Pot legal in Va., well, almost

• Thread starter Panhead59
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Panhead59

Panhead59

As of today, July 1, 2021, in the state of Virginia, it is legal to grow and smoke weed. Only in private, nowhere in public, including your vehicle. Possession is legal, up to a point. 1 oz. Is acceptable to big brother. 1 oz. To 1 lb. Results in a $25 ticket. Over 1 lb. It's a felony. You're going to the big house for up to 10 years. Grow up to 4 plants per household, with restrictions. Outdoors, plants can't be visible from road. Indoors they can't be accessible to minors and must be tagged for intended person, over 21 yrs. Old. No selling private or public, but you can "share or give it away." That includes seeds. Full legalization, including retail sales goes into effect Jan. 1, 2024. Got all that ? Let's go burn one without having to look over our shoulders. 'Bout time imo. Peace Out !!!!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

As of today, July 1, 2021, in the state of Virginia, it is legal to grow and smoke weed. Only in private, nowhere in public, including your vehicle. Possession is legal, up to a point. 1 oz. Is acceptable to big brother. 1 oz. To 1 lb. Results in a $25 ticket. Over 1 lb. It's a felony. You're going to the big house for up to 10 years. Grow up to 4 plants per household, with restrictions. Outdoors, plants can't be visible from road. Indoors they can't be accessible to minors and must be tagged for intended person, over 21 yrs. Old. No selling private or public, but you can "share or give it away." That includes seeds. Full legalization, including retail sales goes into effect Jan. 1, 2024. Got all that ? Let's go burn one without having to look over our shoulders. 'Bout time imo. Peace Out !!!!
Congrats 👏

Panhead59

Panhead59

Currently the powers that be are trying to up the per household plant count to 12. The argument being 4 plants is not sufficient to sustain medical use especially if there are multiple adults in said household growing for medical use.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Currently the powers that be are trying to up the per household plant count to 12. The argument being 4 plants is not sufficient to sustain medical use especially if there are multiple adults in said household growing for medical use.
Send them up to Canada after please and thank you 😁

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

Good news ! The big action here is the possibility of this, the plant count can be argued for sufficiently. Dont forget the male argument 😅 the possibility of all seeds sprouting into males.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'd say 12 per patient is a good number. When you start out, looking for keepers, a lot of those plants end up as compost (mine do, anyway, unless there is someone convenient who wants to make budder, hash or something).

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

If only the backward thinking hopeless law makers in my country were as lenient as yours we dream of the day we can grow our own herb without outlaw status enjoy ya newfound freedom and smoke it on up👍

Panhead59

Panhead59

Tks, we will !!!! My plan is to learn to be self sufficient growing pot and to be stocked up and ready for the front porch upon retirement !!!! Can't wait!!!!

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter
Fellow new VA grower here to share in the celebration. Woot!

Tent024

Schwer

Schwer

Supporter

Man, that would be really nice. I would also like to see this argument on the House floor, "But I ask you, Madam Speaker, how can one Sea-of-Green with just four plants?! "

Top Bottom