Pots

• Thread starter Bobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bobble

Bobble

Anything wrong with just keeping them in a 5-gallon pot. What's the issue if I keep it in a 5-gallon pot
Pots

az2000

az2000

If it has holes in the bottom, it should be ok. I'd worry about the walls of the bucket not being opaque, allowing light to reach the roots. (I don't know exactly why this is bad. Something about the roots producing chlorophyl, and thinking their stems.). Also, any container outside can get very hot in the sun, sitting on concrete too.

chemistry

chemistry

Looks fine to me, I'd carry on as you are. Some huge plants have been grown in 5 gallon patio pots, it all hinges on feeding and watering, get that right and your plant will be unstoppable.

Seraphine

Seraphine

If light can get through, algae will grow on the plant’s roots. if this happens then the algae will deny the plant of oxygen and make it difficult for the roots to uptake nutrients. You shouldn’t have his issue in those buckets though, they seem pretty opaque.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Looks fine to me, a tip, when growing outdoors try to use a light colored pot to reflect sunligh, don't put the pot on concrete it gets real hot, on an excessively hot day put your plants in shade during the hottest hours of the day,looks great.

Top Bottom