potassium bicarbonate spray HELP!!! Please Help!

• Thread starter Highlander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Highlander

I finished cutting some plants today and I notice a set of lower buds have a powdery mildew outbreak and I have sprayed with potassium bicarbonate but never post harvest.... IS IT SAFE TO SPRAY POTASSIUM BICARBONATE POST HARVEST?? on my bottle of potassium bicarbonate it says it is usda approved and you can spray fruit and tobacco post harvest so does that apply to marijuana? anyone ever try this method? or does anyone have an alternative method to treating PM post harvest?

T

Time

I'm not sure if sodium bicarb is the answer but, I doubt smoking baking soda will kill you but the mildew might...

A sulfur burner can help to prevent future outbreaks.

mr. chunky nugz

mr. chunky nugz

I'm not sure if sodium bicarb is the answer but, I doubt smoking baking soda will kill you but the mildew might...

u should try reading that again..its POTASSIUM bicarb, not baking soda

H

Highlander

yea sodium bicarbonate is baking soda...i'm talking about potassium bicarbonate they are not the same thing...maybe this post should be in the advance techniques section but i'm not sure as this is my first pm outbreak during harvest

T

Time

yea sodium bicarbonate is baking soda...i'm talking about potassium bicarbonate they are not the same thing...maybe this post should be in the advance techniques section but i'm not sure as this is my first pm outbreak during harvest

Doh! Thought it read sodium bicarb...:damnhippie:

U

Ulysses

I have used Greenscure Potassium Bicarbonate to combat mold both pre and post harvest... Good shite and a jar makes much solution.

If the mold is heavy, and by heavy I mean readily visable and running well into the bud, you generously cut away the infected bud then spray.

If the mold is light, a dusting of white powder on the surface, no deep mold tendrils extending from the stem, no mushy vegetation, then a light spritzing will kill it.

If the plant is still alive and flowering, cut away the infected bud, get it out of the grow room or patch without much disturbance to the spores, and heavily mist the plant and surrounding plants with the Greenscure- you'll probably have to keep this activity up until harvest...

Greenscure has a wetting agent in it- helps it stick to the leaves. Wetting agent is soap- there isn't much soap in it, I can't taste or smell it. I use an atomizer with a fine mist for indoor, but I continue to search for a good sprayer to hose down a whole patch fast...

Latest posts

Top Bottom