Pot size in coco

• Thread starter greenleaff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenleaff

Hey all! My plan as of now is to go from rock wool/aero cloner (haven't decided yet, most likely will go with turbo kloner) to a 10 gallon pot of 70% coco 30% perlite in veg.. then 8 weeks later, put them in a 20 gallon of 70/30 coco/perlite in flower. My worry is that the 10 gallon is too big for the clones. So I was thinking maybe go from freshly rooted clone, to 3 gallon, to 10 gallon, and finishing in flower with 20 gallon.
SO, what does everyone think of starting veg in a 10 gallon?? Also, is 20 gallons of coco too much? I fortunately have the room height to grow pretty large plants.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Hey all! My plan as of now is to go from rock wool/aero cloner (haven't decided yet, most likely will go with turbo kloner) to a 10 gallon pot of 70% coco 30% perlite in veg.. then 8 weeks later, put them in a 20 gallon of 70/30 coco/perlite in flower. My worry is that the 10 gallon is too big for the clones. So I was thinking maybe go from freshly rooted clone, to 3 gallon, to 10 gallon, and finishing in flower with 20 gallon.
SO, what does everyone think of starting veg in a 10 gallon?? Also, is 20 gallons of coco too much? I fortunately have the room height to grow pretty large plants.

I veg and flower in 1 gallon smart pots because they get air pruned and I don’t have to worry about them getting root bound. My plants grow to be about 3-4feet tall. If you’re growing in regular pots then I would start with a 3 gallon and finish in the 10 gallon. If your plants get root bound in the 10 gallon then you can always uppot.

BeepBeep

BeepBeep

Google {DTW Coco} A 3 to 5 gal pot will grow a 6-7 ft plant just fine. If that's really what you want, And use Smart Pots like the post above suggested. Bigger is not always Better with coir. Do your homework cause your gona need lot's of Light, When that Plant Fills out.

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

20 gal pots would be overkill for indoor.
Cannabis in a 5 gallon bucket can easily reach an 8ft ceiling. 20 gal is for outdoor 15+ ft plants. 8 weeks of veg then flip to flower would give you like 5 to 6 ft plants. There is no real reason to use 10 or 20 gallon pots indoor.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

3 gallon pots, never needed more than a 5 gallon for coir.
DSCN0789

BeepBeep

BeepBeep

:cool: 1 Gal ?? I'm currently Growing out a pack of Mosca Blueberry Smoothie in 1 gal fabric pots, I have culled 4 males -kept the best one, And had 8 females! out of 12 a record for me from regular seed! Clones taken 🥳 Should have bought a lottery ticket!!! Ha Ha!!! I'll finnish them out. And sort out the keepers I like. I found some short fat fabric pots 6" tall 7" wide, on Amazon, Good quality too, Great stability no falling over. Until I can grab some 2 liter plastic Pepsi case's to stand-up and stabilize the taller 1gal Smart pots in . Looks good Bud!! Are you hand watering or Dtw?

Last edited:
WankirA

WankirA

Hey there @greenleaff , just for the record are these photo period or autos you are planning on planting?
I ask because although there is some to n fro with the topic, autos generally do NOT like being repotted. They can get shocked and given they are on a timer from the moment you crack them, you may lose vaulable time in recovery if you up pot them, especially if they have started flowering already.

Oh and imho 10g pots are as big as you wanna go indoors.

Seraphine

Seraphine

:cool: 1 Gal ?? I'm currently Growing out a pack of Mosca Blueberry Smoothie in 1 gal fabric pots, I have culled 4 males -kept the best one, And had 8 females! out of 12 a record for me from regular seed! Clones taken 🥳 Should have bought a lottery ticket!!! Ha Ha!!! I'll finnish them out. And sort out the keepers I like. I found some short fat fabric pots 6" tall 7" wide, on Amazon, Good quality too, Great stability no falling over. Until I can grab some 2 liter plastic Pepsi case's to stand-up and stabilize the taller 1gal Smart pots in . Looks good Bud!! Are you hand watering or Dtw?

I grow in 1 gallon fabric pots, coco. Those fabric pots are definitely smaller. It’s good to know I can down size again. I’m curious as to what the yield is in those smaller pots. I get 2-3 onces dried per plant in 1 gallon fabrics. Hoping more with these sativas I have almost done flowering.

Dusty Nuggz

Dusty Nuggz

Do you feed 2x a day in size pot?
Pretty much. I fill up a tall cup in the morning and when I get home from work. I ended up getting 64 grams dry off the plant in that pic. I started playing with these small pots because Im new to indoors and have very little space. I was worried plant size would get away from me. I only have 2x2x4 area to work with. I’m learning to crawl before I run 😃

Seraphine

Seraphine

Pretty much. I fill up a tall cup in the morning and when I get home from work. I ended up getting 64 grams dry off the plant in that pic. I started playing with these small pots because Im new to indoors and have very little space. I was worried plant size would get away from me. I only have 2x2x4 area to work with. I’m learning to crawl before I run 😃
What strain is that? 2oz dried is pretty awesome for that small pot. I just like to try to cut costs and smaller pots = less cost on grow media.

Dusty Nuggz

Dusty Nuggz

What strain is that? 2oz dried is pretty awesome for that small pot. I just like to try to cut costs and smaller pots = less cost on grow media.
Stain is LSD. I do straight coco no perlite. I did 2 in those size pots but the other had trouble germinating and grew a lot slower,it only yielded 40grams dry. Here are a few flicks...

9913F2F2 0904 4228 AA01 92430F0A0B0D
72BA498E D307 4EAD B993 1315BFD9AD5B
C860495B 3093 4EEB 9766 0327DC662D9C
D6F8AEB7 7108 4385 9939 A704DD12D18B
774D1B0C 446C 492A B9CF D26A599192D0
visajoe1

visajoe1

Get a battery powered plant watering device and you are golden!

Top Bottom