Potency Calc - Do You Weigh Before or After Decarb?

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pondracer

Pondracer

Like the subject says, if you are doing your potency calculation and figuring weight do you weigh before the oven? Thats what I have been doing but I am not sure its the right method.

Pondracer

Pondracer

My favorite online potency calculator bugged out so I decided I never liked it that much anyway, and built my own spreadsheet. For efficiency I am going with 75% in butter using a MBM.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Working more on these calculations. I am including two efficiency/percentage baselines, one for the decarb method and other for the media (butter, oil etc) My thoughts on decarb are cookie sheet, MBM carb box at 60%. For butter I am continuing with 75% for now. So I start off with cannabis weight and percentage of thc and that gives me a gross weight in mg of THC. Decarb via cookie sheet reduces it to 60% of the gross. Then the media again reduces, so in this case butter brings it down to 75% of the adjusted decarb total and then divides that across the gross media that was added to make the infusion.

Right now I get about 50% of my media returned. So if I start with a 4 cup (gross volume/weight) infusion I end up with 2 cups finished media returned. Really inefficient.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Example

Top Bottom