powdery mildew

• Thread starter choking420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Is that a gel or a liquid? I have been using some Azatrol and a sulfur burner next to my dehumi and that is helping alot.

H

hazyfontazy

could this be explained a big better please . .

foliar spray when your lights turn off or take them out the light till the spray has absorbed ,this avoids burning the leaves ,,

dont foliar if the root zone is dry , spray after you have watered /fed ,,this avoids the roots taking up the spray,which can also burn

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
^ Interesting post!! I never thought of that. Thanks.

F

FastForward

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.....THE FUCKING PM IS BACK AND IN MY OTHER TENT :(

My beautiful Reserva Privada mystery plant has got PM on the spine and on some leaves and buds. Disaster...she's on Day 61.

My rh is about 20-25, temps about 18 off 23 on, excellent circulation, excellent airflow.

I've sprayed with Zone and Protector but I'm a bit loathed to so close to harvest. Do I have to bin the whole plant now??

budboy299

budboy299

here is something I came across as well....

In 1987, Dr. R. Kenneth Horst, Professor of Plant Pathology at Cornell
University, conducted tests with baking soda combined with horticultural oil
on roses and vegetables. Dr. Horst's tests indicated a 95% suppression of
powdery mildew and fungal leaf disease within a four week period when sprayed
on a weekly schedule. As a control, he left some groups of shrubs untreated.
His 0.5% solution of baking soda and 0.5% solution of horticultural oil were
effective on eight varieties of roses as well as gourds, herbs, zinnias,
chrysanthemums, muskmelons and cucumber.

might be worth a go and is organic

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Well how many days till you cut her? I would spray an organic spray to control it so it doesnt spread and the cut out the bad areas. A sulfur burner has always worked for me I just stop using it a month before cut and then switch to organic sprays afterwords. Good luck and dont let it take over!!

T

Tolpan

@ff

Thats sad to hear Bro!

I lost nearly my complete last two runs, fucking PM.

Difficult to say, what to do! Harvest everything and perhaps try to see what you can still use or make BHO?

Good luck!

Tolpan

mace

mace

Well, im dealing with a little mildew right now. Two days in a row have sprayed with 25% brown bottle h2o2 (3% concentrated stuff), and 75% water. Wont hurt your plant at all and can be used during flowering.

As always test on small area first.

C

cell

foliar spray when your lights turn off or take them out the light till the spray has absorbed ,this avoids burning the leaves ,,

dont foliar if the root zone is dry , spray after you have watered /fed ,,this avoids the roots taking up the spray,which can also burn

This is a useful piece of info. Thanks HF.

I have never had this problem. Curious as to how it comes about..

H

hazyfontazy

This is a useful piece of info. Thanks HF.

I have never had this problem. Curious as to how it comes about..

powdery mildew is airbourne or can be passed on infected clones,,,its your worst nightmare as a grower:(

mace

mace

powdery mildew is airbourne or can be passed on infected clones,,,its your worst nightmare as a grower:(

The very reason you should quarantine incoming clones for a week and give them preventative sprays treatments.

Using the milk method or the hydrogen peroxide method is going to be only beneficial to your plants, not to mention it's organic and can save you headaches down the road.

F

FastForward

I thought that PM spores are everywhere and you can't ever really clear them - but you can change the environment so that the conditions are no good for it to land, reproduce etc. Is this right, or should I be cleaning down the tents with a bleach solution??

My growroom is in the garden, so I'm surrounded by spores and badstuff...every time I open the door stuff comes in....not much I can do about it :(

R

rounders02

yeah i believe your right FF spores are everywhere all ya can do is like you said keep the enviorment right.

F

FastForward

I've been going nuts trying to work it out....I think the problem is that I've had to cut 1" off the top of the height of my tents, which means with negative pressure there's a lot of extra slack in the tent sides, which suck in.....and those sucked in bits are dead space, rife for spores to develop.

Other than making new rooms using wood or buying 1.8m high tents to replace mine, I'm going to have to live with it for the time being. I'm going to put some slats across to hold the tent sides back, but that's about all I can think of. Am open to any ideas...but am going to run fewer plants so that they don't touch the sides at all.....so 1, maybe 2 in the med budbox, and 4-6 in the DR120.

H

hazyfontazy

I've been going nuts trying to work it out....I think the problem is that I've had to cut 1" off the top of the height of my tents, which means with negative pressure there's a lot of extra slack in the tent sides, which suck in.....and those sucked in bits are dead space, rife for spores to develop.

Other than making new rooms using wood or buying 1.8m high tents to replace mine, I'm going to have to live with it for the time being. I'm going to put some slats across to hold the tent sides back, but that's about all I can think of. Am open to any ideas...but am going to run fewer plants so that they don't touch the sides at all.....so 1, maybe 2 in the med budbox, and 4-6 in the DR120.[/QUOTE

u could try ozone ,i wouldnt strip down ,,just clean well as u have been ,also the adverse weather we been having lately hasnt helped ,i went and checked my other totally clean room today and its back ,,thats with treatment too ..pm also causes premature balding :D,,u gotta laugh else u go insane

I

Indie

Been there, thought I was gonna have to live with it and then I found out about a Sulfur Burner, and I have not seen a spore since. its not for everyone but if possible go with the burner and you will never look back. Wiped out my powder mildew and it has never came back. Use it up until 5 weeks before chop and you will be fine. just an hour or two a week is all you need. Good luck from a powdery mildew free member.:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom