Power Si Bloom ph HELP!

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
i too use power si bloom and haven't noticed any major nosedive in pH. I was mildly concerned at first as i was using protekt before and that added a ton of alkalinity to the solution and required pH'ing back to 6.5 before mixing everything else. not the case with power si, which i really like. i'd suspect it was caused by another additive. one option you could consider is adding pH up initially, bring back to 6.5 then proceed mixing all your nutrients with si first, then the rest in proper order and mixing duration between parts. could also confirm it's the si causing the nosedive by checking the ph before throwing everything else in, and proceeding to check throughout mixing a new res until you find the culprit. process of elimination basically.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
take a look at the F R AG product. I am going to be trying it in the near future. Silicium, I hit up the hydro store and they wanted 268 out the door for enough for 1600 gallons. The product mentioned is about 100 more to the door or less if hydro store has it and makes 7800 gallons
The shit is getting out of hand lol. Something tells me the big dogs are most likely getting it for free to say”we use this product” then the little guts all take the hit.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
i too use power si bloom and haven't noticed any major nosedive in pH. I was mildly concerned at first as i was using protekt before and that added a ton of alkalinity to the solution and required pH'ing back to 6.5 before mixing everything else. not the case with power si, which i really like. i'd suspect it was caused by another additive. one option you could consider is adding pH up initially, bring back to 6.5 then proceed mixing all your nutrients with si first, then the rest in proper order and mixing duration between parts. could also confirm it's the si causing the nosedive by checking the ph before throwing everything else in, and proceeding to check throughout mixing a new res until you find the culprit. process of elimination basically.
I don’t know what is going on I’ll do a test today in a gallon of water. The first day I used it after mixing everything together ph dropped to 3.8 and took a ton of AN ph up to get it back to 5.8. Normally after everything is mixed up and depending on the season of the year my ph will be at 5.2-5.6 and just need to add a small squirt of ph up to get it adjusted.

C

Clase

Using power si bloom it will drop your ph big time. My tap water is roughly 7.3 ph. I add 2mil of power si bloom and it almost cuts it in half...I add about 4ml of ph up and I'm good.

CookiesLikeWhoa

CookiesLikeWhoa

I've been using PowerSi as well and it will drop my RO water from 7.1 to 3.6 instantly. Add some PH up and it's good.

Mind you I'm in soil, so I mix everything in a 5 gallon bucket and then PH it.

vchavez

vchavez

I'm using Power Si Bloom with RO water and FloraFlex nutrients like other users already said Power SI Bloom makes the PH go down like 3.5PH I mix my nutrients and for the last part I add like 4 or 5ml of PH UP for 5 galons to get the PH on the mark of 5.9.

Top Bottom