Powdery Mildew Started-Do I Harvest?

• Thread starter jigglybones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

J.a.h.

PM always seems to hit my stalks first or is this something else.Inever had it in decades of grw'n but I brought it into the veg rm this year and as of today have only managed to contain the situation . I use a dilute lime spray . Or baking soda & althoug I have been forgetting the wetting agent.

J

jigglybones

The plants I have left (LaConfidential,Cheese,White Widow) seem to be doing fine. It was the PurpErk & sm Cheese plants that exhibited the signs of PM. As mentioned, I did treat all plants with neem (that's what I had on hand), so I'm adverse to trying anything else at this time. Obviously, I'll be monitoring my babies daily,,,, Will keep you all informed.

Thanks again to all who have posted. I'm still a newbie & any/all suggestions (other than "Do Your Own Search") are appreciated. lol.....

K

kushpheen

Any powdery mildew I notice late in flowering I tackle with serenade. It smells a little funky but it doesn't have any adverse on your buds whatsoever!!! Just watch out for bud rot when you have to foliar spray your plants this late in the cycle.

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

Just got my 1st taste of PM, it krept up on me like the plague. i was so focused on the buds that i had blinders on and by the time i noticed it on 1 fan leaf it was pretty much everywhere. I'm going to harvest in about 5 days, the only thing i did was hit the plants with an organic diluted sulfer soulution. it doesnt seem to be on any of the buds yet so i figured id just let it go then harvest. anyone have any suggestions?

R

Rolln J

if you dont have any green cure (most hydro shops dont carry this yet) id try a solution of 10/1 water/milk - I tried high ph water late in bloom on some lower branches once and they plants did not like it - lots of people swear by the water/milk spray though...

dont use that sulfur - its bound to get on your buds and will taste funky as hell - it will utterly ruin any hash you plan on making as well...

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

damn been useing that stuff steady since i saw the mildew, oh well. you ever heard of sm90?

S

Sway

just use serenade on flowering plants. i use it as a weekly preventive spray for PM. it works really well, and doesnt effect the buds.

R

Rolln J

yeah I have some sm90 - i wouldnt spray that this late either, or neem - really only thing I will spray my buds with anymore is green cure (potassium bicarbonate) also commercially available as milstop...

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

rock on, well now i'm just hoping my buds don't taste like sulfer i appriciate the input

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

alright i just checked out the situation. the pm is still there in small amounts and i'm within days of harvest. should i go buy serenade, or if i can find it green cure, hit my crop and wait a week and to harvest?

R

Rolln J

personally if I was literally within days Id just harvest - hows the trichs looking?

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

with the naked eye all i can say is they're there, the sulfer spray that i used seemed to effect the trichs a little on my pure kush plants, my juicy fruits however are all good but both could definatly go for another week.

R

Rolln J

well then I say try and get yourself some green cure or serenade tomorrow (either one will buy you a week) and if you dont come up with anything then take it day by day...

things that will help is lowering the humidity, raising the temps a few degrees and getting a bit of extra ventilation/circulation going...

a trick to help speed up ripening is to decrees your lights on time by a half hour to 45 minutes - keep us posted and good luck!

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

So i went and got serenade and hit my ladies with it. its been a day and the powdery mildew is till visable on the bud leaves and fan leaves of a couple of them. Does the bacteria in this spay take a couple of days to work or should i hit them with it again?

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

I'm pretty bummed. all my flowing plants caught pm and serenade didn't work that well. i harvested and dried andway to see if anything was salvageable. some of my main colas aren't too infected, i'm thinking about curing and smoking them, any suggestions?

C

CAPO

ya clean the livin shit outta your room. get new stock and make sure to start fortifying your plants with a silicate additive. finally, make sure no critters are chewing your leaves leaving wounds to get infected.

clip buds under a strong light to get rid of the stuff that got infected.

stay strong bro pm sucks the big one but it is sooo common. I see a new post about pm like every week.

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

thanx man never had to fight it like this before, i hit it with everything. bakeing soda and water at 1st then diluted sulfer then serenade...if sucked. cleaned my whole area treated all the surfaces with bleach then sm90

C

CAPO

oh ya one more thing-i wouldn't use anything but GreenCure after flower formation. Or a natural, like milk, baking soda etc. (all these things do is raise the ph on the leaf. pm doesn't like high ph.)

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

rock on, yeah i hit the sulfer and serenade during flowing, they didn't have any greencure at my local spot otherwise i would have snagged it, ii ordered it though just hasen't got here

Latest posts

Top Bottom