Potassium Sulfate effect on Living Soil/organic nutrients

• Thread starter MountainBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MountainBudz

MountainBudz

Hey guys, here looking for another answer. I am about 40 days into flower in my first grow and after doing some heavy feeding with the GO box, my plants are finally looking good again. The previous 10-14 days they were showing some deficiencies due to my living soil not being enough of a food source. I had bought some Rock resinator that I was planning on using on my plants once a week during flowering but decided against it when my plants started to show some deficiency. Now they are looking good again, I was wondering how much this stuff could hurt my soil. I also found a homemade recipe online and was wondering if this would be any better/worse than the resinator. Since I have already purchased the resinator, I would prefer just to use it.

Here is the homemade recipe. If anyone has any opinions on either of these, or any other terp/resin enhancers they like, I am all ears!

sub invalid .com for rollitup .org

I figure that if you buy 5 lbs of K2SO4 (Potassium Sulfate) off Amazon -

https://www.amazon.com/Potassium-Sulfate-Potash-Organic-Pounds/dp/B00L225EXI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468941355&sr=8-1&keywords=potassium+sulfate

that will make you OVER 6 gallons of the formula (Adding the powder to the gallon of water will increase the total volume of the solution!). Then you spend what you would need to buy the amount of dark brown sugar to do the same.

The cost per gallon would be LESS then $4.00 a gallon to make it!
The others cost $68 a gallon and $158 for 5L!

Here I had my farm math. I used a formula to make a 300ppm application solution for 1000 gallons and forgot to multiply the answer by a factor of 28(grams) to back it to a 10% solution. What I posted was the application rate of 300ppm and NOT a 10% concentration! (Thanks again to MisterBlah!)

SO then 378.5 grams (volumetric math) of that Potassium sulfate powder from Amazon into 1 gallon of water for the 10% solution.
Add the 1.5 tsp of Dark brown Sugar for the carbs. Mix well till everything is dissolved and jug it! (With my old farm math method, and application charts I got 380 grams [correction]- a simple gain of 1.5 grams from formula shifts over the 1000 gallon conversion in the Greenhouse guide chart)

FEED CHART
(DO NOT mix with Silica - this causes a chemical reaction - precipitation)

STARTING Week 3&4 !
4-ml in 1 gallon of your feed

At week 5&6
6-ml in 1 gallon of your feed

At week 7 till harvest
8-ml in 1 gallon of your feed

I researched the "Rock Resinator" and the "Terpinator" formula's and they use an 8% solution and a 4 % solution respectively!

I formulated a 10% solution to be better effective faster. I used both products feed charts and normal feeding values of "K" to come up with the feed chart I gave you.
FOLLOW IT! NO increasing and you'll be safe and happy with the results!

This should make your lemon taste stronger or deeper, along with the smell!

This formula will increase the trich and terp production just like the Mg Sulfate formula BUT, will give everything a rather citrus smell and taste - more "lemony" for the most part.

Changes the taste and smell of any Berry or sour strain to more lemony/citrusy or fuel like..

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Just a question. Why not do a direct add with the Pot sulfate? Why take the extra step of diluting down to water. Not to mention shelf life with brown sugar. I still don't understand when measuring out solids why they use a scale for the Pot Sulfate then use a measuring spoon for the sugar. Should always use a scale. Specially when making concentrates. You can also save a couple of bucks if you order it directly from alpha chem (who gets it from Compass in Utah). If you are close to either one of those states shipping will be even cheaper vs Amazon.

Are you trying to stay organic? Rock res is strait up MKP. Not even close to organic. It won't "hurt" your soil per say. It all just depends on what you want. The Pot sulfate that you listed is organic if that's what you are trying to stick with. Honestly tho if you are using the complete GH GO line why not just stick with that. Prob has everything covered. Spend some time learning whats in all of those and how to use it vs throwing more stuff on top of it.

915GS9y1gpL SL1500

MountainBudz

MountainBudz

Just a question. Why not do a direct add with the Pot sulfate? Why take the extra step of diluting down to water. Not to mention shelf life with brown sugar. I still don't understand when measuring out solids why they use a scale for the Pot Sulfate then use a measuring spoon for the sugar. Should always use a scale. Specially when making concentrates. You can also save a couple of bucks if you order it directly from alpha chem (who gets it from Compass in Utah). If you are close to either one of those states shipping will be even cheaper vs Amazon.

Are you trying to stay organic? Rock res is strait up MKP. Not even close to organic. It won't "hurt" your soil per say. It all just depends on what you want. The Pot sulfate that you listed is organic if that's what you are trying to stick with. Honestly tho if you are using the complete GH GO line why not just stick with that. Prob has everything covered. Spend some time learning whats in all of those and how to use it vs throwing more stuff on top of it.

View attachment 910161
Personally, I do not care if it stays completely "organic" or not. I would like to keep it as organic as possible but if there is something out there that can do more than the GO line, I am all for it. My initial plan was to just use living soil because it required little to no nutes. After seeing deficiencies in flower, I had to get something and that is what seemed to be the best fit to improve on my living soil. I would like to use the BioThrive Bloom and replace the BioBud with the resinator as my bloom booster. I am definitely uneducated in biochem so I have a lot of learning to do. In regards to the sugar, that is a recipe I found on another forum. You mentioned just applying pot sulfate directly but not liking the sugar. Is a short shelf life the only problem you see here or is it just completely unnecessary to add? I am just going off of what I have read but people claim that the resinator will fatten buds and pack on resin but I have also read that it and similar products are all snake oil.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Personally, I do not care if it stays completely "organic" or not. I would like to keep it as organic as possible but if there is something out there that can do more than the GO line, I am all for it. My initial plan was to just use living soil because it required little to no nutes. After seeing deficiencies in flower, I had to get something and that is what seemed to be the best fit to improve on my living soil. I would like to use the BioThrive Bloom and replace the BioBud with the resinator as my bloom booster. I am definitely uneducated in biochem so I have a lot of learning to do. In regards to the sugar, that is a recipe I found on another forum. You mentioned just applying pot sulfate directly but not liking the sugar. Is a short shelf life the only problem you see here or is it just completely unnecessary to add? I am just going off of what I have read but people claim that the resinator will fatten buds and pack on resin but I have also read that it and similar products are all snake oil.

Not 100% sure on shelf life of brown sugar but most of the time they will use refined versions to keep it in suspension in the mix vs off the shelf stuff. Could or couldn't have a problem. Have to test it.

Naw I mean direct add to the water/nutes vs making a concentrate and then dosing the concentrate to water/nutes. Just seems like an unnecessary step when you have the chem in a bag right there and a scale.

I mean sure MKP is pretty much in all bloom boosters. It will work no matter what product you use it in. Different products are going to have different ratios and additions. Stuff like sugar/mag sulfate/vit B ect. Just have an understanding of how much you are adding to the ppm when dosing it and not to go to cowboy on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom