• Thread starter lovesto grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lovesto grow

whats the best way to get rid of powdery mildew never had this problem before

darksideX

darksideX

LOL another thread.. hit' it with Green cure.......garlic,lemon juice.. bicarb workx too..
keep ur temps up..
sulpher burner will kill it also..
citris fresh you can spray on the budz too,it'z natural..
:character0103:
for mom's you can use Triadimefon(..but i won't do it,'cause it'z a pesticide..)
..Ed' Rosenthals .."zero-tolerance"..
or "GC-3"..
for more you have to look yourself like FF sayz..
:icon_cookie:

F

FastForward

Yep.... use the search button to look for powdery mildew - lots of discussion threads around already.

O

Obsoul33t

any left during harvest can simply be washed off with water

S

Sonic Seeds

Breeder
Supporter
citra fresh only keeps it a bay , a hot box sulfur burner is the only sure way of getting rid of it quick and for good . only cost 80 but is the best thing i have bought recently ..
citro fresh doesntt kill the spores in the air .

G

grizz

thanks sonic for the info, does the burning sulfer create a sulfer smell that could be detected or will the carbon filter take care of the smell ?

Greyskull

Greyskull

its not really a strong sulpher stench but tis not very floral, either.

Green Rabbit

Green Rabbit

LOL, I started the last thread on this....Thanks for the info on the 1 tsp. BAking Soda/1 gal. H2O spray... once a week... every 2 days, I check`em and remove what PWD I see and spray w/ colloidial silver.... so far so good w/ a coupla weeks to go:-)

L

lovesto grow

hey sonic thanks i got the burner hit it once for about 30 minites is that long enough and how many days before i should hit it agian

J

Jalisco Kid

If you are short on funds you can go to a thrift shop(second hand store) and buy a used electric skillet to vaporize the sulfur.Its not pretty but I bought mine 5 or 6 years ago for 2 bucks.
I would not do this after 3 weeks into flowering for bud or 5 weeks for oil. I do a sulfur run 3 hours for 3 nights during the first week of flipping the lights. No pm.

mace

mace

15% milk to water
20% h202 (hydrogen-peroxide) to water
Serenade

All work as foilar sprays. All will work.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
How long you vaporize the sulfur depends on the size of the area you wish to treat. For each 10 x 10 area or 100 sq ft of space, one hour is recommended. I did a LOT of searching on the net to find out how to operate them properly when i first got mine, and ended up contacting the company who made my unit and found out that most sites recommendations are way too high and don't take into consideration the size of your area. And it does smell like hell. My scrubber doesn't take care of the smell, you can def still notice it. Just try to find the minimum amount of time you need to vape sulfur to get the job done. The key is to use as little as possible. I think sulfur burners have gotten a bad rep for making the end product taste weird. When used properly and not over-used, they work and they work well. I can't detect it at all on the bud i just harvested. Just my two cents...

H

Highlander

I use potassium Bicarbonate spray at 1 teaspoon per liter and it works amazing. Also, It's USDA approved and you can spray all the way through flowering and even post harvest

F

FastForward

Also, It's USDA approved and you can spray all the way through flowering and even post harvest

Aha! Highlander mate...you might have answered my question....

Can I spray harvested buds that have got pm on them? I was using Zone+Penetrator and am now using AN Protector, and apparently AN Protector is safe all the way through.

I've got two big plants (3oz+ each) that I'm relying on to keep me in smoke, and both have pm in their last week of flush :( I've sprayed them just now and hoping that clears it enough, but can/should I spray the buds or should I make hash/oil?

Cheers, FF....
- p'd off at the pm

F

FastForward

The PM fight continues....but here's something I've just worked out that I thought I'd share (most of you experienced farmers already know this, I just figured it!):

TRIM THE FANS IN BETWEEN BUDS TO INCREASE AIRFLOW AROUND AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THROUGH THE PLANT

I've got great air transfer in the tent, great circulation and I couldn't work out why the pm is still killing me. I now think it's down to my training of topped plants and not thinning fan leaves in between the colas because it didn't happen so badly before I started to learn LST and topping (i.e. my plants are way chunkier than they ever have been).

Hope this helps someone. I'm not sure it's the answer to all my pm probs, but it should make a massive difference.

U

USMCtanker

15% milk to water
20% h202 (hydrogen-peroxide) to water
Serenade

All work as foilar sprays. All will work.

i use just the 15% milk and water and spray then wait a cpl hours and spray with straight water to kinda wash the milk water off. its been worken for 2 months now. i mean it doesnt get ride of it it still pops up from time to time but the milk and water def controls it. :fighting0087:

A

andytoker

ok this is more about the avoidance of pm in the first place - as im sure you know it's a fungus but unlike most fungus it can infect plants in lower humidities due to the high water content of the spores.

pm attacks are often bought on by water stress - plants getting too dry inbetween watering and general uneven watering (although weed plants do like to dry out a little between waterings)
high nitrogen leeds to sappy growth that is more susceptable to attacks of pm and most other things.
cleanliness and the removal of dead leaves etc is also important as is adequate air circulation - removing pointless lower branches, as well as helping circulation, can help stop the spread of pm upwards from soil level

:character0103:

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

You can get a systemic spray from Wilson called benomyl, it stays in the system of the plant for about a week or so, then is worked out. I had a huge problem a while back and this set me right real quick. I now use it as a preventative measure, and havnt seen a spot since. I'm in Newfoundland, the ideal spot for mold and mildew, and it works great here.

Top Bottom