. The industry has new tech. One of the reasons medical doctors and surgeons may include vitamins with treatment now but no so much back then.

Dankgardens313

Dankgardens313

The growers way back had told me they only flushed so much and switched to fresh water only because they pumped the plants full of nutes. And the flowers would burn poorly and taste bad without the last two weeks to clear out the medium. The grow books repeating the flush for two weeks without the over feeding part must have started the practice.

I feed so little that i just accidentally yellowed my plant just lowering feed ec.

so if i switch to water 2 weeks out i would end up with crap. They would starve in days.

I say it a lot but none of these things are an either/ or decision. They are techniques to be used as tools for specific tasks.

now where is my cal mag?
I’m a joint smoker my self and non-flushed bud tastes bad. The joint ash is dark and the taste is horrible . I’m a big believer of flushing but you should keep your EC levels higher then taper down so when you begin your flush your plants won’t get shocked and the yellowing wouldn’t happen so suddenly .

Latest posts

Top Bottom