Power Si Bloom ph HELP!

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

So I was given some power Si bloom and mixed today.
Power Si 1ml per gallon
Jacks 321
Power Si went in res first and mixed a couple hours, I removed one gallon to mix Jack Part A and Epsom Salt and 1/2 gallon to mix CalNit, mixed well and added back to res. PH was LOW! 2.8ph 1050ppm!! Had to add almost 30ml in my 8 gallon res to get it to 5.9, is this normal when using Power Si Bloom?

LEDhead

LEDhead

A couple of searches I found out that the Power Si is stable and will not raise the ph. I was using Armor Si which I know raises the ph, so when I add the Jacks 321 it brings it back down to 6.1.
With the stability in Power Si not raising ph in my RO you think it’s the Jacks 321 that lowered the ph?

LEDhead

LEDhead

I just mixed 5 gallons of 321 only and nothing else. RO is 7.1ph 12ppm after mixing the 321 like I have been, I’m getting a 4.7ph 1040ppm no cloudy water or anything, my res has been cleaned and my pen is calibrated properly.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I just mixed 5 gallons of 321 only and nothing else. RO is 7.1ph 12ppm after mixing the 321 like I have been, I’m getting a 4.7ph 1040ppm no cloudy water or anything, my res has been cleaned and my pen is calibrated properly.
Never used those nutrients but the dyna gro makes my pH all outta wack. Sometimes having to use 25ml of pH up but had no negative affect on my soil pH or plants. But that was in soil.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Potassium Silica has a PH of around 12. Power SI is monosilicic acid which I think is around 9 so It wont mess with the PH as much. It also breaks down and reacts with other things very quickly which will give you less of a PH spike effect. So you were using down and now with that you might have to use up.

If you always mix the same nutes you can use the GH dry up and weigh it out to hit it almost exact and save you some time. I use AN down and GH Dry up.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Potassium Silica has a PH of around 12. Power SI is monosilicic acid which I think is around 9 so It wont mess with the PH as much. It also breaks down and reacts with other things very quickly which will give you less of a PH spike effect. So you were using down and now with that you might have to use up.

If you always mix the same nutes you can use the GH dry up and weigh it out to hit it almost exact and save you some time. I use AN down and GH Dry up.
So adding that much up isn’t a big deal? The ph holds true, I got it up to 6.0 and it held after 3 hours but I wannna keep my eye on it till I feed again

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Does anyone know if adding thus much pH up or down has any negative affect on your soil pH if the pH is holding steady?
edited
Just saw that cemchris thanks brotha

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Does anyone know if adding thus much pH up or down has any negative affect on your soil pH if the pH is holding steady?
edited
Just saw that cemchris thanks brotha

Im not the man to ask about soil stuff.

@LEDhead going off memory mind you - down only adds about 28 ppm or so on P for me in the amount I use after Agsil. I think KOH (what most UP's use) is quite a bit stronger so might be adding more K. I don't have the label or bag anymore my Dry up came in so I dont know if it listed the breakdown.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Here’s the ph after Power Si has been added to my RO and the pen is properly calibrated at 7.0. Totally confused 🤷‍♂️
I did make some with the last of the Armor Si I had and it does raise the ph of my RO

44272415 E818 4259 8FAB 35F2A86FFC8F
75FEAE24 3BF8 465C 91A6 09B38F31CB48
LEDhead

LEDhead

Vegetative Growth:
Ph up RO to 8.3-8.6
let sit 10 minutes
Add PowerSi (5ml per gallon) mix well
let sit 30 minutes
Remove 1/4-1/2 gallon from reservoir
Split into 2 containers
Add Jacks Hydro 5-12-26 (3.6g per gallon) mix in first container till everything is dissolved COMPLETELY!!
Add Jacks Epsom Salt 0-0-0 (1.2g per gallon) to the same first container as the Jacks 5-12-26
dissolve completely
Add Jacks Cal-Nitrate 15-0-0 (2.5g per gallon) in second/separate container
Add Jacks Hydro and Epsom Salt back to reservoir, mix well
Add Jacks Cal-Nitrate back to reservoir, mix well
Wait 30 minutes
!!!NEVER ADD CONCENTRATED PH UP OR DOWN TO SOLUTION!!!
Dilute first!!!
Check ph of solution and adjust to
5.8-6.0ph 980-1080ppm
I use a drill mixer but submergible water pump works as well to help keep the solution in suspension.

Bloom Growth:
Use PowerSi Bloom (1ml per gallon)
Same Jacks mix as vegetative growth

Once a week supplements
PowerSi/Jacks solution cut to 30% strength with RO
Add Recharge 1/2tsp. per gallon
Add Tribus Original 1ml per gallon

4753B2BE 0045 4BB4 8183 3B781A7C6013
4B560BC4 7B6F 43C8 BCAC AA94540A05F4
EE398914 B7D9 4BF7 BCBE 33C282E338D7
DPJohnson

DPJohnson

Vegetative Growth:
Ph up RO to 8.3-8.6
let sit 10 minutes
Add PowerSi (5ml per gallon) mix well
let sit 30 minutes
Remove 1/4-1/2 gallon from reservoir
Split into 2 containers
Add Jacks Hydro 5-12-26 (3.6g per gallon) mix in first container till everything is dissolved COMPLETELY!!
Add Jacks Epsom Salt 0-0-0 (1.2g per gallon) to the same first container as the Jacks 5-12-26
dissolve completely
Add Jacks Cal-Nitrate 15-0-0 (2.5g per gallon) in second/separate container
Add Jacks Hydro and Epsom Salt back to reservoir, mix well
Add Jacks Cal-Nitrate back to reservoir, mix well
Wait 30 minutes
!!!NEVER ADD CONCENTRATED PH UP OR DOWN TO SOLUTION!!!
Dilute first!!!
Check ph of solution and adjust to
5.8-6.0ph 980-1080ppm
I use a drill mixer but submergible water pump works as well to help keep the solution in suspension.

Bloom Growth:
Use PowerSi Bloom (1ml per gallon)
Same Jacks mix as vegetative growth

Once a week supplements
PowerSi/Jacks solution cut to 30% strength with RO
Add Recharge 1/2tsp. per gallon
Add Tribus Original 1ml per gallon

Do you not follow the jacks schedule or a customized schedule when using power si bloom in flower? Meaning do you not use the bud set, ultra violet or finisher?

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
So I was given some power Si bloom and mixed today.
Power Si 1ml per gallon
Jacks 321
Power Si went in res first and mixed a couple hours, I removed one gallon to mix Jack Part A and Epsom Salt and 1/2 gallon to mix CalNit, mixed well and added back to res. PH was LOW! 2.8ph 1050ppm!! Had to add almost 30ml in my 8 gallon res to get it to 5.9, is this normal when using Power Si Bloom?
I like silicium but recently it went up to 225 for a bottle that was 155 back in may. So I tried power si and it sunk the shit out of my ph as well. Within 5 days I could see the negative effects it was having on my plants so I threw it in the trash can. I don’t know if the bottle is bad or what but I’m not gonna give it a try again. Rather pay the extra $75 for silicium.

Anthem

Anthem

I like silicium but recently it went up to 225 for a bottle that was 155 back in may. So I tried power si and it sunk the shit out of my ph as well. Within 5 days I could see the negative effects it was having on my plants so I threw it in the trash can. I don’t know if the bottle is bad or what but I’m not gonna give it a try again. Rather pay the extra $75 for silicium.
take a look at the F R AG product. I am going to be trying it in the near future. Silicium, I hit up the hydro store and they wanted 268 out the door for enough for 1600 gallons. The product mentioned is about 100 more to the door or less if hydro store has it and makes 7800 gallons

Top Bottom