Post your own shareable pics...

• Thread starter Tlegacy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TreeBee

TreeBee

Here in TN we have eastern diamond backs (a 7 footer got caught in someone's bathroom an hour away last year) Timber ratlers, copperheads, cottonmouths, and the occasional coral snake wanders up here now too thanks to climate change.
Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope.....noooope. No.
The biggest snake I have seen in the wild here is a 2 foot long western terrestrial garter snake. So fucking harmless even if you pissed it off enough to bite you its got no venom and might sting a little.... when I was a kid we used to catch garter snakes by the dozen. I don't fuck with poisonous things though. Step in the wrong place and die is not my idea of a good time....😅

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Thatoneguyyouknow_

Nope. Nope nope nope nope nope.....noooope. No.
The biggest snake I have seen in the wild here is a 2 foot long western terrestrial garter snake. So fucking harmless even if you pissed it off enough to bite you its got no venom and might sting a little.... when I was a kid we used to catch garter snakes by the dozen. I don't fuck with poisonous things though. Step in the wrong place and die is not my idea of a good time....😅
lol my hands are so leathery these days i let those guys bite me just to freak people out if i happen to get an agressive one, which is actually rare, and usually they cant even break the skin hahaha. Most the wild garters here will take a small frog or minnow right out of your hand and eat in front of you theyre so laid back.

I consider the wildlife here a bonus. Im at about 3200-3500ft elevation. And im smack dab in the middle of one of the only temperate deciduous rainforest Biomes on earth outside the pacific northwest.

Every time i go outside, i feel truly blessed to be where im at. And even with the bugs, my plants are growing here like they're in a dialed in hydro setup or something its kinda nuts lol.

This is the back yard. up to the crest of the mountain. One more house right on the other side. but you get there from a completely different road down in town. Thats their power wire though lmao.
20240530 114853

And the line back down the mountain. This path was clear cut to the ground when i moved in this febuary. The way plant life grows here is kinda insane lmao. But like i said, rainforest lol. Places here get so impenetrable you could be forgiven for forgetting you're not in the rainforest mountains of Columbia or something 🤣
20240530 115213

It's like the PNW mountains meet florida jungle, plus blizzards in winter and it all grows back in a single spring... lmao.

Last edited:
BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
Na didn’t do either I put it in the fire pit and coated it in diesel and gas an burnt it up I didn’t want the dog to get it
For sure. We watched the body of the one we killed move around for almost two hours! During the skinning and while we were cooking it! I wouldn’t want to mess with the head at all ( it went in the fire pit)

BearWater

BearWater

Supporter
I got up close and personal with a black widow once. Found it climbing on me. Being arachnophobic, I was completely not cool with that. 😳
I know that feeling! It only climbed I hope, no bite?

katraiter

katraiter

My newest Experiment with hanging and alternate drying in a wine cooler I picked up for 20 bucks waiting for a hydrometer to arrive . Live in a high humidity area! So far so good tips were a bit crunchy from it hanging this morning, put in the wine cooler softened right back up has nice smell and feel! Hope this works !

PXL 20240531 140610749PORTRAITORIGINAL
PXL 20240531 140621068PORTRAIT
PXL 20240531 141315081PORTRAITORIGINAL
PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

20240531 113351

This girl, a common blue bellied lizard isn't scared of me. I talk to her all the time when I see her on the patio. I feed lizards and sparrows when I have mealworms and they'll both take them from my fingers.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Little over a month ago! I guess jugging is considered fishing! Sounds more like trapping! L O L! She let it go! Good girl! And tell me you’ve heard the song, big Whiskers! By Otis Gibbs! L O L
IMG 3207

Last edited:
Top Bottom