Potential bud rot, but I hope not

• Thread starter Java1010
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Java1010

Java1010

So I'm on day 43 of flower of my very first grow... The other day (Thursday) my area got a substantial amount of rain and I was extremely busy and didn't get down into the basement to check either of my tents (one flower, one veg with round two started). I got more water in my basement than I've ever gotten before and my power strip got wet and blew the breaker (strip on the floor, won't ever do that again) when I checked my plants yesterday I realized the power was out and got everything going again... Basically the flower tent was up to 90% RH and I'm concerned about bud rot. I've got the RH back to 60 and still dropping, but did what potential damage may have happened in those three days. I downloaded my hygrometer readings today so I know it was three days of no humidity control or lights.

freezeland2

freezeland2

So I'm on day 43 of flower of my very first grow... The other day (Thursday) my area got a substantial amount of rain and I was extremely busy and didn't get down into the basement to check either of my tents (one flower, one veg with round two started). I got more water in my basement than I've ever gotten before and my power strip got wet and blew the breaker (strip on the floor, won't ever do that again) when I checked my plants yesterday I realized the power was out and got everything going again... Basically the flower tent was up to 90% RH and I'm concerned about bud rot. I've got the RH back to 60 and still dropping, but did what potential damage may have happened in those three days. I downloaded my hygrometer readings today so I know it was three days of no humidity control or lights.
You’ll have to wait and see. Get the rh as low as possible in the flower tent. I mean low like in the 30’s if you can.

Java1010

Java1010

Tent has been 48-55% RH the entire flower cycle, dehumidifier in tent and one the basement, bought a second for the basement
just to bring it back down asap.

Java1010

Java1010

You’ll have to wait and see. Get the rh as low as possible in the flower tent. I mean low like in the 30’s if you can.
Thank you, trying, today it was 58 when I checked, if I have to I'll get the whole basement down and humidify the veg tent

freezeland2

freezeland2

Tent has been 48-55% RH the entire flower cycle, dehumidifier in tent and one the basement, bought a second for the basement
just to bring it back down asap.
6 weeks in flower. Get it down as low as possible these last few weeks.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Thank you, trying, today it was 58 when I checked, if I have to I'll get the whole basement down and humidify the veg tent
That’s probably what you should do. It will help those buds that were exposed to an rh of 90 for three days. Keep air moving on them too with oscillating fan.

Java1010

Java1010

That’s probably what you should do. It will help those buds that were exposed to an rh of 90 for three days. Keep air moving on them too with oscillating fan.
Will do, have two fans in there already, one clip on in the top of the 2x4 and a small oscillating tower fan blowing under the canopy, given first grow and I only got two females so I don't exactly have a dense canopy in the tent. Hopefully I can pull through this, not going to quit even if it fails, but would like to not have my first crop ruined.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Will do, have two fans in there already, one clip on in the top of the 2x4 and a small oscillating tower fan blowing under the canopy, given first grow and I only got two females so I don't exactly have a dense canopy in the tent. Hopefully I can pull through this, not going to quit even if it fails, but would like to not have my first crop ruined.
Moving air and a low rh will help mitigate the potential of bud rot. When I flower my plants I keep rh mid 40’s and last 2 - 3 weeks I take it as low as I can. Low 30’s isn’t to low.

Java1010

Java1010

Humidity still higher than I wanted this morning, so I duct taped my intake to the DH, going to monitor temps today to make sure I don't get too hot... my LEDs run fairly cool so I'm only about 78°F with lights on normally
PXL 20210824 140403992

freezeland2

freezeland2

Humidity still higher than I wanted this morning, so I duct taped my intake to the DH, going to monitor temps today to make sure I don't get too hot... my LEDs run fairly cool so I'm only about 78°F with lights on normallyView attachment 1161076
Temp is good, hopefully the rh gets to a more acceptable range for late flowering. Keep at it. Don’t think you can do much more than you are.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Post a picture of your bud Rot. Pictures speak a thousand words.

*edit
How long was the rh 90% and how much airflow do you have? Intake or exhaust?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Oh damn.. yeah that’s probably not good. But I’ll wait for the picture. Easier to see what’s going on with a pic.
He hasn’t found any rot yet. Been trying to help him recover from the power failure and mitigate potential for rot to take hold of his grow.

Java1010

Java1010

Post a picture of your bud Rot. Pictures speak a thousand words.

*edit
How long was the rh 90% and how much airflow do you have? Intake or exhaust?
I don't know that I have bud rot, basement flooded slightly and power strip got soaked, tripped a breaker, I wasn't home... RH was 90 when I realized there days after, hygrometer showed when humidity spiked... Trying to prevent bud rot if I can

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I see. Ya thatd help us see what’s going on. At least me.

Java1010

Java1010

Here are some pics of a few colas, temp is now 84 with RH 40%, the strain is an outdoor strain my Father in law has been growing and breeding for 20 years so I'm hoping it's mold resistant
PXL 20210824 151854504
PXL 20210824 151848338
PXL 20210824 151841774

Java1010

Java1010

First grow, made some watering mistakes, mainly underwatering, so the plants aren't as great as they could be

Top Bottom