powdery mold

• Thread starter masterblaster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kilo

Unfortuanlty I dont know of a product that can be added to the nutrient res tank

but u could use a foliar techniques "protector" advance nutrients

Protector is a foliar additive aimed at preventing and curing mildew outbreaks which can harm your fruits, flowers and foliage. Highly effective in early tests, Protector is a good product to have around should you ever start to get mildew problems.

another option (I HAVENT TRIED BUT GRANDAD HAS) is create a homebrew with milk :-
Preparing a Milk Solution and Spraying Schedule

The correct dilution and spraying schedule for garden plants depends on the situation and takes some trial and error.

A milk fungicide solution can range from 1 part milk to 9 parts water, to a strong, milk-only solution. A 1:1 dilution may work for a week, but a 1:8 solution requires spraying every 3 or 4 days. (DEPENDS WHAT STAGE YOUR AT)

Skim milk may work better than whole milk, as the higher fat milk may clog a sprayer; even reconstituted powdered milk works.

Uses for Milk Fungicide

Milk was originally used in the garden to treat powdery mildew on squash plants.

Milk has also been used to cure Botrytis. This was applied full strength.

Black spots and rust can be controlled but not cured with milk. Fortunately, milk can prevent the spread of these fungi to other plants and new leaves.

NB THESE ARE FOR FOLIAR APPLICATIONS>>>NOT TO BE ADDED TO RES

best of luck if u do find one let us know

welcome to THC

S

Stackin Paper

Kilo i was with a fella the other night that had a fat bag of bud, wet as fuck and it had all this white over it, looked like yayo on it if im honest, so i open and inspect and yeah you guessed it, its riddled with pm, the geezer has shot over 2key of it in the past couple of weeks at £160 a zip, some fuckin people are just clueless about what they're getting and the best part is matey who is sellin it don't even smoke it, ha ha.

K

Kilo

terrible state of affairs init m8 .... it appears to be that dry on road at the moment that any tom dick and harry thinks they can grow (truth is they are getting away with it)... add to that sadly stacks most average joe's/peeps will toke and buy it ..piss take imo... but not if ya getting the readies...chris tarrent springs to mind "hehe hoho all the way to the bank!!""

not my cup of tea tho bro

F

FastForward

About 2 years ago someone offered me something like that - he said 'look at all the crystals on this' - it was mildew too....all over the buds. I can't believe people don't know the diffs, but I guess that's UK...home of soap :(

Masterblaster - check out that thread that Reeferman posted (I think) re: Silicon....says the same thing about strengthening cell walls and making them more resistant to mold and mildew...I'm trying to use it but I'm in a hard water area....don't want any more pH up!!!

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

powdery Mildew can be a real pain to control if it gets started in your grow area. Powdery mildew spores are in the air all the time so the best thing you can do is keep them grom being able to grow in your area. Keeping your humidity low will help. The spores love cool damp areas. You must keep your humidity below 40% and they have trouble starting when the temps are a bit higher also. Over 80 degrees f. will help to keep them from growing. Also, you must make sure to have good air circulation. PM most often shows up on plants first on lower canopy where quite often foliage is dense and air circulation is limited. Pruning lower leaves before flowering can sometimes help keep the PM down. Also there are quite a few strands out that that have a good resistance to molds and if you grow in an area that is prone to PM then you should try these strands. I hear tell that a lot of the new strands developed in upper Canada have alot of resistance due to the breeding in the cooler climates. Also Dutch Passion has a few strands that they say have good resistance.

What to do if it develops in your grow? The milk theory is one. I tried it and the downfall is the smell. You should use a solution of no more than 10% milk to water ratio. Studies have shown that this ratio is effective and increasing the milk percentage doesn't control the PM any better and can actually cause new problems in the garden. It also has to be applies about every 3 to 5 days. I personally use a product called Organicide. I mix it to the package directions then spray afffected plants completely both top and bottom of the leaves. Best to remove the plant from the grow to apply if you can cause it's a spray and will go everywhere. It does require retreatment to keep it under control. The downfall again, is smell. My wife says it smells like wet dirty dog but it is very efective. Also make sure you wash down your grow area between grows to kill as many spores as possible. spores won't grow much with temps over 80 and humidity under 40%

Hope any of this helps.

S

SENSI ZYM

i use a cheep ready made spray called natures awnser no pm anymore it contains fatty acids and sulpher my flower room is always belowe 40 so doesnt affect there

S

Stackin Paper

I tried explaining to him that leaving in the bag will make it worse but obviously drying out means losing cash, i also explained that smoking any form of mould, well not smoking but inhaling spores could result in death, the geezer sells a bit of :party0022: aswell bless him so obviously he don't care about peoples health.

S

SENSI ZYM

its mad out there bro i cant beleve the price on cheese now 350 and oz 280 if its dank lol wtf happend there 6000 a keg ffs:surprised:surprised

H

hazyfontazy

its mad out there bro i cant beleve the price on cheese now 350 and oz 280 if its dank lol wtf happend there 6000 a keg ffs:surprised:surprised

350 an oz ,,holy fuck ,,280 if its damp ,what nutters pay this ,1 oz they could set up themselves

p.s wtf's diesel worth ?

S

SENSI ZYM

its fucked man i tell you and the grade is wet as water lol m8 i ant jokeing when i say its going for 6000 a keg

hazy sorry i hit the 3 intead of 2 lol 250 an oz more if its dank like ours i aint even playin in to that game man i wana grow 4 eva :rock i keep my dank for my self and the crew

The Joker

The Joker

I have a serious PM issue where I live...it's in the trees everywhere. I have to spray my roses weekly with neem or other oils. Last grow, I got PM and bought a sulfur burner, worked great. You can also use Serenade , but only in the dark!!!

When the grow was done, I took everything out. Wiped all the surfaces with bleach. I put Hydrogen Peroxide into a spray bottle and sprayed my vents , fans etc. Then I repainted the walls and floors.

I also took my fans apart and cleaned them with hydrogen peroxide. I have small fans to circulate air. They were covered in dust and mold spores.

This last round, no PM. and I didn't have to use the sulfur burner.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

That PM is no joke! I've tried neem oil, the milk solution spray..and it still comes back eventually. Such a pain in the ass.

Hashmasta-Kut

Hashmasta-Kut

Supporter
sulfur vapor is excellent, but dont use it within 3-4 weeks of harvest especially if you make hash or oil lots. it really tastes bad.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

I use Dutch Master Penetrator (mix to it's recommended strength) & Dutch Master Zone (5-10 ml )per gal. And mix together.. Then spray both sides of leaves really well, and repeat step every other day or every 2-3 days or so.. then BAM! PM is gone.. Or like the homie Hashmasta said, sulfur burner if you have a larger area to cover..

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

350 an oz ,,holy fuck ,,280 if its damp ,what nutters pay this ,1 oz they could set up themselves

p.s wtf's diesel worth ?

damp diesel buds sell for £10 a gram here lol
damp cheese buds sell for £10 gram aswell lmao

I grow my own and only smoke my own, i havent smoked street weed for 4 years i think!

Top Bottom