Power Outage

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

had a power outage for around 36hrs. Luckily the flower tent is done. I had a small burple panel I set up to keep a few under lights and a little led desk lamp over the new seedlings. I let some light leak over to the big girls that are about ready to flip. I survived lol and so did the plants. I used a small generator to run my heat and a few lights. I know I need to upgrade as my big generator is currently dead.

Power outage

Power outage 2

Ignore the notes left for helper when I. Out of town lol
Power outage 3

What do you do what you lose power? Soil is forgiving, dwc and hydro I see as an issue. Share your wins and losses.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
5500w portable generator. Job box splitter connected to 220 it’s got 7-110 plugs. Extension cords galore, back up 4 bulb T5 in flower room and veg room. Also dehumidifier powered. I’ll through a vented propane heater if need be to keep temps normal.
Extension cord to refrigerator and freezer. Also to living room entertainment center. No need for electric lighting wife’s a candle horder.
And if need be Christmas light illumination.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

had a power outage for around 36hrs. Luckily the flower tent is done. I had a small burple panel I set up to keep a few under lights and a little led desk lamp over the new seedlings. I let some light leak over to the big girls that are about ready to flip. I survived lol and so did the plants. I used a small generator to run my heat and a few lights. I know I need to upgrade as my big generator is currently dead.

View attachment 843800

View attachment 843801
Ignore the notes left for helper when I. Out of town lol
View attachment 843802

What do you do what you lose power? Soil is forgiving, dwc and hydro I see as an issue. Share your wins and losses.
what up with your big gen,i got a gentron 6500,sit up for a couple years and run fine other than no power to controls,took off ever thing just about,wound up taking a side angle grinder plug into gen and roll it backwards on the sidewalk,just quick movement,it does something to the brush like knock the crap off,but power will turn the grinder on win it back feeds

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
5500w portable generator. Job box splitter connected to 220 it’s got 7-110 plugs. Extension cords galore, back up 4 bulb T5 in flower room and veg room. Also dehumidifier powered. I’ll through a vented propane heater if need be to keep temps normal.
Extension cord to refrigerator and freezer. Also to living room entertainment center. No need for electric lighting wife’s a candle horder.
And if need be Christmas light illumination.

How portable is it :)

I’m actually looking for a generator but not to run my grow lights as i know they can stay in the dark for some time without ill effects.

Mass Meds

Mass Meds

Even power hiccups can be a problem. As our HID light doesn't kick-on until we manually flip the switch off then back on after a lose of power. We learned this last winter when wind (not snow) caused repeated quick outages in our area.

The above generator looks like it could power an entire house :)

Glad you have things working again!

3 balls

3 balls

Note to any newbie reading this down the line that lost power for the first time. In short, don't panic. Extra darkness is not gonna kill em.
Try to find a generator if you can. I have a small one for a quick reaction to 1. control the smell 2. If lights on time- turn on a couple of bulbs. I fire up the big boy if it's expected to be a while. The best advice I have would be after the power comes back on- double check all of your timers to get everything back in sync. That's where I've run into actual problems.

D

DylonWyatt

The market is full of generators on a different type of fuel. Definitely, you need to take something more serious than your Yamaha, do not look at it without tears. For girls, do not regret anything, and you will be happy. ;)

madgrower

madgrower

Note to any newbie reading this down the line that lost power for the first time. In short, don't panic. Extra darkness is not gonna kill em.
Try to find a generator if you can. I have a small one for a quick reaction to 1. control the smell 2. If lights on time- turn on a couple of bulbs. I fire up the big boy if it's expected to be a while. The best advice I have would be after the power comes back on- double check all of your timers to get everything back in sync. That's where I've run into actual problems.
So if my bud room is dark for 24 hrs it won’t hurt them. I’m in soil

3 balls

3 balls

I wouldn't recommend it but I would take it over 24hrs of light. If nothing else, 1 cfl bulb would go a long way. Cloudy days happen all the time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And the veg plants can start flowering when the lights come back on from the extended dark period but it would take a few or more days of dark.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

The mini Yamaha was a loaner, keeping the house warm was my primary. I had enough extra wattage to run a little light. My veg tents run 24hrs. I find when you run 24, they flip faster when you drop the hours.
Maybe it’s just in my head but they seem to respond faster. At any rate. No issues this time.

P

PharmHand

FWIW, two consecutive days w 12 hour dark periods will flip most strains. So I would say a 36 h period of dark would do it. But even your small light would have prevented that:)..... I’ve lost a bunch to rot from an 8 hour outage in late flower..... Gens are life savers

D

DylonWyatt

The mini Yamaha was a loaner, keeping the house warm was my primary. I had enough extra wattage to run a little light. My veg tents run 24hrs. I find when you run 24, they flip faster when you drop the hours.
Maybe it’s just in my head but they seem to respond faster. At any rate. No issues this time.

Well, if you are thinking of increasing the amount of seedlings, isn’t it easier to get powerful right away so that you don’t have enough power and don’t buy new ones?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

you all would be surprised how many things you can hook up to a gen,first off after cranking it up ,let warm up,then take a muti meter and stick it in a recepticul,if you are getting 60,you roll,thats ideal number for gen,plug your frezzer and fridge in,no brainer there,start adding lights and such there after,when you get to the overload the breaker will break,right then unplug 2 items,i do lights cause i run oil lamps and candles for light,i have a 6500 watt that runs on propane,on a reg bottle you get at any store ,i run 10 hrs,clean and you dont have to wait in line for gas not to mention having 5 5gal gas cans laying around,im a stoner and i smoke,i dont do gas storage,far as gas goes,every thing that uses gas i fill before expected storms,with my gen my whole basement,every rec and household item can run,but main thing i run when shit get hard here in hurricane country,is the water well,fridge and frezzer.
i like the little gen been wanting one for fishing for years,and sooner than later someone will have one screwed up and throw away ,i will fix it up,hahahhha,but check the rec with muti meter see what you get

scubascrog

scubascrog

Um. kiss my grow goodbye. the dwc side anyways, not the dtw cocos, I'm in the burbs so it rarely goes out here. this season in JAN i'll be starting up again but with the cold, my res is at 55 degrees so i need a heater. and if my power goes out my plants will surely die.

Top Bottom