Powdery Mildew, Fuck Me

• Thread starter slimjimham
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree with filtration for indoors, if it's possible. I can't do it in my indoor scenario at this time.

Also, when the PM expresses is as much a function of the species as it is environmental parameters, no?

Wisher619

Wisher619

I believe it is more of a genetics that might not be able to fight it off...my sativa is literally touching a plant with PM and it has nothing ....I also had 5 Affies in 5 gal pots...fed the same tea....3 got PM...the 2 that didn't got Bud Mold....The Affies came from Afghanistan from an area that is super lush and very dry...the flowers were super sticky and gooey easily susceptible to mold as they were super dense and moist I believe it has something to do with the plant knowing how to fight it off or something to do with the pm not being able to penetrate.....my heirloom maters...some get it and others do not....they grow fine but some are just covered while some literally on top of the others don't get it at all...I think it's all in the genes..those same Affies I have grown inside and had no problems what so ever

slimjimham

slimjimham

I just ordered jms organic stylet oil, called the guy and asked if I should still spray green cure. He said good question, and to do it in the same mix, greencure then ac the stylet oil....

Anyways, anyone else have any experience with this stuff? How did it work compared to greencure? Anyone mix the two like he recommended?

Does it really rid you of the problem for 10-14 days when sprayed?

Has anyone gotten rid off pm using this stuff?

Not much info on it out there

slimjimham

slimjimham

So I'm hopeful about the battle, here's my plan before worst case shut down or even move....

Greencure has been keeping it in control, but not winning the fight. I'm really hopeful the jms stylet oil will be the magic bullet.

BUT, I was also thinking about silica and how that shit makes plants way more rigid (leaves and branches would snap instead of bend)... and how there's absolutely none in the cultured solutions line and they mention it on their site.

So I'm adding some protek, probably about .75-1ml per gallon. I don't think I'm going to add it to the topoff, just the main res at change every 2 weeks.

Also a bit more cal-mag, someone mentioned that it would help strengthen the cell walls making it harder to infect, similar to the silica... overall prob adding a minimal amount of that right now (1.25 ml power gallon, when I was using 1ml per gallon)

Also been spraying down the floors and buckets with physan 20 every few days, along with removing all infected I find.

Man, someone give me a success story with the stylet oil ha. A very very respected breeder said it's what they use but didn't elaborate much

stonestacker

stonestacker

Tagged in.
Probably not much help but my experience last year I lost an indoor crop to pm just before harvest. I got complacent and didn't see it in the thick jungle. I tried a H2O2 dunk at harvest didn't work for me. Hard hit still kicking myself in the ass!

So I Always clean my room between runs with bleach and H2O2 all fans dehumidifier lights etc. I used Eagle20 1 time on my mom's. Now every 7-10 days I use JMS stylet oil. I bought an over sized Quest 150 dehumidifier to help keep the high humidity swings to a minimum. I also do more defoliation to help with air flow. I've always had a lot of fans walls and floor. I use dust shrooms on all my intakes.
Also when I got pm I was experiencing low temp at night in the 60s. I now use a space heater to keep within 10 degrees night and day.
I also have pm all over my vegie garden and landscaping. I live in the woods you find it everywhere. I don't come in from outside without showering and changing clothes pain in the ass but necessary in my mind. I don't let people in my grow either. I've literally chased my wife out when she came in from the vegetable garden. lol

Genetics, stress, and bad environment all can cause pm. Preventative measures are a must!
My opinion is the JMS oil has helped the most. My girls seem to love this stuff. I have no experience with trying to rid pm with it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

slimjimham

slimjimham

I think it's h2o2 just like 29%... so the same thing just less watered down (3% for home I think). But yeah that's what I have. Thinking about getting the smallest atomizer I can get for indoors since my room is only 4 lights. Do they make a mini atomizer?

That way out would kind of get everything like with a sulpher burn...

B

Bangarang

If i spot some pm on a leaf i spray what i can see with some water. Then the next night i will sulfur burn. Depending what point in their life cycle they are at i will continue to burn sulfur twice a week (if they are young i burn sulfur for 3 hours if they are around Week 5 1-1.5 hrs). Keep in mind that when you burn sulfur you should not spray anything on the girls.
A good preventative is Regalia or check out DragonFly Earth Medicine overpriced foilar. I can say it worked but...

J

JohnnyRey

I used to battle pm so much till I got myself a sulfur burner, simple and easy to use.
Before my room starts I burn for about 5 hours, wait about 12 hours for everything to settle in and boom everything is fine after that burn every 2 weeks for 2-3 or once a week for 1 hour. I am in no way a proffessional at using sulfur burners but this seems to completely work for me so I stick with it.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Nice, I don't think I really want to burn sulfur because it's in my basement even though the rooms are fairly sealed during the summer. During the winter I pull air from the room through the hoods into my living room through a forced hot air vent to reduce heating costs big time so definitely don't think that's an option during the winter for me

Got to say that the JMS stylet oil has my stress completely gone as long as you spray it every 14 days no issues at all, still a pain I got to do one more thing but I'm not losing my hair anymore watching it spread haha. It's literally non existent if you spray every 14 days, lots of .edu studies on it too

J

JohnnyRey

Nice, I don't think I really want to burn sulfur because it's in my basement even though the rooms are fairly sealed during the summer. During the winter I pull air from the room through the hoods into my living room through a forced hot air vent to reduce heating costs big time so definitely don't think that's an option during the winter for me

Got to say that the JMS stylet oil has my stress completely gone as long as you spray it every 14 days no issues at all, still a pain I got to do one more thing but I'm not losing my hair anymore watching it spread haha. It's literally non existent if you spray every 14 days, lots of .edu studies on it too
Oh yeah definitely if you pull that air into a living condition even if it was somewhat safe I still didn't recommend it, sorry did not know about that part.

slimjimham

slimjimham

It's an organic mineral oil with no smell taste or odor. 45ml per gallon and spray plants to runoff... The super thin film of oil it leaves behind suffocats the pm instantly, and it stops any from coming back for 14 days because the pm can't attach to the leaf and penetrate through the oil. I was going crazy before I found this because nothing would stop it. This stuff is the magic bullet, don't know why it's not talked about more. I do believe there is a big do not use with sulfer for like 2 weeks apart or something, you'd have to look into it because together bad things happen...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I talk about it often, but always with the warning of its greatest caveat--it can burn the LIVING SHIT out of plants. You've absolutely GOT to be certain you keep it mixed. It'll burn overnight under no light if you apply it and it's not mixed. And you cannot wash it off. I know, I've done all of this.

slimjimham

slimjimham

Like I said I use 45 ml per gallon, though that might be a little strong. What do you use?

Wisher619

Wisher619

I use calcium and amino acids to treat PM.....or should I say Prevent.....literally 100% effective....scientifically studied and proven

slimjimham

slimjimham

Go into more detail please, I know greencure (works but not well at all) it's calcium carbonate.... Are you talking about spraying I'm assuming? What do the aminos do and what kind do you use? How often do you have to apply? And does it prevent as well as rid you of it or do have to apply regularly like with green cure every few days? Thanks always interested in what's out there

You mentioned to prevent it, have you had a bad outbreak that you got under control with it ever?

Top Bottom