Powdery Mildew Started-Do I Harvest?

• Thread starter jigglybones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MASSES 420KING

immediatley go to hydro store and buy serenade fungus and disease killer its safe to use on edibles and succulents youll be able to harvest on schedule with no stresses so alls well my dude

M

Mr.Therapy Man

A sulfer burner and systemic spray is the only way to get rid of pm and in some strains it wont leave.My sulfer burner and spray has worked so far.Ive pulled off two harvest with no more pm.Dont use serenade if you want to smoke your buds,it smells and taste like shit.It makes your weed harsh as hell.Ed Rosenthals (new) Zero tolerence for Mildew(blue label) works by changing leave ph so pm wont grow and does not have any smell or taste when deluted.All these sprays should be used at last resort especially med pateints or caregivers...
peace

M

mavado

I got the same problem recently.... i'm sitting here harvesting it so the pm cannot get worse.

Does PM kill some of the unique strain smell? Or does it have its own smell? Some of the strains I'm growing seem to smell similar to each other, even though they are not (blueberry maui smells similar to the sssc basic5 for instance.)

I took several of the colas and dipped em in a bucket of RO water ph'ed to 8.0 to kill the mold (no time to trim it all off)... worked ok but I was pretty vigorous in the dip and it seems to have washed some crystals off visibly.... and there was a layer at the bottom of the bucket...

oh well, got a sulfur burner for next time.

J

JohnWaynesTeeth

After useing everything i could get my hands on to try and destroy my pm problem i can safely say that everything was a waste of my time and money with the exception of greencure.Serenade worked a little but but didn't fully destroy the pm, and it smells like shit, stunk up my room for days, then pm came back with a vengence. Finally my greencure came in the mail, just in time too, my latest crop just started to get infected. Hit it once with the greencure haven't seen any pm since.

P

PotPie

Very helpful!

This thread was really helpful. I shoul've read it earlier! I'm wondering if you smoked the buds? Did you harvest before or after you got the greencure? I'm harvesting right now, and I'm so bummed because I STILL see signs of mildew on the leaves. This is my first time having battled PM. and I don't know if these buds are safe to smoke....?

G

grh

There is a product called That Stuff. Their PM Wash is amazing! It is 99% water and completely safe in flowering. They claim your kids & pets can drink the stuff! I guess they just mess with the ions in the water, so no chemicals!
They also have a product called Might Wash. Haven't seen a bug since I tried the stuff! I use it now preventivly (every few weeks) and NO BUGS.
Their products are BANK but work & super safe...been worth it for me.

M

Mallory Potbag

when i see PM on my babies i toss them immediatly and start over again.

wallofchaos

wallofchaos

The biggest question right now is the buds that had a little bit if PM on them, I harvested and Im drying Normally. Will the PM keep growing on Drying plants? Also If I am drying in the same room Im just spreading the Spores all over the place aren't I? I did toss any bud I saw with PM on them. But the spores are still there im sure.

Am I ok smoking the herb even if there isnt visible PM? like everyone says. The spores are there. when is it not ok to smoke? or cook with? I don't think anyone knows this answer.

You guys are big on the Green Cure... IF i use that its never after 4 weeks on 8 week strains. It turns the pistils orange. Im really scared to spray that stuff on anything over 4 weeks. I had to harvest a plant early due to finding PM on some buds. I cant get my Humidity below 60% and that's with a massive Dehumidifier and a 12k BTU ac unit. in a small room. Temps are 80 to 85 daytime and 72 night time. humidity stays at 60% all 24 hours. Ive tested 2 different units to make sure they weren't faulty. I like the good old Temp/Humidity gauge that doesn't use electricity. Ole Reliable. It is also Summer so the outside humidity is 80%+ all the time. Anyway. Since i'm running a 2 week cycle. 1 plant harvest every 2 weeks. PM is showing up pretty Regularly now.
I think my only solution is a sulfur burner. My plants are in Tents but they are in a bedroom with a lot of storage boxes and stuff. So. I either 1. Quit flowering and go back to my caregiver. OUCH!. or ? Sulfur ? I don't think Green Cure should be sprayed after 4 weeks. Thoughts?

So back to Sulfur it looks like Ebay has burners for around 100$ and no idea how much sulfur I would need but its around 11$ for 2 pounds.

Will this get into all the nooks and cranny's to kill PM in this environment? Next summer I am shutting down for 3 months. Screw this heat and Humidity.

I also notice when spraying green cure on Vegetative plants it burns the tips of the leaves and shoots, which delays growth a little. PM has been showing up on the mothers.
I know where it came from but now to get rid of it is being impossible at this stage.

I've also talked to some Old school growers as i'm pretty old school myself. But these guys have 20+ years Experience. They say once you see PM, Quit growing completely, You'll NEVER get rid of it. They say the only way is to Scrub or Toss/Sell everything. Completely sanitize the room, which is impossible in my situation. carpet and all. but yea. Bleaching the whole place.
and starting over. which if anyone knows is at least a 3 grand venture just to get started.

My caregiver kept saying. dont flower, since I had the PM, But it was under control . Ide spray green cure once a month and spray any clones that went out very well. I was just trading clones for meds. But still having to spend 250$ an oz. which only lasts a month. So I ignored him, made sure I was all clear with the township/state and landlord and went for it. Very 1st crop. 2 weeks from Harvest. PM shows its nasty head and flips me off. Arggg.. how Frustrating.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Did anyone mention UV light? I've used one of these things but WEAR SOME SEROUS UV EYE PROTECTION! It gave me a weird sunburn waving this thing over the plants but it did the job for a week or so. Potassium Bicarbonate is green cure btw and yea it will shrivel the pistils. Sulphur will make your buds taste like match ass if you use it late in flower.

http://www.filtersfast.com/P-Honeywell-UV100E3007-UV-System-kit.asp?gclid=CMrj5oeFu7gCFa9eQgodQkUAvA

The best thing I have found is nuclear fucking warfare known as Eagle-20. It is GNARLY AS FUCK and smells like diesel took a plastic shit. Read all the warnings, suit up, and be scared of cancer. It will rid your clones of PM systemically. My Federation Island Sweet Skunk cut would not be celebrating it's 10yr in August if it weren't for the nukie poo. I don't like using the gnar gnar but when it's survival of your baby you just might suck off the devil. ONLY use it on vegging plants and give them a good month before you flower. If you get PM in flower you're fucked unless you plan on BHO. Eagle-20 should only be used for genetic preservation. Like mama said, don't take clones from strangers!

LayneTGA

LayneTGA

Best thing is to treat with Nuke Em if its the day your going to harvest. But if your flushing and have a week or week and a half get safergro mildew cure its organic as is the nuke em but way cheaper and very effective. If you see ANY mildew even a tiny bit DO NOT harvest PM is a fungus inside your plant not just the leaves and stem you have to treat it to cure it, good luck.

W

Watashi420

Organocide says it's ok within 3 or so days of harvest. I've used it within a week of harvest and noticed no ill taste or effects. just don't SOAK it, lightly mist for a few days.

wallofchaos

wallofchaos

I thought UV lights were just black lights? You know the party kind most kids had when younger. My mothers and clones are clean of PM. I soak them with green cure before going into flower. I seem to have killed off any PM that was showing. But like most of you say the PM is in the plant already and shouldn't be smoked? I haven't seen any new spots in a week. I have a beauty ready to harvest in 2 weeks. I plan on dipping the harvested branches in a Peroxide wash which is supposed to wash the PM away. Anyone else tried this? Its 8 ounces of Peroxide to 5 gallons of water. well known tip from a popular growers.

What about using this stuff in butter?

I had to yank 2 plants early from seeing some pm on them. I took what I could see off which was just lower branches, tossed that, and kept the stuff that looked clean. I'm smoking it. From what i hear is really bad to do.
even if its not visible. I'm sure tons of people smoke PM and not know it. I wont even give this stuff to anyone due to that. I don't want friends to get sick.

So my final question... Is it ok for medibles? and maybe ok if you cant see PM on it? Also does anyone know Does the PM keep on growing on harvested plants? I don't see any spread if there is any.

Probably being dumb smoking this stuff. I am getting a sulfur burner in week. I hope that kills any spores left in the whole room. Praying.

PickleRick

PickleRick

What I hate about all these PM posts and threads, is that someone asks for help, explains his situation, then people recommend various methods, and then he disappears without reporting how things went. How are we truly to learn what works and doesn't work if we don't report our results people! Ive followed all advice I have seen people recommend and after 1 year of battling PM Im so frustrated. I realize now that you do literally have to shut down, clean everything, either kill of mothers and start fresh from seed, or use eagle 20. But people aren't sharing or reporting there step by step proceess for this, and if they were indeed succesful and pm free thereafter. Ive heard of people doing all this. and having pm again, I would literally kill someone or myself if I shut everything down and then 3 months later in bloom it showed up again. I want to save my moms, but shut down and start over, and do it the right way and break the pm spore cycle. I will be happy to share my plan if you guys can give feedback and report how your pm epxerience turned out and what you did step by step!

Please no one recommend anything to simply spray as a control and keep it at bay. Im past that. Need a permanent solution.

Brother Will

Brother Will

Might I Correct What Was Said On Either Page 1 Or 2:
{Molds Do Put Out Spores.} I'm A College Educated Mycologist. They Love Warm, Damp/Wet And High Humidity.
Molds Can Even Survive In Dry Conditions-> {Tricky Microscopic Devils !} May I Ask This Question. Many Reports/Posts I've Read Over The Years And Talking To Lots Of Growers Who Admitted They Smoked
Tobacco Didn't Know That They Can Transfer All Kind Of Spores To Their Plants-Including The Tobacco Mosaic Virus...
Now If It Was Mites W/O Anything Else Affecting The Plant. I Would Harvest And Get All The Kief I Could.
Just My Penny's Worth. Peace And Thank You, Brother Will

RedHotPoker

RedHotPoker

Jorge Cervantes had long ago suggested dunking the plants in a bath of 35% hydrogen peroxide diluted in water. Seems that you could also get it applied from a foliar sprayer of the plants, if they’re were just too large to be moved around for a good cleansing bath.

RedHotPoker

PickleRick

PickleRick

Might I Correct What Was Said On Either Page 1 Or 2:
{Molds Do Put Out Spores.} I'm A College Educated Mycologist. They Love Warm, Damp/Wet And High Humidity.
Molds Can Even Survive In Dry Conditions-> {Tricky Microscopic Devils !} May I Ask This Question. Many Reports/Posts I've Read Over The Years And Talking To Lots Of Growers Who Admitted They Smoked
Tobacco Didn't Know That They Can Transfer All Kind Of Spores To Their Plants-Including The Tobacco Mosaic Virus...
Now If It Was Mites W/O Anything Else Affecting The Plant. I Would Harvest And Get All The Kief I Could.
Just My Penny's Worth. Peace And Thank You, Brother Will

As a Mycologist may I ask you what is the lifespan of spores. This is probably the most important question that I am looking to have answered, as I am planning on shutting down long enough to make sure that all spores have died, and then start up. I have heard 21 days. Which made me think to shut down for 4-6 Weeks.

I know that if I tried to clean up I wouldn't be able to get all of them as they are in the trillions probably and stuck in places that I physically wouldn't be able to get into like carpets, cracks in hardwood, grains in the wood, drywall pores. etc. So Shut down and let things die out seems like the best strategy.

PickleRick

PickleRick

Jorge Cervantes had long ago suggested dunking the plants in a bath of 35% hydrogen peroxide diluted in water. Seems that you could also get it applied from a foliar sprayer of the plants, if they’re were just too large to be moved around for a good cleansing bath.

RedHotPoker
Hydrogen Peroxide is only a control at best. been there done that. I don't want to follow advice from one person like Cervantes, I would like to hear from all growers experiences and then I can look at the bigger picture of what works and doesn't work for a permanent cure for large operations.

Brother Will

Brother Will

PickleRick---> As a Mycologist may I ask you what is the lifespan of spores. This is probably the most important question that I am looking to have answered, as I am planning on shutting down long enough to make sure that all spores have died, and then start up. I have heard 21 days. Which made me think to shut down for 4-6 Weeks.

One Thing To Remember: Molds Will Die Without Water/Humidity & Etc, But Spores Generally Don't Die. They Go Dormant Until They Get Moisture, Heat And Then They Regenerate.

I know that if I tried to clean up I wouldn't be able to get all of them as they are in the trillions probably and stuck in places that I physically wouldn't be able to get into like carpets, cracks in hardwood, grains in the wood, drywall pores. etc. So Shut down and let things die out seems like the best strategy.

Now It Depends Where These Spores Are Amassed. Were Your Plants In A Room/Rooms Or ?
What Materials Are Within The Most Affected Place Of Where The Spores Might Be ? Hard Question To Answer Without More Detail Kind Sir. Here In The PACNW We Have A Horrible Black Mold Problem. Straight Bleach Is The Only Thing We've Found That Keeps It Dormant For Approx A Year. I've Heard Ozone Works/But I'll Have To Get More Into That Information. I've Only Seen Ozone With Hydro, Aero And DWC. Rick... I Don't Think I Answered You As Well As I Could Have-Sorry, Having Health Probs-But Let Me Say This... Wear Good Rubber Gloves. If You Hate Bleach As Much As I... Wear A Good Respirator {Not A Particle Mask} Also Googles Are A Must... Plus Wear Old Clothing You Can Toss And Clean Everything You Can Possibly Get To. Keep Dipping Into You Bucket Of Bleach And Scrub With Old Toothbrushes As Well As Good Clean Rags
Start In One Area-Don't Think About What A Chore It'll Be... Brother, Just Go Step By Step/Area To The Next Area/In Other Words Don't Look Back Over The Whole Area You're Cleaning. Otherwise, It'll Possibly Overwhelm You. It's A Zen Thing. I Hope At Last Some Of This Helped-Be Cool To Have A Hotline To Ask Question Via The Phone. I'll Get Back With You Rick. Peace, Brother Will

Top Bottom