Power nap and lvbk and tangerine power
Power nap and lvbk and tangerine power 2
Power nap and lvbk and tangerine power 3
Power nap and lvbk and tangerine power 4
Power nap and lvbk and tangerine power 5
Power nap and lvbk and tangerine power 6
Power nap and lvbk and tangerine power 7
Power nap and lvbk and tangerine power 8
These are what I run into to.they don't show sex in veg, maybe a couple triangles with no pistils. This is 14 days into flower. Some LVBK some tangerine some powernap. All with This same wierd veg growth trait and usually 11 leaf sets.. After running 15 of each I got one TP keeper which is still popping balls AND nice thick pistils. They all have this odd growth where they don't stretch in flower. Its interesting. No female growth hardly. Like no normal "stretch". The tangerine power is super superb at showing thick thick pistils now. Still looks a week behind but it's the only one ive had that "change" of wierd sex traits to solid pistils but still I'm picking balls i see. If the new growth shows these balls I'm culling all the SCS seeds and counting my losses. Never had such growth and it's very dissapointing. Those interested check out my other logs like te true GSc grow. Same regimine. And same as 76 others that are fine.

Here's a pix of my grow just to verify I have a novice experience. Any advice and what this is? Straight hermaphroditism ?

Myco

Myco

So which pics are showing pistils AND balls? I'm straining to see details in the pics. And are these fem seeds?

The 5th pic from the top is the only specimen that I believe I see a pistil and male flowers...

If you're getting an even amount of pistils and balls then yes, straight hermaphrodite. Not worth holding onto. If these are fem seeds, and you're getting solid females but a few balls on the lowers, pluck 'em and party on, but keep an eye on them of course.

What is the strange veg growth you're talking about exactly? Are you depicting this in the pics also? Because I'm not seeing anything in that regard.

I've got 10 females from SCS 30 days into flower right now, three different strains, and they look great. Many other folks have had success with SCS. All I'm going to say.

If male traits are popping up for you from fem seeds, well that is a risk that you are taking with fem seeds. If your environment isn't stable and the fems are prone, they will show you their nutsacks.

If you're growing other strains from fem seeds and not seeing any issues, they could simply be more stable. But, any fem seeds carry a risk to a degree.

You said 15 of each, so I assume these are regs... exactly how many plants out of the three strains (45 seeds) have you seen females with male traits this early into flower? A couple of the pics it looks like mostly male parts, are you sure some of these plants are actually MALES, but throwing a few pistils?

It's extremely strange that you'd pop three packs of beans, and have nothing but herms this early into flower... and nobody else would be having such extreme problems. I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm just saying it's fucking weird, is all.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Dude that's what I can't wrap my head around, these pics are all at 14 days in flower. And still no signs of sex besides the triangle pistol calyx with no pistils except finally tangerine power but it did have balls ok older growth. The veg growth was odd because of of no sex showing. I'd see the triangles looking like a calyx and then it wouldn't push our pistils

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
2 shows balls with the calyx with no hairs., 3 shows the calyx with no hairs, 4 shows hairs on a TP, 5 is balls on the TP I plucked, 6-7 is same thing and 8 is the strong thick pistils on the TP

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

It's fucked up that you're having such a bad experience. I don't know how to call it. My Tangerine Powers are really looking good. I had one hermie out of a 7 pack, which is understandable given that they were female seeds. Mine didn't stretch too bad, but they definitely stretched some. My only complaint is that they're not very loud compared to my previous grows. But, my Tangerine Powers are definitely the frostiest strains I have going (it doesn't say much cuz the others were freebies or flower much longer). Mine also showed sex within the first 5-7 days...are you using any bloom boosters?

dirtyshawa

dirtyshawa

Here's a couple of shots two of my Tangerine Powers at day 30ish. The frost is respectable at this point and pretty consistent for all. The smell is very unique and strange in a fruity salad kinda way. No balls (on the 6 remaining), thus far.
20140626 1509281
20140626 1510071

RicoT

RicoT

Going through the same thing w/ a pack of Sin Mints.
3 out of 4 females hermed on me by wk3. The 4th has now thrown a ball as of wk4 too, but nothing as bad as the others.
12 other strains, all from seed, mostly freebies from the Attitude birthday promo, MOSTLY FEMS. Not one banana on a single one..yet!
Of course, this pack I paid $100+ for… REGS.

That said, they told me to message them on Instagram explaining the situation and they'd "gladly get [me] a replacement pack", and that they "stand by all [their] gear 100%"… This was a day ago, to which I've received no reply yet, and right after my message posted a pic of a SinMint grown by another customer…lmao.. intentional or not…

If this is the case and they guarantee their products, you can't really argue w/ that customer service.
But if not, breeding projects that herm of this magnitude should be BEYOND frowned upon and exploited, because it's totally unacceptable, NOT to be "expected" fem or not, and NOT some new STANDARD where we should EXPECT a fucking herm or two..or three.. in a pack. That cost over $100 to boot. FEM OR NOT! That's as far as I'll go right now before I'm irritated and ranting… Here's pictures, which don't prove shit because they could be of any herm, any plant, any genetics… but regardless…..

Top of "girl"
Photo 3

Balls.. Shitty phone camera. I apologize.
Photo 4

Day 27's pickings of nuts..
Photo 5

Pack...
Photo 1

More balls..
Photo 2

RicoT

RicoT

As an update I was offered replacement pack, so fuck you can't argue with that I guess.

Why can you edit some posts here but not others…?

P

Pimples

Ive ran several scs strains. The tangerine power is iffy. Its the Agent Orange....trust me. I ran several packs og tga Agent Orange back in tje day to get a straight true female. It has a heavy tendency to intersex and go all herman on ya. Everything else ive ran of Sin City gear has not hermied on me in any way. Not even late before the chop bananas.

Top Bottom