Powdery Mildew? Bugs? Or am I tripping?

• Thread starter Stinkychihuahua
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stinkychihuahua

Stinkychihuahua

I found this early this morning. I could use some help figuring out what this is. At first I thought it was trichomes but I don't know, she/he is still in veg. It's starting to show its sex but I can't tell what it is yet. Its day 37. On the top of some new growth there are a couple of white/yellowish specks. In the attached pic the area I'm talking about is the new leaf in the middle. If you zoom in on it you can see it better. I looked at it using a loop. It looks like clear crystal balls. Now, the new growth does have trichomes on them but you can only see it under the magnify glass but what I'm talking about is visible. Under the loop they are slightly bigger and clumped together. I tried whipping it off but it stayed on there. Based on that it could be bugs right? I haven't seen any other signs of bugs. Nothing on the lower growth. Whatever it is I think I caught it early so hopefully I can fix it. Just could use some help figuring out what it is. If you need more info just let me know.
Powdery mildew bugs or am i tripping

Extra Info
My ventilation is over top for a 3x3x6 tent but not running at max. Exhaust + Intake + 2 clip fans.
Humidity levels have been between 30-60%. I've been keeping it under 50 mostly, but there are some days its gotten to 60% for a bit, never for a full day though.

Stinkychihuahua

Stinkychihuahua

It almost looks like thrips. Do they move?
No its stationary. Under the scope it looks like clear balls bunched in patches. If it has to do with bugs these are egg sacs. I cut it off just in case it is, not going to wait for them to hatch if they are. I searched that plant and another and didn't find anything.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Maybe not in focus or might be the light but it does look like it could be wpm, can't tell for sure from the picture though

Screenshot 20201027 163812 Photo Editor

Stinkychihuahua

Stinkychihuahua

So I looked at that before and I checked it out again now that you mentioned it. I figured out that I can take pics with my scope pressed on the camera. Here a couple close up, they are still shitty but you get a closer view. Its of the leave you circled 2 different magnification. I don't know you could be right, I haven't dealt with wpm before.

20201027 215000
20201027 215034
20201027 215416
20201027 215441
thedubside

thedubside

doesnt look like it to me? wet a paper towel and gently wipe the suspect leaf and see if anything comes off

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

If its thrips it will slowley move up your plant infecting more and more, could be the beginning of powder mildew is your rh over 50%? Or is it haveing wide rh swings, are your temps over 80f or swinging? If you have a good loupe you could see the thrips but it does not look to me you have them, keep your rh 50% and temps no more than 80f. And dont let them have wide swings.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So I looked at that before and I checked it out again now that you mentioned it. I figured out that I can take pics with my scope pressed on the camera. Here a couple close up, they are still shitty but you get a closer view. Its of the leave you circled 2 different magnification. I don't know you could be right, I haven't dealt with wpm before.
forget the exact name offhand, stalked captate possibly but those are basically trichomes in the pictures, thought you were talking about that fuzzy looking stuff on your Leaf tips that I circled in the picture above guess it was the light in the pic glad it worked out good luck

Stinkychihuahua

Stinkychihuahua

If its thrips it will slowley move up your plant infecting more and more, could be the beginning of powder mildew is your rh over 50%? Or is it haveing wide rh swings, are your temps over 80f or swinging? If you have a good loupe you could see the thrips but it does not look to me you have them, keep your rh 50% and temps no more than 80f. And dont let them have wide swings.
So I've been trying to keep the rh under 50%. Sometimes it creeps above 50%, nothing above 60%. My room temp is in-between 74-81f when the light is on. Usually its 78-79, if I turn on the dehumidifier the temp gets to 81. The hottest its gotten is 83 but that was once. Yesterday and the day before the temp rh did swing but it was because it was cold as fuck. Temp was 65-72 and the rh was in the 30%s was even in the high 20%s at one point. Are lower swings ok, I'm guessing they are? I can and have been running Ac while the dehumidifier is going but it affects how much the rh drops, still I can keep it under 50% rh. I have been letting it stay at 81 sometimes but I'll start using the ac when it does.

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

Your tripping.
I think they are just hairs/trichomes I think.
That plant will be extra frosty 😀. Trying to stay positive.

I remember reading about marking young plants that are extra “hairy” because they will supposedly be the frostier ones and it is just another arrow in your quiver when trying to make the cuts on which plants to keep.

Stinkychihuahua

Stinkychihuahua

forget the exact name offhand, stalked captate possibly but those are basically trichomes in the pictures, thought you were talking about that fuzzy looking stuff on your Leaf tips that I circled in the picture above guess it was the light in the pic glad it worked out good luck

The spot I circled is what I was talking about. Can't give any closes ups on that cause I already cut it off and tossed it. I did look up Capitate stalked. So what I circled, under the scope looked like those were starting to form. The name I think you were looking for is bulbous trichomes, it looks like that's what they are. Didn't know there are 3 different types of trichomes. Thanks for the help, I feel relief kicking in.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

View attachment 1049285
The spot I circled is what I was talking about. Can't give any closes ups on that cause I already cut it off and tossed it. I did look up Capitate stalked. So what I circled, under the scope looked like those were starting to form. The name I think you were looking for is bulbous trichomes, it looks like that's what they are. Didn't know there are 3 different types of trichomes. Thanks for the help, I feel relief kicking in.
Yeah they're different on the top and the bottom of the leaf but I can remember which was which without looking it up but what I keep seeing in your picture is the same thing I circled up top & I see it in the picture you circled too

Doesn't look like the traditional wpm that I'm familiar with, are you spraying anything on your plant? Can you get a picture without the Flash in a natural light

Stinkychihuahua

Stinkychihuahua

Yeah they're different on the top and the bottom of the leaf but I can remember which was which without looking it up but what I keep seeing in your picture is the same thing I circled up top & I see it in the picture you circled too

Doesn't look like the traditional wpm that I'm familiar with, are you spraying anything on your plant? Can you get a picture without the Flash in a natural light
I haven't sprayed them at all. Should I be? Alright I tried to get them in natural light. Took most of them in the bathroom and one in the tent. No flash or light from the scope. Pics are shitty. The shine on the edges of the fan leaves is just light. From the eye its all green. If you need more pics of a certain spot let me know. I need to trim her

Top Bottom