Cannot Reproduce Posting pics "error occured"

• Thread starter 420reaper
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420reaper

420reaper

started a thread and it says error occured when i tried to upload pics..I even downsized what is the problem

T

TECK

started a thread and it says error occured when i tried to upload pics..I even downsized what is the problem
You cannot upload an image larger than 12MB, with dimensions exceeding 4000x4000px.
For example an image sized as 12.01MB or 5000x3000px wide will give you an error.

Related to the image width, this is a PHP limitation and we cannot do anything about it. Even if your image is 1MB but larger than 4000px (width or height), the upload will fail.

420reaper

420reaper

You cannot upload an image larger than 12MB, with dimensions exceeding 4000x4000px.
For example an image sized as 12.01MB or 5000x3000px wide will give you an error.

Related to the image width, this is a PHP limitation and we cannot do anything about it. Even if your image is 1MB but larger than 4000px (width or height), the upload will fail.
I havent had this issue before.I lowered it to 640x427 size says 235 kb

T

TECK

Works fine for me, might be a browser issue? I use Google Chrome, you should also. :)
I used your image to test the upload:

Vegbloom

Here it is a 4MB file, originally sized at 4000x2667 pixels:

Green

Aligee

Aligee

where do i click to upload pics ? i dont see a photo gallery anymore can someone point me in the right direction please thanks ~AliGee~

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Guys please read how to upload pics. Also read the How-To's in this forum, they teach you many things about the new site functionality.

Aligee

Aligee

thats the first thing i did Logic instuctions do not explain this

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey Aligee, just edit or start a post where you'd like to have a pic then click "Upload a File" which is underneath this box next to " Post Reply" then load a file and click whether you'd like a thumbprint or full size of the pic viewed...

Aligee

Aligee

just watched the video it seems its all done from a PC only thanks fellas gotta go get one now !!!

T

TECK

Works the same way from your mobile phone too (iPhone, HTC, Samsung Galaxy, etc.). :)

Aligee

Aligee

i use iphone4 cant click on any upload besides something called gravatar it wont open on my phone im pretty savy this has me stumped for the last few days

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yea I got a iPhone 4s & it sure don't work the same. I click on up load & it brings up the box 2 down load the pic but I can't click on the file button 2 pick the pic I want 2 download.. I had 2 take my laptop 2 Starbucks & log in2 there free Internet 2 get my threads up & running..Cuz I don't have Internet at my house.. That's how I know it don't work the same 4 my iPhone.. If u can fix this & make it work 4 iPhones that would b super tight cuz it's a super pain in the ass going 2 Starbucks juss 2 upload some pics 2 the farm.. I also don't want people 2 see what I'm doing they could see my plant pic on my big ass screen..

T

TECK

Get an Android phone, problem solved. :)
I'm posting this with my phone. When I take a screenshot, the uploader opens automatically, asking me to select what I want to post. Pretty neat, IMO. Not sure if is Google Chrome for Android that does it or the actual forum software...

Screenshot 2012 03 20 14 43 33
Screenshot 2012 03 20 15 12 13

T

TECK

I think is related to the buggy Safari mobile browser, nothing to do with the iPhone. Could you install another browser on iPhone and see if it works? I don't know well the Apple apps, sorry. Maybe some of the farmers can suggest a different browser you could try from the app store.

catdaddy

catdaddy

mines are nowhere near the size stated and i am still having problems upload pics.

T

TECK

catdaddy, please let us know what you use to upload pics. (browser, operating system, etc.)
Make me a big favor and try Google Chrome to upload a pic here, it should work perfect.

Let's squash that bug, if there is one. :)

Cheers

Top Bottom