Pot size for outdoor grow

• Thread starter Rollalot520
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Thx all I started in 4”x4”pots pro mix hp. transplanted 3 days ago to 3 gal pots added a little Gaia green they’re 28 days old 10” tall No shock at all luckily. I guess just dial my waterings in correctly for a few weeks then into 10 15 gal pots and a couple in the ground. I’m in southern Ontario and can have 4 plants
Nice, I can only have 6 total 3 in veg 3 in flower, BUT I can possess like 3 pounds of flower at my house without an issue. A 2nd person would double the amounts

R

Rollalot520

IMG 1436

No reason you can’t! I start Mine In 9 ounce solos. Under LED shop lights. So they fill up with routes pretty fast. I don’t like putting them out full-time before June 1. My 35s won’t be ready for another week or two. so they go into one and 2 gallon in the interim! want to keep them moving in the right direction till I get off my old, lazy, ass, and get their final homes ready! As long as you can adapt, there’s no One right way of doing things!
IMG 1436

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Look good! Up to you when you want to transplant them! I think you said two in the ground and the rest in pots. Finding out it isn’t Inexpensive to get started! L O L! You can reuse it year after year, so it’s not so bad! Take it easy, and as always! Fear not the transplant!😃🐒

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
And be careful where do you choose to put them in the ground! The spot that has all day sun now, May only have half a day or worse in late August and September! You’re shooting for as much Direct sunlight Possible for as long as possible!

R

Rollalot520

Look good! Up to you when you want to transplant them! I think you said two in the ground and the rest in pots. Finding out it isn’t Inexpensive to get started! L O L! You can reuse it year after year, so it’s not so bad! Take it easy, and as always! Fear not the transplant!😃🐒
And be careful where do you choose to put them in the ground! The spot that has all day sun now, May only have half a day or worse in late August and September! You’re shooting for as much Direct sunlight Possible for as long as possible!
Thx chuck. I have a 200 feet back yard wide open 😁

F

Farmville

The bigger the pot outside the better your plant will be able to withstand the heat. Given you’re in Georgia I’d wager it’ll be pretty hot. Shoot for 30 gal or over and you’ll be having a root zone that’ll help keep the plant cool. Otherwise so small of a pot outside would require more watering. Dry back is going to not keep roots cold making the plant more susceptible to heat stress.

R

Rollalot520

The bigger the pot outside the better your plant will be able to withstand the heat. Given you’re in Georgia I’d wager it’ll be pretty hot. Shoot for 30 gal or over and you’ll be having a root zone that’ll help keep the plant cool. Otherwise so small of a pot outside would require more watering. Dry back is going to not keep roots cold making the plant more susceptible to heat stress.
I’m in southern Ontario. but I get what you’re saying

Top Bottom