potluvr's 3 strain grow!

• Thread starter USApotluvr1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

USApotluvr1

Hey sports fans..I'm back!! I learned some lessons, so I should have things dialed in better.

I have 3-Mdanzig Blueberrys, 3-Barney's Night Shades, and 1-DNA LA Con in paper towels and on top of my heat germ mat. When they germ, I am going to put 2-Blueberrys in the larger waterarm in the back left of pic, and 1 LA CON in the waterfarm on the front left. The other two waterfarms will get 1-Night Shade each.
The Night Shades will be in a side-by-side comparison grow with the right rear waterfarm staying stock, while the right front waterfarm has been modified by enlarging the existing holes and making several new ones. It has a 70/30 coco coir/hydroton medium, and will be fed for 15 mins every morning at 6 am. I will up the feedings to twice a day for 10 mins. as they get bigger.

This should be a fun grow, with all strains finishing much shorter than my last fiasco, and all are starting at the same time. I am going to veg for 6 weeks, and then flip.

Grow area-Grow tent DR 100
(39.5" x 39.5" x 72").

Lights-1-600 watt digital HPS/MH that I will start all my girls under with MH for optimum veg growth. When I flip to12/12, I will switch out my bulb in the 600 and go HPS. The 2 waterfarms on the left will be under the 600 watts, while the 2 waterfarms on the right will be put under the 400 magnetic HPS.

Exhaust-I have a 450cfm 6" inline fan/carbon filter, and this is vented by thermoplex ducting into my closet attic.

Nutes-Dutch Master Gold Grow A & B, Cal-Mag, and AN Sensizyme for veg. For flower Dutch Master Advanced Bloom A & B, GH Koolbloom, AN Overdrive, GH Flora Nectar, and AN Sensizyme. Thanks to all those here who answered my questions all the time!! Couldn't do it without you guys!

Potluvrs 3 strain grow
U

USApotluvr1

Good morning farmers!

Just an update, all seeds have germed successfully, with the LA CON finishing last at 36hrs. They love that friggin' heat pad. 2 off the Blueberrys have shed their shells and are rooting as we speak, the 3 Barney's Nightshades all are starting to shed their shells, and the LA CON just went in the rooter tray this am. Hope you all had a swingin' time with your mothers on Mom's Day! potluvr

R

Rural_GrowOp

Hey potluvr looking good man. I'm here for the duration bro.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Couple of questions for you potluvr...are the Mdanzig BB the femmed ones he was sellin not too long ago? and, this nightshade...is it the same one a guy named Ipski420 was growin on BB?

In any case, best to ya on the grow.

U

USApotluvr1

Thanks for lookin', highroller!

Yes, the Blueberry are the femmed I bought off seedboutique (10 seeds for $60!). The other question I don't know if it is the same. potluvr

G

Gorrillagrower

Potluvr............ I think you are really gonna like those Nightshades. I have a family member doing them right now in NoCal and he is in love/lust with this strain. He said the taste was out of this world and the stone was a really hard hitter. And with a 8 week flower time he says its a winner. Personally I think thats saying something considering all the goodies they have in Cali to choose from. He hit his Bubba Kush with some nightshade pollen and I am running 6 seeds from this union at the moment. Just got them germd and in dirt about 4 or 5 days ago. I will be posting pics of it soon on my outdoor grow thread. Good luck with your grow brother. See ya around.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks man. quick answer. i'm curious to see how the BB works out for you. Not to bum you out or anything, but there were quite a few reports of hermies in there. I had 1 of three hermie on me and they all got buds the size of marbles. They did have a nice smell and taste and the high was agreeable, but there was very little to them. I hope your run of it works out better than mine. I'll pop the rest of them if you do well. Mdanzig had sent out seeds to several testers, but they all pretty much left him hangin with incomplete reports or no report at all. That's what a lot of people don't understand unfortunately...the breeder is relying on them to accurately document the grow from start to finish. That's a lot of responsibility. Many people are just looking to jack free seed I think. Shame...
I saw the Nightshade for sale on a seed site and wondered if it was the same one Ipski was runnin....it is phenomenal looking, and by his reports was outstanding. Great BB smell and taste with a great high and above average yields. A real beauty.
Green grows brother.

U

USApotluvr1

Hey farmers!

GG and highroller, I can't wait to see how the Nightshade turns out either, and I will be on hermie watch for the BB, highroller! Thanks for the tip, all info can only help. I ordered DNA Kushberry today, so those and Barney's Crimea Blue will be my next grow, can't wait to smoke the Kushberry, and the grow journals out there on the Crimea Blue all report a very dominant Blueberry smell and taste, while the Kushberry is more piney/lemony. Ain't this fun...like goin' to an ice cream shop, and trying diff flavors each time! potluvr

R

Rural_GrowOp

Ain't this fun...like goin' to an ice cream shop, and trying diff flavors each time! potluvr

My thoughts exactly. Everytime I tell myself no more seeds for a while one of the wonderful breeders here changes my mind. I'm having a great time though. Keep it up potluvr.

U

USApotluvr1

Yes it's fun growing, huh rural?!

Yes, I will never stop buying different seeds and the adage "you get what you pay for" rings true with the top-level strains out there. I see noobs on other sites buying the cheap seeds, and then they cry when they won't germ or go hermie on them...buy cheap you grow cheap. There are exceptions to this and I am not trying to insult those that cannot afford to spend more, but if you can, you will love the difference! potluvr

R

Rural_GrowOp

Well said man. I made the cheap seed mistake once and that will NEVER happen again. I used to bitch about the high prices but if a breeder takes the time to put out good genetics then there worth every dime. 30 dollar seeds are great till they herm out and ruin a whole harvest.

U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Hey all! A brief update-

My LA CON seedling isn't viable, so it will be 3 Barney's Nightshades, each in their own waterfarms.

I changed my plan slightly, in that I am going to run 2 of the Nightshades in the modified waterfarms with a 70/30 coco/hydroton medium, and 1 Nightshade in an unmodified waterfarm with just hydroton. The 2 in coco will get AN Monkey Juice as their base nutes.

I have 1 Blueberry seedling that looks healthy, and I germed 2 more last night, and they will all go into the larger waterfarm. pics later today! potluvr

U

USApotluvr1

Update!

Good day, farmers!

I made some changes-I took down the 1 Blueberry in the larger waterfarm, and replaced the hydroton with coco/hydroton mix, and I will be growing 2 Sagarmatha auto Smurfberrys that were out of stock a couple of days ago. When I checked last night, they were back in!!
Happy times, huh?

The other 3 waterfarms with Barney's Nightshades are looking well, and they got their 1st light veg feed last night.
I will be using Hesi Coco base nutes in my 2 waterfarms with coco/hydroton medium and Dutch Masters Gold base nutes, in the other waterfarm in my side-by-side grow, and the larger waterfarm will get the Dutch Masters Gold base, too! Here is 1 pic of my 3 Nightshades. potluvr

DSCF0038
U

USApotluvr1

Sup BlowCrack?

Thanks for checkin' my grow, bro'!

Update-

I got rid of 1 Nightshade as it seemed to be not growing like the other 2, so when I culled it I decided to put coco/hydroton in all my systems. I have found it easier to get a nice hole for my rapid rooter when I have coco rather than just hydroton.

Changes-I am going to use Hesi coco base nutes, in the 2 waterfarms that I don't have any little girls growing yet (when my seeds come today-I hope-I am going to put 2 auto Smurfberrys in the larger waterfarm, and 1 Kushberry in the other waterfarm). And the 2 waterfarms already going will continue to get the Dutch Masters Gold base nutes.

1 pic of my 2 Nightshades just starting to grow, staying nice and green!! potluvr

DSCF0043
DSCF0044

Latest posts

Top Bottom